America as an "honest broker" for Palestine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Feb 17, 2010.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think probably, in the whole wide world, Muslims are the only people who truly understand you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

You mean, the only people in the whole wide world who truly THINK they understand me.

You dont have the ability to understand us.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. otheadp Banned Banned

Ummm...
    Spock, I understand when you merely talk trash, and I understand when you say things out of frustration, but please refrain from saying truly retarded shit that people might take the wrong way. Unfortunately Israelis and their supporters have every one of their statements taken literally and/or in the worst possible interpretation. So when you post things like that you don't make a point, but you end up hurting Israel.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

I'm just the average Israeli....

8. otheadp Banned Banned

Yeah well, non-Israelis might not understand you. And that comment you left is really out of whack...

Don't forget that your audience is much bigger than SAM. You come off as a koo koo when you write things like that.

9. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

All Israelis are koo-koo. Part of the job.

10. otheadp Banned Banned

Look... I know you're not anywhere near far-right, so don't write things that even far-rightists wouldn't say, especially when it's not obvious that you don't mean it.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't think you're koo koo at all, this is all part and parcel of the "rambo" persona. Israelis like to strut around showing how aggressive they are. Its quite normal in a people with a history of being oppressed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Still insane of course, but I understand that being rude and arrogant is a defence mechanism.

12. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

Ho, I meant it. Every word.

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

How wrong you are.

14. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

S.A.M., I might have taken an interest in this thread, but you have shown me that you are as willfully ignorant as those people who once labelled me as an anti-semite because I said I wasn't willing to throw myself 100% behind the Israeli government until I had a better understanding of their agenda. Because I was reticent to throw myself behind one particular position, they just painted a swastika over my face and tuned me out. I see you doing much the same kind of shit to others, and it makes me want to strangle your neck.

You seem to uncritically think that every POV that is not the same as yours is the same POV. Man, fuck you.

15. otheadp Banned Banned

I sense this thread is being derailed... mods, please fix.

16. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

Nice of you to edit after my response.

Your cute, but wrong again.

17. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Methinks you have not seen the Rambo movies.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like Uncle Tom, Rambo or Ram bhau as we like to call him, has drifted far from his original character.

19. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

Let me understand this right, you think I was just bluffing?

20. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Which says exactly nothing about "strutting around" or "showing off." It is explicit that he is forced to fight, and this is central to all of the Rambo stories, and the title character: he starts out being drafted, then is assaulted by redneck cops, then must return to Vietnam to help other POWs, etc. He goes to great lengths to attempt to lead an anonymous, peaceful existence, but always ends up forced into violent situations by outside actors. His catchphrases center on the idea of being "pushed," specifically.

All of which might add up to something interesting as applied to Israel, if that's what you're interested in, but you'll have to get the basic story right if you want those analogies to have any force. If you want to invoke an action figure that struts around and shows off, then you should be invoking G.I. Joe, not Rambo.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

GI Joe doesn't qualify. There needs to be the "we will never forgive them for being forced to kill their chidlren to save our children" The righteous victim thingy. Its why Rambo is more appropriate/

22. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hardly.

That's amusing, since you've alluded to nothing but disgust for Judaism, and still consider yourself representative. Which other Muslims did you mean?