An independent Jewish Only country in the US territory

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Feb 24, 2008.

?

Would the US give land for a Jews Only country?

1. I am American and I say Yes

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I am American and I say No

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. I am American and I have some other opinion

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. I am not American and I say Yes

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  5. I am not American and I say No

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  6. I am not American and I have some other opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh no one denies them.

But the Israelis broke the covenant and lost Israel.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Pray tell what is your source

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

hu, hu, so they broke the covenant!

which means, if we do follow our religion....yes, yes indeed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The covenant has nothing to do with Muslims. It is related to the Arc of the Covenant. I think.

I'm a little hazy on Judaism. :shrug:

8. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

doesnt matter. you have proven that above all else its about religion. jews dont follow their religion, clearly israel isnt theirs.

9. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Finally, some progress!

10. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

yes, we should dress in black, grow beards, and follow god. thats the solution.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You mean the Quran verses which you pointed out are not about religion?

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

the arc of the covenant holds the tablets that the covenant was engraved upon

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i mean the reason you open up so much threads about israel while you live so many miles away, is beacuse of religion.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Vice versa. The hypothesized Ark of the Covenant (not an "arc" but an "ark" like Noah's that carries things) is a sacred wooden container heavily trimmed with gold, about four feet long with a 2 1/2 foot square cross-section, with poles for carrying, as descried in several books of the Old Testament.

The Ark supposedly contained several sacred relics of the Israelites, most importantly the original stone tablets God delivered to Moses, upon which the Ten Commandments were written.

The word "covenant" (Hebrew berith) is used in the bible for various solemn agreements between the Israelites and their god. The essence of all the agreements is that the Israelites will worship the god who, in appreciation, will bless them. The word used without a modifier refers to the basic Covenant between the two parties, which is the Ten Commandments: the foundation of the relationship between the Israelites and their god. The "agreement" is rather one-sided, since the infinitely powerful supernatural being dictates all the terms and the Israelites can either obey them or be cursed.

The history of the Ark of the Covenant in the bible has it ferried around from location to location as the politics of Israel ebbed and flowed. Its last "documented" location was the Temple in Jerusalem. When the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem they purportedly took the Ark, and its location has been the stuff of legends every since. At various times, various people have claimed it was in Egypt, Ethiopia and Zimbabwe, and even that it turned up in Europe in the hands of the Knights Templar. The movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark" was based on the premise that a Pharaoh absconded with it, resulting in a present-day location of Egypt.

I have always heard "the breaking of the Covenant" to mean a violation by the Jews of their ancient agreement with their God, which had made them his "chosen people." This was in a general sense, with no specific covenant mentioned, which by default means they have broken the original Covenant: the Ten Commandments. This is given as the reason why their history has been so full of sorrow and strife, e.g., the exile in Egypt, the Roman occupation, the loss of Jerusalem to the Muslims, the Diaspora, the antisemitism in Europe, the Holocaust, and now the conflict between the modern State of Israel and its neighbors.

The only connection between Muslims and the Covenant is that an overabundance of unfriendly Muslim neighbors is the Jews' punishment for breaking it.

15. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

its brit not berith.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah, thanks Fraggle, for some reason I associated the Ark with Christians.