An Open Letter to My Pro-Bush Brother-in-Law

Discussion in 'History' started by Repo Man, May 22, 2004.

1. Undecided Banned Banned

Such gross exaggerations seems to really illuminate the stupid.

No they aren't actually, sorry but historical comparisons are on our side. I think the most vivid example of this is the Reichstag fire, 9/11 incidents. They both rallied the population against a common enemy, and enabled both Hitler and Bush to enact legislation that dramatically reduced the rights of citizens. Neither Bush nor Hitler were elected into power either, they were both appointed. Both have used extreme nationalism and patriotism to stifle debate. These are things no one can deny, they have happened in front of our eyes. I fear the only reason why someone would say BU$H = H1TLAR references only make them look like a pack of intuitively deficient idiots. is because they have a emotional-intellectual complex that denies any relation because “Hitler’s bad”. Surely no one wants an American president to be compared to a Fascist dictator of the 30's (trust me no one). But we shouldn't have to shut up, merely because some people can't grasp or even cope with an accurate comparison btwn the two. Remember it's really just a comparison, no one here is saying that these two men’s policies are the same in scope, but they both have a common thread. If we ignore history we are bound to repeat it, and dismissing rather thinking about comparisons is just one faucet of that. Let's not get so nationalistic and emotional that we can't see the glaring comparisons btwn the two. I am certain we can compare Bush to another tyrannical leader as well, Hitler is really just the easiest one. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if I could compare Kerry to Peron!

Last edited: May 23, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. YoungWriter Audiophile Registered Senior Member

Hitler's invasion of Poland wasn't just out of the blue. A good chunk of Poland had belonged to Germany for a long time, and was taken away after WWI. Last time I checked, U.S. never was a part of Afghanistan or Iraq.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

Well, hey, so long as you're admitting it's asinine hyperbole, I'm going to start comparing our leftists to Stalin and Pol Pot and call it even.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I think that would be illuminating, Stokes. How many parallels can you draw between American "leftists" (pick one) and Stalin or Pol Pot?

8. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

Sen. Dianne "ban all guns" Feinstein supports a ban of private firearm ownership.

Stalin enforced a ban of private firearm ownership.

OMG THE HORROR WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN??!?!?//11

9. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

If Bush=Hitler
    then Kerry=Chairman Mao

Hype did you forget your little red book? Youre in trouble now!

10. Undecided Banned Banned

I didn't admit that at all, what I said that their policies are not the same in "scope" not that they weren't the same. History is defined by cause, effect, and trends. For both Hitler and Bush they fit rather well, to merely discount that is hyperbolic idiocy at its best. I don't think we as a society should irk away from comparisons just because we don't like it. It is you Stokes who have yet to show how the comparisons are "hyperbole". It is anti-intellectual to merely discount the comparison because you feel uncomfortable. Emotion always destroys intellectual thought. It is obviously to all of us who are reading comments like yours that it's not because our comparisons are wrong, rather that you are incapable of grasping the method of history, or you are being blindly ignorant, not wanting to hear the truth, so you can pretend to remain in genuine denial. I don't think you are ignorant, but you have to open up to ideas that don't match your own if you are even going to attempt to be relevant. Also like Hype I will be waiting intently at that comparison btwn Stalin/Pol Pot and the American left. Enlighten us shall you?

11. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

As usual your argument is void of anything substantive. Many comparisons between Bush and Hitler were made above, yet we’re supposed to believe your empty claim that any comparison is stupid.

12. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

You people are so full of shit. You compare bush to hitler for the inflammatory, dramatic value of it and nothing more. Otherwise, you'd just say "bush sucks for this or that reason". You get more fake, shallow bang for your buck when you make an inflammatory comparison. Then you have the nerve to get indignant when you're called on it.

Asshats, all of you (who are condoning the validity of the comparison).

13. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

False. She supports a ban on assault weapons, a subset of firearms.

14. Undecided Banned Banned

I think that Zanket's reply to Stokes applies to the one above Zanket's as well...it's just to easy to call people names isn't it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Yes it is. I prefer "shucking and jiving".

16. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

It's quite easy.

Look at what you're doing, you moron.

"bush is hitler"

Idiot.

17. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

"Bush is Hitler" is just shorthand for saying there's lots of similarity between the two.

18. Undecided Banned Banned

Oh no, you calling me an idiot is the epitome of irony. "bush is hitler" I didn't say that, you did, “moron”. What I am saying is that there are accurate comparisons btwn the two. It is your emotive-intellectual complex which denies you the ability to think rationally. I know how your "brain" (should I stretch the meaning so very far) works, "Bush cannot be like Hitler because... it just can't be. Stupid Asshats". The saddest thing in all this is that you think you are an intellectual, oh how illusions can be so very strong. Also who is to say that calling a person Hitler is insulting them? Hitler did some good things as well as bad; it's all a matter of perspective. But I forgot you are just too "intelligent", you transcendent "Asshat".

19. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

You do so by making the comparison.

Head in the sand eh? Your type can't help it.

How rational of you.

