Ancient Giants of America

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by river, Mar 29, 2014.

1. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

A rather pertinent question here might be: if fossils have been unearthed, where are they? What museum or archeological institute has possession of the actual evidence?

Don't show me a picture, show me the fossil or tell me who has it. That's a lot better evidence than some image that's been photoshopped.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Well watching the youtube video would be a start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4sI34aIZ0

After you watch the video then we will have something to base a discussion on

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Yeah. It's a bit of a shame though, that we can't base any discussion on fossils on display in real museums, along with articles by real archeologists.

But that's science for ya; if it isn't on youtube it's probably a hoax.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

You haven't watched the video

8. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

If it's on youtube, river believes it. After all, he can see it with his own eyes.

9. river

So let me get this straight , there is NO science presented on youtube at all

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

So, there were some Indian tribes of exceptional height.
    Where's the problem?

11. river

First they are Not Native Americans as we know them , just to be clear

The problem is that this knowledge is not in any History books of America , and should be

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Sure there is.There is also a whole lot of crap.

13. Balerion Banned Banned

I hate to admit it, but I watched the video you linked to. The one with the stonemason-turned-"researcher" whose claims all rely on, and solely consist of, his own incredulity in regard to the official explanations: "How is this a root cellar?" "I wouldn't know how to put this together." "Why go to the bother?" "That doesn't look like an erratic to me!"

You call that scientific evidence? I call it a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about blindly criticizing those who do.

14. river

At least you watched the video , thats a step in the right direction , nothing wrong with an open mind

But how is it a root cellar ?

15. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

"HOw is it a root cellar" makes no sense as an argument.

"This is not a root cellar because:
    3. ..."

Is an effective argument, as long as the points are evidence based.

16. river

Sorry

I meant how it could it be a root cellar

17. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

My point was that you're the one challenging the currently accepted explanation, it's up to you to explain how it's wrong.

18. Balerion Banned Banned

What possible reason could you have for believing it isn't?

19. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Equally, so what if they're not root chambers? What does that have to do with the presence of giants in ancient north america?

20. Balerion Banned Banned

No idea.

21. river

From points given

1) the area was inhospitable to growing anything

2) food rots in this room , done by researchers

3) no evidence of doors

4) no shelving

22. Balerion Banned Banned

Nonsense. There were plenty of farmers in Putnam county. Still are!

Evidence, please? The guy makes the claim, but provides no names, dates, or material that can be traced back to these supposed studies. It's more likely that he's heard this second- or third-hand, or that he's just making it up himself.

Yeah, I heard him say that he didn't notice any drilling in the stone where a door would go. I mean, seriously? Did colonial farmers drill holes into the rocks of the root cellars?

In which one are we talking about? He's not specific. That's probably intentional. And what does he mean there are no doors or shelves? Does he mean there are none now, or that there never were? I mean, it's not like he discovered these places himself; they've been known of for as long as people have lived there (indeed, they were built by the area's earliest settlers!) so does he allow for the possibility that these items have been removed?

As to why there are so many of these things in Putnam county, the answer is simple: The area is rich with big rocks!

And also, New York is not New England. This may seem like a minor oversight, but it speaks to the general lack of attention to detail of this "researcher."

23. river

Ah I see but to quote you

Hmmm....