An admiration for genocide

Discussion in 'History' started by S.A.M., Aug 2, 2008.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Religion, of course. The Abrahamic religions are steeped in the support of genocide. No where else will you find this type of reasoning than within religious scriptures.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is that why Stalin did it? He killed 20 million of his own people because he thought atheism was better. As did the Chinese and the Khmer Rouge

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

In that case, the question is - What is it about Iraqis that makes Americans want to kill them? And what is it about the US that makes it want to kill Iraqis?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, what is it? And not just Iraqis, Americans are famous for their obsession in the past with Filipinos, Hawaiins, in the present with Latin Americans, Middle Easterners, East Europeans. Why? They have the same outlook on Cuba and Iran too.

8. John99 Banned Banned

Terrible. This thread. Terrible.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

One would suspect, that as a moderator of a science board, you would actually learn something when you make an error in knowledge and others correct you, especially when they provide source after source for you to read.

But, of course, you were probably placed here specifically to provide Islamic propaganda by the admins as you clearly aren't here to learn anything.

10. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

I think "racial hatred" is superficial and actually a misnomer for what is going on. I think the real interests behind invading other countries and killing people are always economical in one way or another. But since it is tabooed to state this clearly (even to oneself), some superficial "reason" is invented.

I mean, who would dare say "I am so poor, I don't think I will survive if I continue the way I have done so far, I shall kill some people and take their land and their possessions, this will help me" -?? Or who would dare say "I am so afraid, I have no refuge, no inner peace, my mind is out of control, I feel threatened by this person, I shall take preemptive action against them so that then I can feel better" -?? It is a cross-cultural taboo to say such things, even if they are true.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So you think Americans go to war because they are poor and afraid?

12. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Were they sitting in German homes with snipers who were picking out their women and children?
    --> They slaughtered many women and children.

Were they killing only Germans?
    --> They were killing all those on the German side.

Did they impose sanctions that resulted in the deaths [by malnutrition] of the German children?
    --> Yes.

Did they refuse to do body counts?
    --> They didn't have the time, need or care.

Did they publish fake news to conceal the fact that they were killing mostly civilians?
    --> They certainly published fake news.

---------------

Are these your new stipulations for a genocide?

Quick! Someone get the UN on the phone! Sam has finally decided her very own requirements for declaring something genocide! Surely the world community will want to hear all about this!

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't remember the Russians preemptively going into Germany and doing this for 20 years. Link please?

14. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

Yes, because they think they are poor and threatened, and that this should not be so and they must do everything in their power to make themselves rich and safe.

As opposed to poor countries, the US is actually rich enough to act this way on a grand scale.

The problem with waging wars like that is that richess and safety are sought where they cannot truly be found. As the US in its better days has shown, material welfare does not make happy, nor does it last.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why do they think they are poor and threatened? Are they so oblivious to reality?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  16. Tyler Registered Senior Member

It would be ignorant, naive and - frankly - playing into the hands of the perpetrators to think there was any one reason for Americans declaring war. Moreover it would be prejudice as you would be assuming all Americans are the same. Which is just stupid.

Some of the reasons Americans felt the need to go to war in Iraq:
    (1) Genuine belief it was necessary for democratization of the Middle East coupled with a belief in the nobility of spreading democracy.
    (2) Fear of Moslem dictatorships.
    (3) Fear of Saddam Hussein and his supposed WMDs
    (4) The assumption that the Iraqis would welcome them with open arms.
    (5) Fear of further terrorist attacks coupled with the belief that Iraq supported and aided the terrorist networks.
    (6) To support the military industrial corporations.
    (7) Oil.
    (8) A (retarded) belief that it would somehow help Israel.
    (9) Desire to further American control in the Middle East coupled or not with the belief that this was a noble goal.
    (10) Plain ol' love of war.

These are merely ten of the myriad reasons different Americans supported this war.

17. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

It is the common state of being for people who don't really believe in God.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And the sanctions? The two Gulf wars?

Intentional malignant recourse?

http://www.progressive.org/mag/nagy0901.html

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  19. Tyler Registered Senior Member

I'm fairly certain you didn't ask that question. As such I'm deeply curious why you think I said it.

Even if I had - which I didn't* - it wouldn't really matter. Even your boy David didn't include "pre-emptive attack" as a constituent of genocide. I'm pretty sure it's not a necessary part of any definition.

If all you're trying to say is that what the Russians did in WWII is better than the States in Iraq... Well... yeah...duh...

20. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Many of the same reasons. Oil; fear of WMDs; 'protecting' a 'friend' in Kuwait; the illusion of stability; punishment on Iraq used as a fear tactic against other nations...

You seem to read newspapers, Sam. I'm surprised you need me to tell you any of this.

21. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Wait... I just want to play catch-up here...

So now we've moved from the debate over whether or not Iraq is a genocide to arguing that the sanctions and wars were bad?

If so, the debate is over. I agree. They were/are bad.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So they are killing Iraqis specifically for all these reasons. Through any and every measure. Thats genocide.

23. Tyler Registered Senior Member

No, it's not.
    Genocide requires:
    the intent to eliminate AN ENTIRE* racial, ethnic or national group.

I'm going to say this next part in bold because you always seem to find a way to ignore it.

You have yet to show that the Americans are attempting to eliminate AN ENTIRE racial, ethnic, or religious group. In fact, you have yet to show even Model's minimum requirement for a genocide, which is THE INTENT TO DESTROY A RELIGIOUS, ETHNIC or NATIONAL GROUP TO THE POINT OF SUBSTANTIALLY PUTTING IT'S EXISTENCE IN SEVERE DANGER OF TOTAL ELIMINATION.

Killing some people from one ethnic, religious or national group is not genocide. If it were, then every single war in the history of man kind would be a genocide. Because every single war features one side attempting to kill a religious, ethnic or national group.