Americans

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by kornrulz, Feb 24, 2005.

1. kornrulz Satan is a Nerd Registered Senior Member

How is it that us Americans can make a bomb out of anything?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Care to elaborate?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

We have tapped into the arcane powers of Martha Stewart. Now we can make a doomsday device out of a crate of tissue paper and a dead cat.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tezcatlipoca's Hat Used Registrar Registered Senior Member

Shoddy, tissue-paper-thin plotting and third-rate dialogue? No, wait, that's how Hollywood makes a bomb.

I wasn't aware that we Americans could, in fact, make a bomb out of anything. I'm sure there's a MacGuyver-ish segment of the population that can do so, but having been all over about our fair country, I'd say that the average American's bomb-making abilities are limited to Malotov cocktails (intentional) and gas grills (accidental).

Of course, then I go and read a story like this:

1995 -- Three weeks after the Oklahoma City bombing, police in Halifax, Mass., charged Robert Brinson, 28, with assembling a so-called fertilizer bomb to blow up his ex-girlfriend and her family. However, police said Brinson's bomb could not have exploded since Brinson had mistakenly used potting soil instead of fertilizer.

I think the question isn't whether we can make a bomb out of anything, but whether or not our hastily-improvised bombs will, in fact, work. :bugeye:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  8. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Talk to the muslims, they can turn anyone into a bomb.

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Good comeback.

10. Joey Profit Registered Member

How about changing muslims to terrorists? Then that wouldn't seem like an ignorant statement.

11. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

How about farting in sewage? Same difference.

12. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Get a medium size nuclear weapon (easy to acquire if you have enough money and the right connections) and put it into the caldera of a large rhyolitic volcano. Detonate the bomb; you end up opening the magma chamber of the volcano, and creating an enormous secondary explosion. Why blow up a city when you can obliterate a country? Thinking big is good for you, get some today.

13. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Hell, why dont we just evacuate the international spacestation, round up a load of old junk satelites with it and crashthe whole lot down on North korea? That might make a nice big crater, and the ISS isnt good for much else..

14. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

How about Muslims already being terrorists long before anyone started a war? Then that wouldn't seem like an ignorant statement.

"Hello, I'm Joey Profit and I have no idea how to be tolerant of others unless they agree with me. Also, I like horse cock."
    --Joey Profit, 2/9/05

15. kornrulz Satan is a Nerd Registered Senior Member

man there have been 2 or 3 kids (maybe more) to make as bomb out of a gameboy

16. vslayer Registered Senior Member

gameboys dont make bombs, a tv and some peanut butter on the other hand

17. Richard Head Banned Banned

thats a good point! I think he ment almost anything, although they could make a tv which blew up when you turn it on, or peanut butter that blows up when spreading!

18. Blandnuts Registered Senior Member

Mmmm, peanut butter.

19. vslayer Registered Senior Member

how dare you accuse me of being american, the very reason i study explosives and weapons is so that i can fight them

20. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

I thought peanut butter could only "blow you up" if you eat enough of it to put on lots weight..

damn well hope your not a US citizen, mister red star raver!!

21. Richard Head Banned Banned

yo yo yo mis jenny you no noting bout da peanut yo

22. Lord_Phoenix New World Order Registered Senior Member

Well as one of the few Canadians that dont hate America, I have to ask, is US really that violent, other than the gun problems? Well Canada the most violence we experience is like 1 or 2 getting killed a day.

23. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

I live in America, I don't see it as violent at all (well, maybe a little, but insanity isn't limited to the US). I think it's fine, I rarely kill more than one or two people a day anyway. So maybe we are similar to Canada in that respect.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005