AmeriCanadia? One Country in North America?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by ayla_z, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Flunch Registered Senior Member

He's YOUR citizen Clockwood - he IS on your side (of the border at least)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ayla_z It's always here, always now.. Registered Senior Member

HEY!!!
    Holy Whaa!!!
    I'm in the Soo, where are you?
    I didn't think there was anyone up here who didn't
    like Bush..?
    Ayla

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

Canada joined first because of Britian.

But anyways, I'm Canadian. I know no one who would want to join with America, and I wouldn't want to either. Whats the benifit? At least, what benifit is there that we need?
    There's lots of cons to the idea, a lot of which have already been mentioned. The two countries are different. Just becuase they have similarities doesn't meen they should join together. Then you might as well join half of Africa together.

I live in an area where there are three large cities, all pretty much connected. In some spots, you cross a street, and your in a diffrent city. But when the idea of joining the cities comes up, eveyones up in arms about it. If its that difficult to join three cities that are pretty much the same, how are two countires supposed to.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Join half of Africa together, hmmm....
    Actually not too bad an idea.

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Given the liberal bent of most Canadians, I'd hate to see them join the US as they would push things to the left. Bush barely won as it is, imagine if we admited a bunch of liberal states. The Democrats would be livin large again instead of being the impotent jokes they are now. Keep Canadians in Canada.

9. firecross Scientist Registered Senior Member

If you want diversity, we should split the U.S. and Canada into many provinces and states run by very different rules and people instead of binding many dissimilar people together.

These separate entities could then demonstate which ideas, methods, and people produce the best results, where "best" is relative to the values of that population.