[Alpha] So, Er... What's Wrong With Sciforums?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by redarmy11, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Spurious, if we restricted evidence to only published papers, that would shut this place down completely, because even people like myself, with walls of books and lots of knowledge, have no access to journals. I did when I was at uni, but that was a few years ago.

So I think web pages do count as information, as long as they actually say what you are saying, and give some evidence.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Aaand.. I'm BACK. Briefly. To say this:

Chat elsewhere, please, chaps. In this thread: please stay on topic. Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Time to put it in the cesspool then...

8. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Oh god please. It's too good to be true.

I think the other problem is that the same discussions continue to be recycled again and again.

How many "What's wrong with SciForums" thread are there now, four? How many global warming threads have you seen in the past month? Fifty? I wasn't here in the "glory days" that yall seem to remember so fondly...did yall talk in circles about the same things then, too?

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

BenTheMan:

The thing about that thread is that Paul W. Dixon ONLY posts in that thread, and nowhere else. I think allowing one thread for him is not problematic. The problem is with trolls filling a whole bunch of threads with crap.

10. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I object that he can continue to post physics that's so blatantly wrong and not be axed for it. His science is flat wrong, and it was shown to be so six years ago. You never had a problem moving IAC's threads, or the threads about Jewish genetics. To me, the propogation of bad science is just as offensive as the propogation of a rascist agenda---perhaps it's just me.

Maybe you should do this---find the best trolls on SciForums. You could have a contest or something every month. And only the designated trolls would be allowed to troll the threads.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Put all the trolls in a cage!

12. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.