Americans here is how To Avoid the Draft

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Brian Foley, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

If you get called up at some future date here is one way you can get out of it .

That is of course only if your goverment oby's the 13th amendment's prohibition on involuntary servitude.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

If there is a draft, I think everyone owes it to to their country to do your part. If you are against killing on moral grounds, there are noncombatant roles for you to play. If you refuse even that, I suggest jail. Try and flee to canada or elsewhere and I suggest having you shot the moment you ever come back on american soil.

If I am asked, I will go... though I doubt they will ask an old fart like me. They may ask kids or grandkids one day.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

Agreed.

And I turned 18 a couple months ago, so I'm sure they'll take a young whippersnapper on the spot.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. OpteronGuy I just killed you Registered Senior Member

So if the draft is re-instated, even though Bush said that he wouldn't have one, you would still follow him and in that case, follow a liar? Interesting.

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

So. In your eyes there is only one way out and that is in moral objection to the act of killing? You can't object on the political grounds? Ethical grounds? Moral grounds? You have no recourse if you don't believe in fighting a war that doesn't promote your belief system? You just have to 'do your part' like a good slave?

Even noncombatant roles would still help a war effort that many do not believe in. The do not believe in the war strongly. I suppose that in this instance you'll reply, "Well, if they disbelieve in it strongly enough then they'll gladly go to jail to protest it." Right? What a crock of shit that is. Also. Your other advice, "Flee to Canada." That's out. The new treaties mean that they can pull draft dodgers back from Canada. Unless Canada stands up for themselves. But we all know that's not going to happen.

Anyway. This whole topic is inane as there is no draft. And there will be no draft. There'd fucking better be no draft anyway. The funny thing is that it's the democrats and liberals who were actually trying to start up draft talks a while back. Why? So that the public would go into an outrage about it. No. There's not going to be a draft. And if there is, that's the sign of the end for the hawks. They'll have to do it with a volunteer army or no army.

9. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

Well Brian, they managed to have a draft during Vietnam, I'm sure if they wanted to have one again, this wouldn't save you.

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

OpteronGuy: Who says that would make him a liar? Its not lying if the conditions change right under his feet. He isn't psychic and so has to adapt his policy to the times. What is true one year may not be true the next.

Invert: When someone lives in a country, they owe certain things to that country. That includes taxes and the remote possibility of a draft. Its the price of doing business and you damn well better fight or support the country is some other fashion. If you don't serve your country, why should your country serve you?

And I agree that there will be no draft in the forseeable future. That by no means excludes the possibility that there will ever be one... especially if the US ever meets a foe as advanced and powerful as we are.

11. OpteronGuy I just killed you Registered Senior Member

Bush publically stated that he was not going to bring back the draft under any cause, therefor if he brings it back he would be a liar.

12. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

what a crock of shit. if our country was under attack I might agree, but not when we are the aggressors.

do you know how much hundreds of billions of dollars could have helped our country instead of Iraq? the question that should be asked is: if my country does not serve me, should I serve my country?

13. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

": When someone lives in a country, they owe certain things to that country. That includes taxes and the remote possibility of a draft. Its the price of doing business and you damn well better fight or support the country is some other fashion. If you don't serve your country, why should your country serve you?"

Fine in principle, if the Russkies or (God forbid) the Yanks come running down my street then I'll be first in line but....

How do you know if your fighting for your country or fighting on behalf of the pols who run it?
    Blind obedience is generally a bad idea IMHO

Never forget - Conscripts make shit soldiers.
    Dee Cee

14. OpteronGuy I just killed you Registered Senior Member

I agree 100% with this, however most Americans have seen to forget it.

15. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Draft Shmaft. I doubt there will be one in my lifetime. I mean, do we really need one?

16. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Watch them laugh as you read it out loud in court. They KNOW what the 13th amendment is. Technically, you're not required to pay taxes either

And why is the only refuge Canada? One could go to Mexico, Europe, South America...France would take draft dodgers in with open arms.

17. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Even if you are not directly killing people, the noncombat positions will still be indirectly aiding in the killing pf people. I think that there should not be a draft. About one half of americans are against the war and the other half are not intelligent enough to be against the war. Maybe they should engourage the draft during American Gladiators, it would be their target audience. Anyway, you would be laughed out of court if you tried to use the 13th Amendment. Technically, it's not even slavery to work if you are getting paid. The constitution also say that everyone has the right to bear arms. Does that mean that I have the right to have a missile in my basement? There are exceptions to every damn American rule. I would freely accept any American who wants to flee the draft and has an I.Q. over 120. The stupid people would flee because they are too lazy to go into combat.

You don't owe anything to your country when it comes to war. The Bush administration is a right wing extremist dictatorship that has put their country trillions of dollars into debt just to help a few wealthy people in the nation. As a famous comedian once said "I'm only an American because my parents fucked here. Why whould I be patriotic?".

Clockwood, someone can't change a promise and not call it a lie. Bush lieas to YOU, the american public all the time and YOU keep finding excuses for why it's okay that he's screwing YOU over. I could never figure out your psychology. You are weak willed and weak minded. The propaganda has gotten to you. Shame on you.

18. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

And someone else's propaganda has gotten to you. Your perceptions, like anyone's, are tinted and can not be taken as absolute fact. You spit out a different brand of the same dogma that you so denounce.

And perhaps you feel no connection or loyalty to the country to which you were born. Fine. Again, why should it take care of you? Why shouldn't it exploit you for all you are worth if you offer it nothing. You are a citizen of convenience, there only to sap off as much as you can without giving anything back.

Is there no possibility that I actually believe what I say for its own merits and my own reasons? Are you so sure of yourself that any who disagree with you must have been brainwashed?

19. Raven Registered Senior Member

If there were to be a draft, I seriously doubt reading that little amendment is going to save you. If a country won't uphold their own constitution why would they care about your amendment? I don't think that anyone should have to fight or participate in any manner to aid in an action they don't believe is correct. Forcing people to fight won't bring about a quick victory, if any. Volunteer forces are much better soldiers because, though I've no idea why, they want to be there to "defend" thier country. Draftees are just doing what they are told because some suit says "If you don't do this, you're going to jail for not being patriotic enough." Personally I'd rather leave than fight for something I don't believe in. I've got a better chance of finding a job in Europe anyway. There is not a piece of land in this world that hasn't been claimed by one group of people or another. I am a citizen of the planet Earth and have no alliegence to any country, though I do like some better than others(particularly the fatherland) but I wouldn't physically fight for any of them. If someone came directly on my property and behaved aggressively in an attempt too do harm, I'd handle the situation but I'll never fight on a national scale.
    I am upright and true to myself and others.
    I am kind and thoughtful in sharing.
    I am strong in spirit showing courage and wisdom in action.
    I strive for excellence seeking to be the best that I can be. (no pun intended to the army)
    I maintain a calm spirit and do not strike out of anger or fear.
    I assist my family, my friends and the world in becoming more peaceful and loving.
    I create goodness and live in peace and joy.
    That is the code by which I live and it is more important to me than the idiot president, the USA and the draft or any other pointless excursion in legislation this country can come up with.

20. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

Thought you knew...all previous interpretations of the Constitution are thrown out in times of war.

21. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

I know it was only a thought ..........

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I would defend my country if I had to. In this case, it would seem to mean fighting the Bush administration.

23. top mosker Ariloulaleelay Registered Senior Member

I'm with the goat here, I would absolutely fight for this country to defend the constitution. If there were a draft now, I would be fighting against the constitution. Therefore, no imperialist adventures for me.