Am I severly outdated?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Cactus Jack, May 1, 2002.

1. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Allright this is my philosophy, is it so wrong?: I believe you should open doors/pick up things/help them carry stuff when it comes to women. I also believe you should be interested in another person's girl. Finally I deffinetely think a guy should never hit a women.

Now am I severly outdated or completely wrong or something? Seriously its not because I believe women are inferer, its just that I believe in being a nice guy. Do you girls like this kind of personality?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

Your not outdated, your and my kind (yeah, man. I believe that stuff too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) kind of disapeared some time ago. Just keep that attitude, man. I'm sure that we'll find girls who like us someday.

Keep your fingers crossed,
    Leson42

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Same here. I had to fight women eventually in tournaments and I remember the first time I did it was difficult. I knew she was at least my equal so it wasn't like it was an unfair fight, I just couldn't bring myself to hit a woman. A girl actually bit me (yes, bit me) this year and I couldn't fight back. She's a good friend and all, but if a guy had done something like that (though....I hope no guy would bite me) I would have given him a good shot to the shoulder.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

Hmm... no input from the ladys so far. Hope that changes soon.

Last edited: May 1, 2002
  8. Xev Registered Senior Member

You called?

*Shrugs*

Me, personally, I would prefer a man who could be a sparring partner too. I more or less raised myself not to depend on others, being 'taken care of' confuses me.

Biting, Tyler? Depending on context (I'm assuming during a fight) that's low. What, were you fighting Michelle Tyson? Don't visit her hotel room afterwords.

Sorry. I suppose that was insensitive.

But, Cactus asked what most women want - hmm. I'd have to say that a fair amount of chicks dig that sort of thing. Good luck.

Now, what I want to know is - why do people pay so much attention to these little things? I've never really cared either way, just felt that sense of oddness. Does anybody really care who opens doors?

Never ever?

*Smacks Cactus and takes his wallet and car keys*

Last edited: May 1, 2002
  9. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Yes, girls like that kind of personality.

They also like to be appreciated, respected and treated well. There are exceptions. Some girls stay with people who abuse them. I dont think they necessarily like that, I think they suffer from low self-esteems. But girls like all that stuff you said. Oh! And we really like it when your good in bed too.

10. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Biting, Tyler? Depending on context (I'm assuming during a fight) that's low. What, were you fighting Michelle Tyson? Don't visit her hotel room afterwords."

Nope. I was talking with a friend of mine and I think she wanted to jump in the conversation but couldn't find a way to and eventually just leaned over and bit my arm. Although, it really wasn't a 'bite'. She kind of pressed her lips really hard with her teeth there but not really biting.

I'm pretty sure it was just a flirt or something, but I was quite shocked. I spent like a day going 'she bit me....'

'she bit me....'

'she bit me?'

11. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

Aye *stgrl*
    Biting, nibbling, pinching.....

I see, Tyler.

13. Tyler Registered Senior Member

I was quite wierded out for a bit.
    It was very, very confusing.

I suppose, the reason isn't confusing.....but the fact htat she bit me????

14. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Its cause you went in there unsure about fighting a girl and she played dirty - pisses you off doesn't it?

15. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Just mind-blowingly shocked and confused....
    So confused....

16. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Hahahahahaha, yep I know what you mean.

17. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

I think Tyler needs councelling...

18. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Once a girl, um... uh, nevermind. But it was certainly interesting...

19. Magic~Carpet~Ride Registered Senior Member

No, Cactus we're not. I don't open doors, but I do prefer to pay for the meal.

It's a bit like old cars really... the new ones? yeah, they look flash, go faster, have all the right safety features and take the corners better....

But there's just something about old cars you just love dontcha? The new ones are all the same and... boring.

Last edited: May 3, 2002
  20. Magic~Carpet~Ride Registered Senior Member

Hmm.. ok here here goes.

For the record, my wife is Chinese. I'm Caucasian. her upbringing means that when a decision comes up, I generally win the "argument", not there there usually is one. Most people think that Asian girls are self-effacing, and to a certain point they're right.

HOWEVER....

If something comes up and she DOES argue for it, then that is a very clear signal to me that whatever it is is important to her, and I usually give in.

The fact that she only does this whenever something means more to her than usual, makes it very easy for me, as a rather self-absorbed western male, to realise it. In my opinion, western girls could do worse than to learn a little from her, because the western woman tends to make it rather more difficult to understand what's important to them and what's not.

Am i so bad

*cringe...please dont hurt me*

21. Tyler Registered Senior Member

It was funny because afterwards she was trying to like downplay it and acted all nervous and such. And her friends kept telling me it wasn't a big deal at all.

Oh well.......

My therapist was even a little shocked at it!

22. noktvs Carnal-Siddha Registered Senior Member

Tyler. my brother, I think you're making too much of a big deal out of this girl biting you. Sounds to me like she was definitely flirting. Do you like her in that way? If you do, my advice is to bite her back and see if she likes it. Could be the begining of a beautiful relationship.

23. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Most women I know are attracted to men with bad boy image. They usually believe no matter how bad those men are, they can make them change to whatever they like.

Another group of women like men with good sense of humor and intelligent. Women into bad boys are usually turned off by these kind of men.....

However, if you are tall dark and handsome it doesn't matter what you do. Most women are too dumb to care.