America vs iran in a war

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ashpwner, Jul 30, 2007.

1. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Al-Khwarizmi may have developed algebra somewhat, but algebra has been around for a LOT longer than that; and Al-Khwarizimi isn't even the only one who has had a major development in Algebra either. *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algebra
    Read the History part of it.

Just so Wiki isn't my only source:
    http://www.katev.org/maths/pedia/alg0.htm

http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~sxw8045/history.htm
    * Read up on the European Algebra after 1500 and the Abstract Algebra

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. oreodont I am God Registered Senior Member

The isue with pointing out the past science advancements in non-western cultures is the 'and then what' variable. Ok, China, you invented printing and that led to ...? Moon rockets? Nuclear science? It's similar with all these 'breakthroughs' of Arab culture. What the 'f...' did they ever accomplish with them...the Internet? Flush toilets?...antibiotics? No, probably something like calculated the diameter of the Earth to within 10 miles and then did nothing for 600 years.:bugeye:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

They were probably too busy converting everyone to Islam.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

We all see how well that's worked out for them so far.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:roflmao:

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats probably what the Persians thought about the "barbarians" from the north, and not so very long ago either.

9. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Ummmmm....pretty well? There are several billion of them worldwide....they even managed to convert one of the world's largest empires.

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Mikenostic: IF? There is no IF about it, America WILL fall, no empire lasts for ever. Hell, if they did, we'd be ruling over your red asses today. Only time will tell

And whoever said ''no they don't'' about Iran having stealth aircraft, you're 100% wrong. Iran is currently developing 6 new helicopters, as well as two new types of fighter planes. They already have stealth planes, maybe not as sophisticated as the USA's but still they got it.

The rise of China or Russia as a superpower would still have major beneficial effects to any of their allies. Look at when the Soviets were in charge, their allies were enjoying the steady stream of funding and training. The rise of Russia or China would mean a better market for weapons for the Iranians.

And IF Iran develops nukes, I guarantee you they'd obliterate Israel before Israel even realised what hit 'em. You speak as if Israel would be ABLE to retaliate. I'm pretty sure the Iranians are smart enough to only launch such an attack if they know they can win. Israel is not invincible by the way, 1973 is proof of that. They thought they could have another swift victory, and they got bitch-slapped in the face, with the UN and the US support (that came in time, by the way) saving their asses.

11. Kadark Banned Banned

Contributed "somewhat"? Well, wikipedia says "significantly". Yes, the concept of algebra existed before Islam did, but its advancement and expansion did not occur until the Muslim Golden Age, along with many other fields of science and mathematics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_science

A number of modern scholars, notably Robert Briffault, Oliver Joseph Lodge, Will Durant, Fielding H. Garrison, Alexander von Humboldt, Muhammad Iqbal, and Abdus Salam, consider modern science to have begun in the Islamic civilization, in particular, due to the beginning of the modern scientific method among Muslim scientists.

Notice by the names, many of these scholars are non-Muslim.

12. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

The First World, through its own suicidal tendencies, has long lost the war to brown people. It's time to wave the white flag and prepare to dismantle what little is left of Western civilisation.

13. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

lol norsfire you think iran will be next superpower lol.... its either india e.u or china i think but not iran

14. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Wasn't it you that said you believe Iran could defeat the USA in a war???

And yes, Asia as a whole will be the next center of the world. It was in the past (primarily the ME and China) and it will be again.

15. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

i dout it and i do belive iran would beat the u.s but i may be wrong but i have been reading that they spend the mos ton troops in the world... but you thinking that asaia will be next superpower is kinda silly i mean for all you know asia and europe called fall into a war making and america gets involved thus making austrlia world superpower could happen man !

16. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

YAY, Australia for next superpower, WE WILL RULE THE WORLD.....

17. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Hardly.

Developing is nowhere near the same "having".

F-4D/E / RF-4E PHANTOM
    F-5E/F TIGER II
    F-14 TOMCAT
    F-6 (China J-6)
    F-7 (China J-7)
    MiG-29A/UB
    Su-22 FITTER
    Su-25K
    Su-24MK
    Mirage F-1
    MiG-23 FLOGGER
    Azarakhsh
    Shafaq

Which of those is "stealth"?
    Bearing in mind that Azarakhsh is a warmed-over F-5 and Shafaq is MEANT to be semi-stealthy but not due for roll-out until 2008. (And it's a trainer/ light attack - hardly requires to be stealth, but that's what you get for using ex-Russian designs).

18. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

o.k guys lets alter this slightly lets to say if iran had 5 yeard preparing up to the war with the u.s and it was fought on neutral ground what about now.

19. countezero Registered Senior Member

Ever heard of Salamis, circa 480 BC? That was a long, long time ago...

20. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Um, Muslims make up ~20% of the world's population. That means the remaining 80% are not Muslims. They still got a long way to go, chief.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm

Norse,
    Care to cite some sources to back up your talk, for Iran's 'stealth' aircraft program?

21. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

Um, the USA is the world's first Hyperpower. Almost all attacks have to come from overseas ( I doubt Mexicans will try to attack. They'd be too busy stealing American jobs). They have 770 bases on all contients but Antarctica. They are allies with their neighbors. They have the largest and most advanced air force and navy. Most advanced and well trained ground forces( Metal Storm anyone?). Largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world. And any embargos they place can stop a war before it even begins.

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Developing, means making, which means will soon have

None of those. Do you think Iran would announce what it has? I doubt it, but it is unlikely that it does not have any stealth aircraft if it wishes to go head to head against Israel. They are already formidabble, but unless they gain air superiority, they're toast.

23. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

dident the persians get owned by the greeks and the greeks were beat by italians adn u.s with evry one else beat them so there stronger