amish and drugs

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by riku_124, Mar 4, 2008.

1. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

I used this title in hope of grabing people, but in reality i mean that i have a drug problem, and i have been thinking of ways of getting to the point of making the fact that if i have :m: then i smoke it, and i was trying to find ways to be able to live msoking :m: w/o the problem, if youve smoked pot, you know what im saying is possible, even if some of you anti- drug members dont understand it, just bear with it for the sake of this argument, please!

i was thinking about amish people and the simple way of life thye live with nature, and i was thinknig how maby trying to live in a amish cummunity for 2 months to say 1 year ( anywhere in between these 2 points) to get toughts together and get used to living with out the drug that, while being wonderful, is ruining my life ( i wont admit this to my paretns, nor most of my firneds, but i felt like i needed to talk to someone(s) abut it, so what do you guys think about the half thought out amish paradise plan that ive made up?

Please reply, honestly, i need to understand a lot of different belifs through many different sides to help me with this disicion, and i know talking to sci forums in the past has helped me with problems

sorry guys this is longer then i had anticipated

Riku_124

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

If you want to get off drugs talk to your GP, they are really good at pointing people in the right direction for help especially in the mental health field

Also you could try a psycologist who also does hypnosis

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You aren't solving the problem by leaving and going to live elsewhere. True, you won't be able to find any pot, I don't think, but the problem isn't going to go away unless you figure out what it is that makes you want to keep smoking pot. Eventually you will return to where you live and find the same people that you now know and get your drugs from. They aren't going anywhere. The good way to stop using pot is to just stop seeing anyone that you know that smokes pot or is selling it to you. By avoiding them you can't buy it or get it for free. That's the only way that you'll be able to really quit, just stop seeing those around you that smoke. Good luck.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

I dont want to STOP smoking pot
    i want to get out of the habit of doing it all the time whenever i have it ( all the time) and see if after i havent smoked it in a while, a long while ( 2 months is a long time to be sober, at least for the person whom is working towards the sobriety(me))and after im not used to smoking it all the time buy some, wait a couple days while having it, maby smoke a joint, wait a couple days, have one, i was thinknig not having it for a while would help me get used to not smoking it all the time ( since you couldnt find it in a amish sociaty) so that i could live my life.
    between me and you guys( the wrold lol) its starting to feel like a job smoking it al lthe time, but i cant stop ( unless i dont have it)

I know for a fact 100% that if im out of money and out of pot, not having it doesent bother me in the slightest (which made me think my idea COULD work)

asguard>>> GP? does that stand for grandparents? if it does NOT i dont understand what you mean if it does, nvm

cosmic traveler>> all my firneds like me becasue im a good firned to them and listen to them and wont make fun of them ( unless they REALLY deserve it) so they like talking to me about their problems, i wouldnt be a good friend if i left them high and dry forever would I? ( they turn to me for their problems, but i dont like turning towards them for mine, a choice couple of others i o turn to, and the internet ( not being face to face, makes it seem so much less, important to talk to someone you know?) Ive also been learning to keep my own council sometimes

hey this was a bit long to sorry guys
    Riku_124

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

GP is general practisioner

Ie your doctor who you go to for a mild bug to get sick leave and the doc you go to to get a referal to a specilist for more server cases

9. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

ah i see, my mother is making me go to a counsler, well, shes TRYING to make me, I havent left the house in 6 weeks becasue i refuse becasue i SWERE!!!! i have nothing wrong with me psycologically or otherwise, im just abusing drugs a little( a lot?) to much, but thanks for the advice asguard i will keep the GP idea in mind if all else fails

do I have a problem and im in denial, do you think id know if i had a problem, I genunly think that i dont have a problem, i think i just smoke to much pot and need to lessen the amount<<< is that a problem? or is that a sulution to a problem? or neither? honestly guys what do you think?

oh and to you both, im sure you dont get this to often on sci forums ( if sci is the way it was when i left so long ago anyway....)
    thank you both for your advice!
    riku_124

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ok if you want to know if you have a problem ask yourself is it

A) effecting my life
    B) effecting my relationships
    C) effecting my getting where i want to go and what i want to do
    D) do i want to do this?

If the answer is yes to any of the first three or no to the last one then yes you have a problem and could do with some help. As i said GP's are a great one shop stop for issues relating to mental health and drug adiction. The goverment health websites generally have some infomation or numbers to call to get help with adiction as well and lifeline are also a great service in dealing with mental health and adiction

Im not going to tell you you have a problem or dont, thats not my responcability. Its up to YOU to make that determination and seek help

11. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

asguard,
    A) effecting my life more then i am want it to ( anything you ever do effects your life in different ways, the amount i do it makes it effect my life to much
    B) I dont think it is but im always open to the fact i could be wrong
    C) im 16 i dont know what or where yet.......
    D) i love smoking pot its one of my favorite activities to do but again, its effecting my life too much

I know these were rhetorical, but you offered your insights, i though you deserved an answer to the questions you asked