(alpha) Reinventing Sciforums -1- Choosing New Mods

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Avatar, Oct 18, 2008.

1. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

I never accused Tiassa for misusing his power, in fact I am quite like Tiassa. What I said was from what I observe in the discussion of Baron Max banning. People accuse him of losing in debate with Baron Max or something and so he wanted to ban Baron. Even if actually Baron is wrong, if Tiassa is the one who will take action, people will still accuse him of misusing his power. And so I offered idea to let admin take over his power over Baron only. If this is sound like a bad idea, it's ok. It's just an idea..

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

Well, in my personal opinion, IF it is a personal attack, it MUST be reported, unless you want to see her jumps on any given chance to hijack thread to attack you.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't think the moderators or admin are unaware of the situation. Personally I am not concerned with MW's rants and she is welcome to jump in on any discussion.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If I objected to every single person who insulted me on this site because of my political or religious or ethical opinions, the list would be very very long.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

In another word, you would have the problem continuously coming? And let it assassinate your character? (I hate this word, but I mean to refer to character assassination).

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Does people making unsupported statements lead to character assassination? Thats not how I judge other people. And if by chance someone were to believe I was unbiased or unfair simply on someone's say so, it would hold very little significance for me. Have you read Surah an-Naas? Waswasa will follow you everywhere in life.

9. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

From wiki:

Compare that to this:

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So does it work? Are there people here who believe MW? Why do you think moderators did not delete her posts?

11. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

In my opinion, if what M*W (or any other attackers) said is not true, then it is a personal attack. If it is a personal attack and you did nothing about it, it means you support the breaching of forum rules.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I am not moderator of the forums where she posted that. Is it your opinion that I should report each and every post that is aimed at insulting me?

13. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

Eventhough I gain no personal benefit in typing this, I think so, that you SHOULD report EACH and EVERY post that aimed at insulting you personally. Here is your choice: are you actually bad (as what is depicted in the insult), or weak (for not doing anything)?

14. John99 Banned Banned

How can you assassinate a made up character?

Do you go around telling people that you are Amethyst08?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Mostly I think my problem is I don't take such stuff seriously, frequently it makes me laugh. I guess I am just precocious?

16. Gustav Banned Banned

17. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

18. John99 Banned Banned

No, it is not the wrong thread.

19. amethyst08 Registered Senior Member

No, but you waste everybody's time. Sorry, I am leaving this thread. I have to pick up my laundry and iron some clothes. Ciao..

20. John99 Banned Banned

:bravo:

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

But there is nothing to stop you making the reports if you feel it will achieve something, is there?

Ciao!

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Why not try new mods on a trial basis? Seems easiest. Plazma gets a sense of how they're doing, keeps or doesn't keep them.

23. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I think that will solve ALL of the problems