Alive reincarnation of Gautama Buddha???

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Wisdom_Seeker, May 25, 2007.

1. VitalOne Banned Banned

Nah, thats not fake, thats the truth...the problem is these pseudo-intellectuals, thinking they know the truth cannot comprehend how one can become like a super-being freed from all suffering, so because their intellect cannot comprehend how it can happen, they instead pervert the meaning, thinking they are the knower of all things....so in other words because these pseudo-intellectuals, who have never seen the truth cannot comprehend how something can be true, they instead conclude that it is symbolic or false...because they lack knowledge...

What you are talking about is suppression....you see when you are freed from all defiling impulses there will be no more anger, fear, or sorrow...because there can't be....you're thinking that someone is forcing themselves not to be angry...but there is no anger to speak of...because anger stems from a defiling impulse...in other words you won't be suppressing anger, there will be nothing to suppress...

YOu aren't erasing your emotional-self, your erasing your insecurities, defiling impulses, the things that cause you suffering...

Nah, emotions are a big waste of time...maybe useful to the animalistic...its no wonder Jesus, Buddha, and Krishna all say not to mourn for the dead...what good comes out of it?

No, I think you and all the other pseudo-intellectuals are under-literal...because you cannot possibly understand it...

"The sorrows, lamentations,
    the many kinds of suffering in the world,
    exist dependent on something dear.
    They don't exist
    when there's nothing dear.
    And thus blissful & sorrowless
    are those for whom nothing
    in the world is dear anywhere.
    So one who aspires
    to be stainless & sorrowless
    shouldn't make anything
    in the world dear
    anywhere" (Udana 8.8)

Another misunderstanding from the typical pseudo-intellectual (Westerner)...Gautama Buddha was never fat...he was athletically fit his entire life...

This shows your lack of understanding...you're not suppressing yourself...if you were suppressing yourself and not being angry, fearful, sorrowful, etc...then you would be a liar, a fake, a pretender, because deep down you still have fear, sorrow, anger, etc....

Rather enlightenment is where there is no more fear, anger, sorrow, etc...deep down because the unconscious defiling impulses that cause these things are gone....but I wouldn't expect you to understand still....you're thinking that you'll be pretending to be happy...but if you're not truly happy in all aspects then its not real happiness...its just suppression...

If you're experiencing any suffering deep-down (unconsciously) or awaringly (consciously) then you're not enlightened....its pretty simple if you experience even the slightest extent of suffering then you know you're not supremely enlightened...

There will be no more defiling impulses (which cause suffering) to speak of...I wonder why you can't understand...

Material bliss is fleeting...the real, true happiness is eternal...

"Any sensual bliss in the world,
    any heavenly bliss,
    isn't worth one sixteenth-sixteenth
    of the bliss of the ending of craving" (Udana 2.2)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. heliocentric Registered Senior Member

Well youre entitled to think what you like of course, although id put forward that all the enlightened people that ive personally come across have been dedicated to relieving 'other people's suffering' rather than their own.

Not supression per se, just control. Ive no idea who you are in real life but i can garantee you'll have your off days. Its just a case of handling your emotions with dignity and moving through them imo.

Youre still motivated by your own desire though, youre chasing this dream of a life in which you never suffer. Ironically in alot of respets youre infinitely more trapped by your own desires than any materialist or hedonist.

Id personally question your motivation in all this, Why is your own suffering (or lack thereof) so central to you?

Emotions are great motivating principles, especially when youre dealing with empathy/compassion. Although yes id agree that some emotions can be next to useless, i.e. getting angry/upset about things beyond your control.

I just dont see the need to eradicate all human emotions apart from this banal state of happiness, or why you assume that your own happiness is more important than anyone elses.

Im not sure why you think any of this is indicative of pseudo-intellectualism, do you even know what pseudo-intellectualism is?
    Its dazzling people with verbosity in place of brevity, its assuming knowledge that you dont have, or vastly over-estimating the importance of the knowledge you do have.
    Im pretty sure i havent fallen into any of these traps, id put forward that you just dont like being challanged about what you hold to be true.

Exactly, this is my whole point, the absolutism youre subscribing to is really only going to lead you to become a great pretender.
    Monasteries are absolutely littered with them, people 'playing' at being wise men while they actually indulge in their own hedonism.
    I know a few people whove left monasteries altgother in digust of the complete self-denial and latent hypocracy.
    Although im in no way saying that any buddhist by definition is somehow 'lost' , they'll always be a few that get it. But generally those sort of people flourish regardless of whether theyre given a bible a koran or a copy of the tao.

Rubbish, and i'll tell you why.
    You could achieve this mythical state of non-suffering and have done precisely nothing with your life but sit in the lotus position and read your sacred tomes, while contributing absolutely nothing to life.
    However you could have severe emotional difficulties and be utterally self-less, commit yourself to the lives and well-beings of others.
    I think this is the central point that alot of people miss, by being commited simply to your own suffering (or lack thereof) youre still utterally and completely imprisoned by your own desire. Youre just switched the desire to aquire the external with something internal.
    Youre as self-centred as the caricatured 'materialist', the point is life isnt about *you* and untill you get that you wont be intelligent let alone 'wise'.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. VitalOne Banned Banned

No, this is another misunderstanding....if you become a Buddha, and achieve this perfection, you'll become a savior of the world and help people out WAAY more than anyone else on the entire earth...plus you'll have high-energy, a sense of fulfillment, and inner joy.....its not selfish at all...you'll become your true-self, who you really are, and contribute immensely.....everything will be basically the same except no suffering...all the best parts of you will be brought out...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. heliocentric Registered Senior Member

You can definitely lead by example i wouldnt argue with that, but you either need to have lead a really quite awe-inspiring life, or be in possesion of some truely earth-shattering rhetoric, unveiling or perhaps 'reinventing' the old truths.
    Simply relieving yourself of personal suffering isnt going to affect any sort of external change in itself, as im sure youre aware.

8. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I totally agree here.