Alternates to anti-biotics

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by MacGyver1968, Dec 7, 2007.

1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. Luckily, I haven't had any other tooth problems.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ahem embrace simplicity Registered Senior Member

To manage the pain, take 800 mg (that's 4 pills) of Ibuprofen every four hours. That's a big dose of Ibuprofen, so only do it for a couple of days. Works good on a toothache, and Ibuprofen only costs a couple of dollars at WalMart.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

I would add something else but I am not a pharmacist. Ibu is VERY hard on the stomach and liver, and linked to cancer. Someone with pharma knowledge could suggest something to take with it to lessen the side effects?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ahem embrace simplicity Registered Senior Member

The Ibuprofen toothache pain relief remedy is an OTC doctor-prescribed suggestion for non-narcotic instant relief. I didn't just make it up.

Mac isn't going to suffer liver damage or any other adversities in two days or three days of use. It would need to be accumulative over time to harm his liver.

Clove oil won't do a bit of good on an abscessed tooth!

8. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I actually would switch off. Back when I started this thread, 3 years ago, I was in constant, throbbing pain, so I would take Aleve at night, as it last longer, and switch between aspirin and ibuprofen during the day.

9. Ahem embrace simplicity Registered Senior Member

This thread is 3 years old??? LOL

10. sandy Banned Banned

I understand but Ibu is not gentle. I never said anything about clove oil; I was looking for an additional drug for him to take to counter the effects of the massive dose of Ibu. Maybe even Tums.

11. kmguru Staff Member

Get one antibiotic pill from a friend etc, bite into it and swish around the teeth. Leave it for a few hours. Repeat for a few times. That will kill anything there. That is better than taking large doses internally...

12. sandy Banned Banned

Good idea if his problem was outside the tooth but I'm guessing it's the root. This cannot penetrate the root.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Draining the puss, extracting the tooth and possibly.. scraping the bone (shudder).

I already had a root canal years ago, but the infection keeps coming back in 1-2 years intervals.

Good to hear man

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yes, it's the root. Apparently, the dentist did a crap job with the root canal. There are still live bacteria hiding in there.
    I got antibiotics the first four times and that helped for while, but it always seems to come back. The thing has to come out.
    I've now arrived at a point at which I am ready to slice it open myself in order to drain it.. but that would be stupid I guess.
    I don't have much pain though, it's just pressure.
    And I look like a freaking chipmunk! :bawl:

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Take a clove.

Hold it over a flame till it catches fire then blow on it so the flame goes off.

Let it cool for a bit then bite down on it and set it in your mouth where the infection is.

If you can get clove oil, then dip a clean bit of cotton in clove oil and put it over the infected tooth for a day. You can switch the clove or cotton if your mouth waters too much and you feel the "taste" lessen

15. draqon Banned Banned

just use eucalyptus oil

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

There's no hole in the tooth. The infection is spreading from the root into my cheek.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You know which tooth is aching, right?

No need for a hole. Just put a few drops of the clove oil or bite down on a toasted clove so the oil can be released slowly at the infected spot. Its slower than antibiotics but it works

Also, I was responding to the OP.

18. draqon Banned Banned

Eat yogurt/milk and stop munching meat.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I know which tooth it is, but the infection has spread considerably.
    Anyway, I don't think I have ready access to a clove. Does it cure the infection indefinitely or does it just bring relieve?

How about massive amounts of garlic? I heard garlic contains a natural antibiotic as well.

Ah ok. The OP is three years old though

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Draqon, I already do that

I ate a shit load of cashews earlier only to read later that they need to be fresh.. lol

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nope. Not garlic. Tooth infection = clove oil; ringworm = crushed garlic [though it can also takes off your skin and burns like the very devil if you're sensitive]

In that case, my bad

22. draqon Banned Banned

garlic is antibiotic
    cranberry juice is antibiotic + antiviral
    clove is antibiotic
    Grapefruit seed oil is antibiotic (buy them in health stores)
    honey is antibiotic
    Application of tea tree oil on the skin (which is antibiotic) also helps
    Molkosan (derived from whey) to treat a possible fungus infection
    Olive leaf extract (both anti-viral and anti-biotic)
    Neem (has anti-viral properties)

23. draqon Banned Banned

try all of these, the use of many natural substances will greatly improve chances of recovery.