Alzheimer's Helmet

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by sandy, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No, "spectrum" (frequency) has nothing to do with it. Ionizing radiation is high-energy atomic particles.

It's actually not much more than the effect you would get from a sunlamp, a heating pad or an electric blanket. From everything I've read so far, the only difference is that it's used in a "burst mode" for relatively short intervals.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

Magnetic fields can induce current even in human body - that is simple physics. While they can be in microamperes, I am sure it can interfere with brains normal firing of nurons. People have gotten cancers and headaches who work in a high ampere (90K to 120K) environment such as Aluminium or Magnesium metal plants.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

The difference being those are VERY powerful fields. Nothing anywhere close to that is created by ordinary permanent "therapeutic" magnets - that's the ones that I said cannot even penetrate beyond the first skin layer. They have absolutely NO effect on any part of the human body. The only people selling/promoting the things are scam artists. Talk to ANY doctor - preferably one in a radiological field, like MRIs, etc.

And I would also like to see solid proof of that last statement.

Oh, and that first statement is inaccurate as it stands - that applies ONLY to fields in motion, such as generated by an electromagnet.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

refer to my post #20, as this is not true for me

8. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Then you are a very, VERY unique individual!!!!

9. kmguru Staff Member

Fields in motion or conductors in motion as in people moving in and around the field...blood flowing...

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I understand that perfectly but it has very little effect at all.

Now - I asked politely for references - do you actually have any?

And what's with using the blue gunk? Ordinary black is easier on the eyes, if you please. Why did you switch all of a sudden??????

11. kmguru Staff Member

You mean a Physics book ? I am sure you will find one in the library. As far as how electrons conduct in the body, you may have to find books on Neuropathy and Nerve Conduction. If you have a medical college close by, the library would have a lot of text books in neuroscience. Also do some research in Google...you may find a lot.

Also try "Cellular Biophysics" Volume 2 by T. F. Weiss.

Then you have to connect the dots....there may be some research papers on "effect of high magnetic fields on human tissue"...Google has a lot of quality hits icluding papers from University of Karlsruhe, Germany

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what are you looking for, i will check my medical books and see if i can find an answer for you

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That's not what I'm talking about and I think you know it. I asked for proof of this statement of yours, "People have gotten cancers and headaches who work in a high ampere (90K to 120K) environment such as Aluminium or Magnesium metal plants."

I don't intend to search for anything - it was your statement so it's up to you to substantiate it. Quite frankly, I don't believe it.

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That's quite nice of you, Asguard, but I believe you will find nothing (see my previous post). He's the one that made the claim so let's see if he can prove it.

I'm just like you were about the hybrid seeds thing - I believe he's wrong but if he can prove it I will not hesitate to apologize.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Edit: if there is anything at all to his claim, it will be due to the noxious fumes present in such places. There have been NUMEROUS studies conducted that have tried to link cancer to electromagnetic fields and not one of them have had positive results. Some people have suspected for years that those living near high-powered electric transmission lines (carrying FAR more power than what he mentioned) cause cancer - but it has NEVER been shown to be true.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i offered because unlike the farming thing i actually have a set of books on medical biology

well one book on bioscience (ie A&P), one on one pathopysiology, one on mental health, one on medical ethics, one on paramedic health and a few on medical resurch and life development

16. Sputnik Banned Banned

It all depends on how strong the magnetic field is - we use magnetic therapy here in Denmark every day for severe depression - seems to have fewer side effects than ECT (which we also use) ..........

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9803/20/magnets.depression/

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That's very good!

By all means, take a look, but I don't think you'll find anything that backs him up.

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ok now what am i looking for?

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That working around high-powered electromagnetic fields causes cancer.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ok HERE is one study i have found that SEEMS To A) be talking about the right subject and B) from what i can see it SEEMS to be a legit source

havent read the whole thing as to which way it will go

THIS page sugests that the findings of there study were negitive but im not paying to read it

THIS one is from the BMJ so it will be relyable but again i havent read it

THIS one is a wikapedia artical so its relyability is suspect

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

oh dam wrong subject
    thought i was looking for the eficasy of magnetic treatment

my bad

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ok try that again

THIS is from the national cancer inistute of the US (im assuming the last bit based on it having no country mark in its web address)

Not sure who THIS one is from

THIS one is from a goverment site in Australia so it should be relyable

23. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Nice work, Asguard - as I said before, proud of you!

You'll note that not a single one of those help his claim but rather support what I said - that several studies have been conducted and found no link between cancer and electromagnetic (AC power) fields.

And incidentally, I'll go ahead and point out that the two process he claimed were causing cancer actually use DC power and NOT AC current.

So now let's see what he has to say for himself, eh?