An admiration for genocide

Discussion in 'History' started by S.A.M., Aug 2, 2008.

1. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

That doesn't mean that the entire resistance or even the major part of the resistance hides among civilians when engaging in firefights.

Whoever made the accusation, it is upon them to justify their claims.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lepustimidus Banned Banned

A proportion of the resistance does indeed hide behind civilians, both in Iraq and Afghanistan. I've repeatedly asked S.A.M why it's wrong for Americans to kill Afghani civilians, while it's OK for resistance fighters to kill Afghani civilians, and haven't received a response.

But hey, what can I expect? It's S.A.M.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Please provide documented proof.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Haha. What, do you want a signed affadavit from the leader of the resistance, admitting that they hide behind their own civilians?

But hey, let's go no further than the United Nations:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6290450.stm
    And what does the Human Rights Watch have to say on the matter?

http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2007/04/16/afghan15688.htm

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But this is a recurring action, day after day, week after week, year after year, so it is not a small group action it is a fully developed tactic, and it is mainly aimed at civilian.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

"Purported videos of torture sessions in Egyptian detention centers, posted on the Internet by a human rights activist, have led to the arrest of two police officers and raised new questions about interrogation practices in a country that already has a bad track record for human rights abuses.

The videos posted by an Egyptian blogger, Wael Abbas, purport to show a bus driver being sodomized with a rod, a female murder suspect hung upside down and a policeman repeatedly slapping a suspect."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/01/egypt_torture_s.html

"Suicide attacks began in Lebanon in 1983 (some say 1981, when a sole suicide attack hit the Iraqi embassy in Beirut), at the instigation of Hizbollah, a Lebanese Shiite terror organization."

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/shows/suicide/

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Al Jazeera insisted the tapes found with Huwaida Metwalli contained re-enactment scenes, which they said were a legitimate production technique for the documentary. Human rights and journalist organizations issued statements condemning the government's charges against the journalist.

11. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I must say...if the US is committing genocide in Iraq, were doing a pretty piss poor job of it. One thing were good at is making things that kill shit. How many years have we been there? If we were trying to systematically kill the whole damn lot, it would already be known as "the country formerly known as Iraq".

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You think so? How many people have died so far?

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

From Moslem actions, about 150,000.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why have they died?

15. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Not all of them. Which would be how many dead if we were really committing genocide...come on SAM...this is the US were talking about..we're really good at killing people...only a million in 6-7 years?...we're slackin' if the goal is to kill everyone.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You don't know how many died. And are still dying.

17. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

No...but I do know there are still Iraqs and Muslims still alive in the country. If we were trying to kill them all...they'd all be long dead. It's much easier to kill in mass.

Soldiers march into a village, round EVERYONE up...march them out into the desert..make them dig their own grave, then hose them down with a machine gun. Easy! Then move on the next village...until the whole fucking country is dead is about 6 months. Why go to the bother of fighting house to house? Drop a daisy cutter on the whole village.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Did it work anywhere where there was genocide? Or are you claiming that the existence of people in places where genocide has officially occurred is proof that there was no genocide? How many people would constitute genocide for you?

19. John99 Banned Banned

The question should be - why start wars? We have world war 2 as the model of why not to start wars.

20. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I'm saying if the goal of the US was genocide, the death toll would be in the 10's maybe even 100's of millions. Whole villages laid to waste...like in Rwanda. We would level cities indiscriminately.

This an unjust war where innocent civilians have died....it's a far cry from outright genocide.

I know you hate us..but please get the terminology right.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What makes you think they haven't? Do you know what is happening there?

What happened in Qaim?

22. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Well...Sam...you just go on thinking it's genocide...and I'm sure it will make you hate us even more. I give up...I'd have better luck herding cats.

I'm just curious...in all your debates, have you ever conceded one point?

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Several times. Have you missed it? I just conceded one a couple days ago and today I found out I was right.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!