alternatives to kazaa

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Captain_Crunch, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Tristan,

Your a idiot! Yes DC has chat rooms and has all th rare stuff but is no where near as convenient as KazaA or Winmx for that matter. If you want common material without that hassle of server rules and sharing capacity go KazaA… if you can' find it anywhere else then I bet you DC has it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

DC++ is the ultimate fileshare!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Actually im quite smart, thank you very much

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

never use them

I suppose

Now I know that is not true. I can do a search while connected to 4 hubs that searches over 1000people and probably 10 terabytes(most likely a lot more).

Common material? I can find any complete album with the exception of tiny bands like Perfume Tree. I have dled over 10 gigs of stuff in 3 weeks. Sharring capacity? Big deal, get like 3 movies and you can join just about any server.

I can get any COMPLETE album that has all the titles in order, the same byte rates, good quality too. Instead of Dling from 10 different people, with choppy crappy songs. Not to mention no one on Kazaa has fast dl speeds. I can go on and on. Even WinMX is better than Kazaa. Kazaa is for newbies that havent learned the good file sharring programs (no offence of course

)

Simply, DC++ is the bomb. And Yes I have used WinMX, Kazaa, etc.

Later
    T

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cool skill what are you smoking, i have Maya 4.5 final and it's way complicated it took me like an hour just to get some texture to a sphere. so now i got a program called Bryce 5, very easy to use

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Hey I have compared DC++ to KazaA personally and I know which one is more convenient to me. If you enjoy searching through hubs for something that’s your fetish not mine. I have DSL like speeds and I'm on KazaA so no not everyone on KazaA is a modemer. Also I have never notice any degradation from “chop up” files in fact if you knew how the Internet work you would know that all information transfered over TCPIP is in packet form.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2003
  9. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Whoa there grasshopper. Calm down.

Thats not what I was refering to. Generally, the people that use kazaa have shitty files to begin with from shitty encoding. Its not the internet that makes them horrible. Its the computer illiterate people who encode music/movies.

Like I said, I can dl an entire album that has all been encoded in the same byte rate from a reliable source. But even then, sometimes im let down. Rarely though.

Grasshopper, no need for fingers there buddddddY.

Later
    T

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Excuse me? All people on KazaA have shitty files? When was it that P2P programs were like separate countries with different cultures? I mean I’m sure there are bad encoders out there but they’re not limited to people that use KazaA! I pulled off a lot of bad videos from DC++ should I blame it on the program, the hubs I used, the person that was sharing the file or the encoder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.