America getting ready for Iranian strike?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Undecided, Jan 16, 2005.

1. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

I don't recall discussing the contract before for this topic. Everything I see on Google says it's an illegal breach of the contract. Show me the fine print if you can.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

Statistically we've lost less then 2 percent of our total forces... prehaps less then 1 percent... so this statement doesn't make much sense.

My family has participated in every war this country has ever fought in from the revolution to the second Iraq war. In all those wars, my family only took losses in Vietnam. I lost an uncle who was flying recon for the CIA.

We've been very lucky in respect to our losses.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

I bet relatives of the dead dont think that way. When the death toll rises which it will beleive me.. your there for atleast another 3 years.
    Once it rises there will be much less support to any military action bush decides to take.

And again .. you probably never knew your uncle who was in vietnam, If it was a close relative your opinion would be totally different.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Heh, that Bush picture is right on the money. Nukes only make it harder for us to invade Iran, lol.

- N

8. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

More people died last year in California from Drunk Driving.

If you want to talk about War deaths start with one of the current African Conflicts.

9. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

How dare you say that my opinions are so fluid?

I would happily risk my life in this shit.

10. Undecided Banned Banned

I would happily risk my life in this shit.

I think I speak for most when I say...PLEASE DO!

11. Raven Registered Senior Member

If everytime we learned that someone died and we felt the way we would if someone we cared for deeply had died, would the world be less bloody? Just a thought.

12. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

Read the second page of the enlistment contract here: http://www.dior.whs.mil/forms/DD0004.pdf

13. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Must be the fine print that no one reads. I've probably consented to join the military by clicking the "Yes I Agree" box for the EULAs of software I've installed.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  14. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

Im not asking if you would risk your life LEARN TO READ DAMNIT.
    Im saying if your father got shot in the frigin head standing at an outpost in iraq.. would you feel sad? and sad enough to hate the cause of the war.

As for your opinions.. I think everyone agrees their as fluid as dried cement on mount everest... you cant even try to look from someone elses point of view.

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

One only needs to look to any poor region in the world for that answer, whether it's the Middle East, a U.S. ghetto, Africa, or wherever. The answer is more bloody. The answer is different for rich areas because the rich tend to not care as much when it comes to losing a loved one due to their selfish quest of gaining riches rather than more simple objectives that the poor have in mind and the stronger bond they have with their family and other loved ones.

- N

16. el-half Registered Senior Member

The truth is, while we may regard the Middle-East as one 'shithole', as it is called in this thread before, they regard the US as a gaint treat.
    If I was Iran, and the US would attack me, I wouldn't hesitate to drop a nuke on them.
    The US has no right in deciding what those countries should do or not do.
    The same goes for Northern-Korea, isn't it obvious that they build nukes? I would do so.

17. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

I don't think so... But then you won't accept that answer, so why ask me?

18. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

Just cant beleive people like yourslef excist.

19. surenderer Registered Senior Member

He obviously doesnt have any children that he would have to watch go off to War knowing that the reason they were going was "trumped" up by a President that wouldnt even go off to fight in War himself when given the chance himself....He exibits typical American arrogance

20. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

People like me must exist... We have to.

21. Undecided Banned Banned

We need target practice.

22. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yup, that's the part about the whole Axis of Evil speech that scared me. We basically flat out declared war with them with that speech so now we're targets more than ever. By declaring them the Axis of Evil, this'll only strengthen their pursuit towards nuclear weaponry.

These aren't people that think like us so one can't expect them to act rationally and back-down with their research due to our threats. These are people that have strong beliefs and won't back down. Threaten them and they'll basically say "fuck you". So by trying to "persuade" them with that whole little speech, it failed ungodly miserably.

And yes, I too, if I were them, would not hestitate to nuke us given the chance. They’re the ones who should be using a “pre-emptive strike” against us. We used that excuse against Iraq without them threatening us but here we are actually threatening countries, so they actually DO have a legitimate excuse whereas we didn’t.

Let’s just wait and see what the mighty Persians and other Axis of Evil countries decide to do. If it were up to me, I’d wait until war is declared with Iran and when the most soldiers are deployed in the Middle East while setting up in Iraq, have an all out emergency Arabian Middle-East Alliance and attack them from all sides, deploying nukes if necessary. It’d be interesting to see how we respond in turn due to our precious oil being over there. Would we, too, respond with nukes? And no, this isn’t me saying I want our soldiers to die, but something has to happen to humble ourselves if we aren’t going to do so willingly. Just as we resort to forceful threats, the same needs to apply to our own egostical selves.

- N

23. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

Mod delete:

Karma, read the forum rules on plagerisam and long blocks of quoted text

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2005