Anime

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by CounslerCoffee, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Naomi [oxiglycodextrosium] Registered Senior Member

In the anime, at least, it's pronounced something like "cho-bit-su" with the main accent on the first syllable, and a slight accent on the third.

I find Chobits to be an advertisement of the "traditional" perfectly submissive and cute female who absolutely worships her man and obeys him like a slave, a la many a misogynistic Japanese middle-aged man's dream, so at best it's just cheap comedy mixed in with angst.

For more depth, try 'Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien', 'Haibane Renmei', or 'Mahou Tsukai Ni Taisetsu Na Koto'.

For a brain stimulator, 'Serial Experiments Lain' will do it. Might I deign to comment that it came far BEFORE the creations (the Matrix) of the Wachowski brothers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Aww, you're no fun. Prude.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alienmoviefan Registered Member

Hey... I am looking for some anime books or a really good sci-fi/fantasy book for my daughter who will be 10 in two weeks. She is wicked smart and a totally good artist. I wanted some suggestions on what to get her. SHe is into Manga, and Death Jr... stuff like that. I need help. Make me a suggestions please!!!! Thanks

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tnerb Banned Banned

Anyone can talk about CLEAN anime games??
    Are they downloadable on the net anywhere/how?

8. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

I like big breasted cartoon chicks in games where my only goal is to penetrate their labia...

9. Tnerb Banned Banned

serious.

playing thru 2 of them right now, but don't know if there are any clean games out there. Are there? Are they free? .........eyeeeeeee seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee uuuuuuuu

10. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I cannot think what the appeal or the gameplay would be like, so I do doubt the very existence of such a title. I think you're stuck with bishoujo.

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

say what? I know they exist. Anime / adventure games. Related to hentai but clean. They exist. Where? How? Free?

12. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Tried google?

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

yeah man....

Tried google up the ass. You can trust me on that one. Maybe I didn't spend 5 or 6 hours looking, but close enough

It was either 1 a dream, or 2 I have played one before and would love to have another one at my fingertips.... (that is, besides all the hentai otaku crap)

14. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

newgrounds.com

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

that site sucks.

doesn't have any actual downloadable games that aren't flash crap (use off line).

16. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

What about Zeonic Front, Federation v.s Zeon, or other Gundam games? Thems is fun, 'cause you can blow things up.

17. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Ah yes. I had totally forgotten about anime with giant explodaging mechs. Please forgive me.

18. totoro12 Registered Member

I like anime but im not an expert,my first anime movie was My neigbor totoro(was about 6yrs oldand it was awesome), king of fighters,db.I am actualy on cowboy bebop its pretty good, shaman king wasent that bad,just finshed watching full metal alchemist,i liek naruto too, so i wanted someone to tell me about some good animes i should watch thank you

19. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

youll have to rent these but they are awsome goldenboy,full metal panic and fumoffu,diagaurd to name a few.

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

mars, ur site sucked

21. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

that site is awsome,did you watch Xombie,and A new bunny?

and the star trek and star wars parodies?

they have Stone Trek for god sake,star trek done by the flintstones,theres nothing funnier.

22. Tnerb Banned Banned

i agree wit' u there man,

Just for the ANIME games, they have none that you can download or anything. Besides I don't have sound on my computer

23. totoro12 Registered Member

Is FLCL good?what is the story