America vs iran in a war

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ashpwner, Jul 30, 2007.

1. draqon Banned Banned

many.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Just goes to show you people don't tolerate bullshit in today's world.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. countezero Registered Senior Member

You're living in a dream world if you think Iran is capable of producing a "stealth" airplane. The Soviets never even managed that, nor has any other country or empire. And again, Iran is a country that can't even get most of its own natural gas and oil out of the ground. It's a country that turns to European contractors for most of its large construction projects. It can't create nuclear power, something the west did more than half a century ago...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

Su-47

8. countezero Registered Senior Member

Never entered production. This from wikipedia: "Although the Berkut has been referred to as the Su-47 since 2002, suggesting that it is a ready-for-production warplane, the sole aircraft produced is an advanced technology demonstrator prototype and manufacture of a planned second flying prototype was cancelled."

I don't think it was "stealth," either...

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

You're living in a dreamworld if you think the West wasn't created from the East.

10. countezero Registered Senior Member

I never said it wasn't. And frankly, even if it's true, I fail to see how it advances your silly arguments one iota. Next time, try dealing specifically with the material contained in the arguments I take the time to post.

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I may be repeating something someone has already said.
    The US won't have another war with US troops being brought home in body bags.

The military have some stuff which is not nuclear but which would be absolutely devastating, and nuclear is not a completely closed option. In a full blown war we might see a different and terrible armoury in operation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-43_Massive_Ordnance_Air_Blast_bomb

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Not true - developing means working on it - it may prove technically unfeasible, over costly or not politically expedient to actually put into service, or one of a thousand other reasons..
    Aircraft (or any other military projects) that have been in "development" outnumber ones that went into service by 5 or 10 to 1.

It doesn't announce, but YOU personally know?
    Ha ha.
    It doesn't need to announce - industry and intelligence analysts will find out.

Actually it is highly unlikely that they have (or will have in the next 10 years) a stealth air-air fighter.

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Why is that? If Israel has them, it is highly likely Iran's superior military has a stealth aircraft. Actually, never mind, ISRAEL does not have stealth fighters, AMERICA does, and therefore ships them. Israel is incapable of producing a stealth aircraft

Iran has a good industry. Its a rich country with good education. Personally, they should stop Nuclear bomb development and rather focus on Stealth, which will be far more useful. Although Iran would blow Israel back to hell in a Nuclear war, America will then retaliate and so it will still lose in the end.

14. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Developing nuclear weapons in this case isn't about using them. It's basically a case of making other countries think twice. The US has chosen Iran as its next "bad guy", but if Iran had a nuke there's no way the US would even think about an invasion.

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Iran would not have the capability to use a nuke, regardless. I am pretty sure they have a few ICBMs, but i just dont think they could fire at a nation half a world away

Good to see G.F. as a Brit that is decent minded!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, and not some USA worshipper.

16. countezero Registered Senior Member

Why all of this talk about Israel? What's it ever done to Iran?

17. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Nothing. not directly at least.................

18. countezero Registered Senior Member

And isn't Iran the country giving weapons to terrorist groups in Palestine and Lebanon to attack Israel?

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, Iran is giving weapons to Hesbollah.

And isn't Israel the country attacking the poor of the Gaza and West Bank?

20. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Well Israel is clearly part of the discussion with regards to Iran, to say they have nothing to do with things is plain ridiculous. In fact, the potential threat Iran poses to Israel is one of the reasons the US currenlty has a hostile relationship with Iran.

21. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

22. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Israel, believes Iran is giving arms, However, Iran was not invovled in the major Arab Israeli Wars so it doesn't have a track record of invading Israel.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They trained the Savak, alongwith the CIA.