America will be first nation to use Nuclear warheads.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So nobody really thinks our conventional arsenal is sufficient then?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Whose arsenal? And sufficient for what?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Actually, at the same time we discovered "second generation" nuclear weapons we found one that could destroy all life on earth.

Pure fusion thermonuclear weapons (neutron) were considered too clean making their possibility to be used in battle more likely.
    M.A.D. mutual assured destruction protocol led to the development of intentional "dirty" weapons that would leave harmful fallout making them undesirable to use until a last resort.
    Fission-fusion-fission H-bombs include an additional uranium outer jacket designed for that purpose.
    With this insanity accepted as rational thinking, they carried the thought on to it's ultimate conclusion.
    In 1950 a doomsday weapon "the C-bomb" was designed with a Cobalt tamper that would "salt" in entire earth with a deadly Cobalt 60 isotope.
    In 1957 a miniature C-bomb was tested in Australia. We decided to stockpile H-bombs instead.

No one on earth would survive a C-bomb war.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Not even supported by your own link:
    Also not quite true:
    A radiochemical tracer is not a salted weapon.

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Nwfaq/Nfaq1.html#nfaq1.6

8. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I don't think America is loved throughout the world. We should adjust our foreign aid and memberships in NATO and the UN accordingly.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

I agree with everything you said there about the cowardice of modern war.

I have hated what I have dubbed "chickenshit warfare" for many years. Out-hiding your enemy. Shooting him in the back, while he's sleeping. Hiding thousands of feet up, bombing his children while he's away.

Technology has made us into dicks.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Long time no see!

Agreed to some extent. But rather than moral cowardice it is a form of moral imbecility as though using more advanced technology to kill civilians and non-combatants was somehow both justified and superior. You can see that reflected in the disdain that these state sponsored button pushing volunteer killers have for those who defend themselves using lesser technology but the exact same method.

11. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

Oh for the halcyon days of feudalism!

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yes; it is morally better to kill your ethnic/religious/racial enemies in screaming riots and bloody, vicious pogroms where numerical and rhetorical disparity favours your own group. Everyone knows that.

13. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Of course America will be the first to use nukes, we already did. He is right. Why argue it any further.

14. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Speaking in terms of whats logged and publicly known about I would say nato has one helluva impressive resume.

However according to an interesting website www.globalfirepower.com

Russia and china have a supreme force combined... Let alone if they fought seperately. Dont forget about all the anti western and probably anti western countries out there. We fucked ourselves over playing the fiddle with pakistan and giving them the most impressive muslim army in almost 600 years.

The west really only can nuke, nuke and pray.. But maybe we will get lucky.

15. superstring01 Moderator

Indeed.

Like people were so honorable "back then"!

Innocents were never slaughtered, women raped, cities pillaged and burned! Nope.

~String