America as an "honest broker" for Palestine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Feb 17, 2010.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hate to tell you this but Palestine is neither Saudi Arabia nor the United States and for all we know, its American universities who are researching these "jihadi" textbooks and distributing them. After all KSA is bff to USA. Note that all anti-democratic regimes in the Middle East are bff to USA

But I already covered the evidence of hasbara on Palestinian textbooks [note that Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan are also not Palestine]

Meanwhile back on topic.

Israel has started a campaign of rebranding itself [You give me your war crimes investigation, I'll raise you a cherry tomato]

Who but the NYT shills to participate in this as "honest brokers" for Israel

From Ynet:
    And if this "Israeli cuisine" looks strangely like Palestinian cuisine, you can be forgiven your confusion.

Also don't forget, before Israel invented its national dish hummus, it invented the tomato [quick quiz - how many dead Palestinians does it take to invent one cherry tomato? Answer: who cares? ]:

From NYT earlier in the week

source: mondoweiss

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

I don't get it. you need to kill a Palestinian to invent a tomato? talk about rubbish.

And the humus is nothing new, its a Levant food. its even in the bible.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kororoti Registered Senior Member

I think this is very interesting. It's kind of reassuring to think that government officials might put more value on professionalism than ethnic identity.

However.... SAM is right. In diplomacy, appearance of impropriety matters about 100 times as much as the reality. You can't put ethnic Jews on a diplomatic committee and expect Muslims, or Arabs of any kind to take it seriously. Part of the reason is just because of the murky world of politics. The common people of those countries aren't going to spend a lot of time researching into the backgrounds of the negotiators before passing judgment on them, and the process. If you make things that easy to spin for a population that already doesn't really trust the USA, then you really can't complain when someone spins them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

No, but the memes are the same.

What would the United States have to do with this? The texts usually come from Saudi.

KSA is bff to money, and nothing else. Selfish, jaded, overly greedy.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I never understood why anyone has ever expected the US to be an honest broker for peace. we(the US government though not necessarily the people) have been slavishly pro Israel from before there was an Israel.

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hehe - how's that again?

10. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Before Isreal? Like, thousands of years ago?!

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

??? No like early 1940's. Israel as Israel is currently is only a modern idea.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So the US government has been slavishly pro-Israel since 3000 BC? Or since 1100 BC?

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

first of where the hell did you get that 3000BCE number from. their is no evidence of an "Israel" that far back. as for 1100BCE the evidence is spotty. but since their was no Israel for some 2500 years using such a metric to talk about a modern state is dishonest.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You changed your post, chief. Naughty naughty! I was curious to see if you would or not.

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

WTF are you smoking. no edits.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I'm curious, pj: you take up this "honesty" tack in your arguments, but you just back-edited a post. I saw it. Pinwheel probably did. So how does it make you feel, when you base your prejudiced assertions on "honesty", but resort to back-editing?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I mean, you kind of know what you did.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

IF I edited it why doesn't it say I did? I did change a post when I realized that I posted in a way regarding a different topic but I that was with in the normal posting of it

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

This is funny. I can imagine pj's sudden burst of alarm as he realized what an amazingly idiotic statement he'd made, and then the charge of hope as he also saw that I didn't quote him, and then the surge of adrenaline as he raced to edit it.

I just threw you a morality test, pj. How do you think you did?

I can hazard my own guess.

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Because you can change a post once without it being labeled an "edit". I just did it with "I can hazard a guess" above.

Ha! Slither away, little serpent. Too funny. So which "different topic" was this? And exactly what part of the United States are you from, with your brilliant English? And are you going to return your honesty merit badge now?

I'm really quite glad I logged in. Shall you now fess up the complete post?

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

please quit trolling and get back on topic.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, we were talking about "honest brokerage".

Oh man, that was too funny. "Eep! Geoff saw me!" Heh.

22. superstring01 Moderator

Mod Note: Agreed. Either discuss the topic or. . . well, you know.

23. kororoti Registered Senior Member

I'm pretty sure the Jews got kicked out of Isreal in 68 AD. So, from then till 1948, when the modern state of Isreal was officially established, would only be 1880 years, not 2500.

Still, a pretty long time to go making claims, lol.. .... :m: But, ya know... people need an identity. Their religion says it's their land, even if hundreds of generations of middle easterners have been living there. I guess the land was Great Britain's at the time, so they were free to do as they pleased.