Alternative to Special Relativity

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Prosoothus, Feb 1, 2003.

1. lethe Registered Senior Member

another anti-relativity zealot. cool, we don t have enough of those around here. perhaps now we have enough ammo and intelligence to show those ridiculous einstein croneys the truth.

welcome to sciforums, MacM. you ll fit right in.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacM Registered Senior Member

Thanks

Thank you. I'm getting a fine welcome here.

I just love it when they try to prove Relativity using relavistic mathematics.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

Amazingly, he seems even less educated than Fluidity and even more beligerant than Prosoothus.

- Warren

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fluidity Registered Senior Member

Hey...

That's not cool, Warren. I know I have a way to go, but at least I'm trying to learn why I'm wrong.

8. MacM Registered Senior Member

Bio

I did notice Warren's Bio doesn't claim much.

9. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

Re: Hey...

Actually most of the time you seem to be resisting it tooth and nail, Clay.

- Warren

10. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

Re: Bio

I wasn't aware that I had to post my CV on sciforums to gain credibility.

- Warren

11. Fluidity Registered Senior Member

warren, baby

Actually most of the time you seem to be resisting it tooth and nail, Clay.
    <HR>
    I have told you, there are reasons, crazy as they sound to you, why I want to understand what I think I see.

And, I do appreciate your patience, abrasive as it may be at times.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. MacM Registered Senior Member

CV

Warren,

No requirement to post but I think it would be appropriate before you call other uneducated.

I may or may not be as smart as you - time will tell. But I certainly can't be called uneducated.

I am posted. I am also listed in The Personalities of The South (17 State Region). Now before you think I have a big head let me say what I tell others about that:

"That and a quarter won't buy coffee". But I didn't get listed because I'm a wack either.

13. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

Re: CV

You assert that relativity claims things that it doesn't. It is apparent that you do not really know what relativity claims. When someone doesn't know something, it is entirely fair to say that they are uneducated, the sting of truth notwithstanding.

Besides, I don't really care what education you have, or claim to have. On this forum, the factuality of your posts is the final criterion for judging your education. So far, you're not doing well.
    I don't think I (or anyone else) really gives a shit about your listing in "who's who" type list. The only people who are considered for these awards are the people who submit applications -- the selection effect severely limits the significance.

- Warren

14. MacM Registered Senior Member

I beg your pardon

I that is BS. I never applied for anything, I was nominated due to recognition of my work (technical by the way) and I agree that education doesn't make you smart. I believe I have met the poster boy.

15. lethe Registered Senior Member

Re: I beg your pardon

i nominate you for the personalities of sciforums.com list. it encompasses all the 17 southern states, as well as a few of the other states, and also australia, uk, canada, parts of europe and singapore and the rest of the world.

16. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: I beg your pardon

*scrambles* Hey!! Where do I send my application!! Come on, I'm a character too!!

- Warren

17. lethe Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: I beg your pardon

heh. mac, say, wanna nominate my buddy chroot?

18. MacM Registered Senior Member

Character

Can we choose the character?

19. lethe Registered Senior Member

Re: Character

what did you have in mind?

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

MacM:

You're missing the point that the relativistic velocity addition formula is not just made up. It is <b>derived</b> from the postulates of the theory of relativity. It is not something which somebody just dreamed up.

Special relativity has only two simple postulates. All the maths, including the formula you are so eager to disparage, are derived from these simple, non-mathematical assumptions.

If that's not good enough for you, the formula has also been verified by experimental tests.

21. MacM Registered Senior Member

VAF

James R,

I don't disagree with what you just said but we see the implication somewhat differently.

I don't argue that the math doesn't work. NOt that the math doesn't seem to reflect observtion and/or test.

What is missing in all this is that there are alternative explanations for the results of the tests and observations which do not require Relativity or the VAF and those views appear to have a more complete, more logical and consistant application with reality.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Show me, MacM.

23. MacM Registered Senior Member

Show Me

James R,

Give me some time. I would hope to be able to accomadate your request.