As if you are remotely capable of comprehending my thinking child? Your ass should be swatted for insolence.

Your quick jump to conclusions is typical of your lacking insight and the source of the pertinent application of the term "asshat" you goddamned asshat.

How the shit do you know what I think I am. In that capacity I do know that you are NOT an intellectual, but an encyclopedia who spews facts a figures and a face deep analysis.

LOL. Why are you so insulted that I call you asshat, or idiot? You claim intellectual superiority and then play dumb. Impressive flexibility.

Sure, and idiots are good for asshats, it just depends on how you look at it. Why are you whining at me then child? You know what, if someone didn't intend to be insulting about it, they would likely preface their comment with "okay, I don't mean it like 'hitler is the anti-christ' or anything, I simply mean blah blah blah". Let's see how you distort this. It's amazing the lies you have to tell yourself in order to trick you into thinking you don't suck.

I have not made my intellect the issue, you have - you goddamned asshat.

20. Undecided Banned Banned

Typical Wes post isn't it, trying in vain to sound almighty, and intellectual, when in reality the smoke and mirrors make their re-appearance. Let's see how much of your post actually deals with the issue?

You do so by making the comparison.

No, what I am saying is that there are logical and rational comparisons btwn the two. If I were to say Bush is Hitler like you did, then I would have said that they both share everything in common. Which they don't, but there is an undercurrent of the same themes. Too bad if that tad pole of a brain cannot grasp it; your brain is indeed like a pond. Smelly, shitty, full of liquid, but deep down inside it has some modicum of life.

Head in the sand eh? Your type can't help it.

You mean? Rational by type? It wasn't me you intellectual midget wearing stilettos, t'was you.

As if you are remotely capable of comprehending my thinking child?

Your right I am not capable, I can't think of nothing...

Your quick jump to conclusions is typical of your lacking insight and the source of the pertinent application of the term "asshat" you goddamned asshat.

See this argumentation is typical of the Wes, lacking in any substance, or logic. Merely because I successfully question the authority of Wes, he get's all defensive. It's so sad... You can't get over that loser term can you loser?

How the shit do you know what I think I am.

Well I know your ”shit” box who demands respects, while is so intellectually backward not to realize that having to demand it means you don't have it.

You are so easy...give me more!

In that capacity I do know that you are NOT an intellectual, but an encyclopedia who spews facts a figures and a face deep analysis.

You on the other hand are what? The master ad hom-er as shown in your constant replies, which last on forever but serve to purpose but to bloat your ego by showing yourself that you can type a lot?

LOL. Why are you so insulted that I call you asshat, or idiot? You claim intellectual superiority and then play dumb. Impressive flexibility.

I am intellectually insulted that anyone who claims to be an intellectual would even utter such an untermensch term as asshat. It doesn't insult me; no rather I have much empathy for you. Hopefully one day you can crawl out of the hole of self-aggrandizement and see yourself for what you really are...

Sure, and idiots are good for asshats,

You know if you repeat the stupid term long enough it says something about you. How unoriginal can one get?

You know what, if someone didn't intend to be insulting about it, they would likely preface their comment with "okay, I don't mean it like 'hitler is the anti-christ' or anything, I simply mean blah blah blah".

No Wes your mere presence is an insult to this forum and humanity at large. As a result I have to talk to you on terms you understand, that of an asshole.

Let's see how you distort this. It's amazing the lies you have to tell yourself in order to trick you into thinking you don't suck.

Let me tell you, you've proved it!

I have not made my intellect the issue, you have - you goddamned asshat

21. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Perhaps it's your ignorance of American culture, or at least of the common knowledge of pretty much everyone I've ever spoken to. You see, invoking "hitler" is equivalent to invoking "satan". I personally do not give much of a shit about either one, as hitler, like anyone else, was just doing his thing. However, if you invoke that name and pretend it's innocent, you're an idiotic asshat, or you are sheltered beyond usefulness.

It's my guess that you're not sheltered. As such you're rendered: Despicable asshat, you idiot.

22. Undecided Banned Banned

LOL! Thank you for proving yet again that I can destroy you and your untermesnchen mentality. You are nothing more then a propped up pseudo, who obviously tries quite desperately to defame people in a lame, and easily exposed attempt to look like an intellectual. I will pray for you, someday you will learn you are nothing more then scum. What you don't seem to realize you “Despicable asshat" is you proved my thesis on you’re "thinking"(lol) right:

You see, invoking "hitler" is equivalent to invoking "satan".

Which proves:

It is your emotive-intellectual complex which denies you the ability to think rationally. I know how your "brain" (should I stretch the meaning so very far) works, "Bush cannot be like Hitler because... it just can't be. Stupid Asshats".

Not because the comparison is wrong, because you can't deal with it. OH MAN! Thank you SOOOOO much. Now go into the pond from which you came.

23. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I see. In "asshateez"

Social awareness = "your emotive-intellectual complex which denies you the ability to think rationally"

Note the following, you moron:

"I personally do not give much of a shit about either one, as hitler, like anyone else, was just doing his thing."