Allergy and Toxins: The Irony of Health Obcession

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by TruthSeeker, Jun 2, 2006.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I just had a kid so I can see now how obcessive north americans are with keeping everything sterile and "safe". Ironically, that sterility is making us susceptible to diseases! Which is why allergies are becoming more and more common.

So what will happen? Will north america someday be completely disseminated because of a simple bacteria spreading through the whole continent simply because nobody is immune to it due to obcessive sterilization?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Not only that, but I found the whole situation excessivel ironic. We thought that bacteria and viruses were evil and that we needed to protect ourselves from them. So we spend billions of dollars researching and producing chemicals to "protect" us and, instead, those chemicals cause dependency, poisoning and even cancer epidemics!

Makind is so foolish...

And we all think that everything is great... yeah, right...

Our children today are born with a lot of chemicals as well. It's funny that we are so obcessed with being sterile and then we create those toxic chemicals that our children are even born with. Can anyone see a contradiction here?
    http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15039747%5E1702,00.html

I'm letting my child play in the dirt...
    Hopefully the soil is not contaminated...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Get your kid out playing in the dirt as soon as possible.

Over here it's generally advised to make sure your kid gets just about every childhood disease possible to get them out of the way....for example when one kid gets measles every other kid gets sent round to play with them.

I read lately that children born by caesarian section end up with less immunity than those born vaginally (ugh) for the first month or so of their lives.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yeah, that's probably what I'm going to do...

Where do you live?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

8. Bells Staff Member

You child will play in the dirt whether you let him or not.. lol. The only thing you need to keep sterile are his bottles (if he's not breastfeeding), but that is especially so in the first few months. Otherwise clean your house as normal. If his poo gets out of the nappy and onto his clothes or bedding for example, then it needs to be cleaned properly, but otherwise let your child be a child. Don't run around disinfecting every single surface in your home. I have a cousin who did that with her children and they were forever coming down with all sorts of things (she used to wash her floors and benchtops etc, with a diluted bleach solution.. not realising that her crawling children would be drooling everywhere and sometimes rubbing their hands into it possibly transferring the bleach into their mouths

).

With our son we keep the house clean (as clean as a crawling baby can let the house be clean) but don't go over-board. He crawls everywhere in the house and the only thing he's ever come down with in his near 10 months now was a mild viral throat infection (that he picked up from his cousins) that cleared up in 2 days. He has thankfully never had a cold, ear infection, or anything else for that matter. He crawls in the grass, sandpit, garden beds, etc. We wash his hands after he's played outside but that's just with a normal baby soap and plain water. We don't disinfect our floors because frankly I prefer my son eats a few germs than he eats anything that has been washed or cleaned with a hospital grade disinfectant (think of the residue of said disinfectant and what that can do to a child in the long run). In short, don't go nuts over the sterilising solutions, hospital grade disinfectants, etc. They are not only a waste of money but they will also not benefit your child in the long run.

9. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Get a cat ASAP, too. It turns out allergies to cats are very common.

10. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Hold a pox party:

Source

Not one child has either died or been crippled by these parties, nor has there been any increase in the general incidence of such a commmon disease yet doctors are urging to stop them.

To wit- for over 40 years, the medical field has made a killing in consultaition fees and prescription drugs treating women for yeast infections. When women learned to procure their own douches (apple cider vinegar, yogurt and gentian violet- all about as cheap as french fries) doctors terrified them of the consequences.

Satan wears white.

11. water the sea Registered Senior Member

When I was little, I was growing up in the country, spend lots of time among farm animals. Drinking raw milk and eating berries and certain grasses straight from the meadow or forest.

I was a very healthy child, never had pneumonia or anything serious.

Good times.

12. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Truth:
    You can also tell her not to drug the kid (or you) once it(or you) starts bedwetting.

Asia, Latin America, and almost every country in Africa right now is ravaged by malaria and yet we have a fabulous drug to cure..... bedwetting?

Cipramil.
    I had to read twice to be sure- this drug was actually created to cure shopping.

There are drugs for erectile dysfucntions, allergies, gambling, tanning and toe fungus but no general cure for a scourge like malaria? And what is the batting average now for the number of companies who have flooded the market with drugs to treat ADD?

Further, one can go into the Amazon and find the only ones dying of these protozoans are the natives- the healthiest boys and girls are the "tourists", a synonym for "market potential" and "buying power". Antimalarial drugs are therfore used by the very people who'll never contract
    malaria but they're terrified so -caching- they'll keep buying.

Wow.

Therefore, when you look at the millions that drug companies pour into advertising and the benefits confered on a doctor who would prescribe a colonscopy, an MRI, countless antibiotics, and a pap smear for Water's TERRIFYING SIN of drinking unprocessed milk and berries- then you realize that Mr. Pharmaceutical has only two nightmares: that his drugs either kill you or cure you.

Statements like these require therapy.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Who even mentioned "bedwetting"?

You must be insane, or something... :bugeye:

14. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

I'm making a point, lummox.

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I didn't know you could be that retarded...

16. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Tell me little boy.

How's the wife and the married life?

How does it feel pouring all your potential, vigor, and skills into an emotional cow who is now legally bound to you and as such holds the power to destroy you?

Years from now you will look at the baby you're so proud to breastfeed now, baring its fangs demanding you buy it a yo yo.
    And years from then, he or she will proudly display the fruits of your labor sitting up straight in his cubicle, just like you taught him so many years ago before he became this Very Important Telemarketer.

He's even got photo frames with pictures of you and that Holstein you married smiling like imbeciles, decorating his tiny space where he, like you, learns the timeless habit of trying to squeeze gold from dogshit.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You are obviously frigid and, therefore, compensating your frustration by using those pointless ad-hominems....

So... stick to the thread or stick it up your ass!

Cheers!

18. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Riiiiiiiiiight...

I was, you fucking asshole.

Read and I DARE you to claim it was Gendanken who started with the ad-hominems.

19. Arkantos Registered Senior Member

it is interesting indeed how our efforts to help ourselves can cause more problems, kind of like welfare state policies and the war on drugs

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

And sitcoms...

21. Roman Banned Banned

Once I had malaria or dengue fever or something. Rather than medicate, I just put up with the annual symptoms for a couple years and got over it.

22. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

One of the things we Green sympathizers have to come to terms with is the effect of outlawing DDT. Our bald eagles are no longer in danger of extinction, but since we stopped spraying the mosquito larvae in the fetid ponds of the Third World, millions of people have died of malaria.

My father told me that when they started drafting guys en masse during World War II, the city boys (of which he was one) spent their first two weeks getting every illness that was being passed around in the crowded conditions of boot camp. The country boys were fine.

23. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

*cocks ear*
    A-ha. Moving on...

Be thankful.

The third world's only talent is fucking.

Annual? It comes back?