Alive reincarnation of Gautama Buddha???

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Wisdom_Seeker, May 25, 2007.

1. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I recently found this information, and it got my attention. I wanted to share this here for opinions and further research:

It is about "Ram Bahadur Bomjon", a 17 year-old buddhist. His followers claim him to be the re-incarnation of Gautama Buddha.
    To this claims, the boy replied:
    "Tell the people not to call me a Buddha. I don't have the Buddha's energy. I am at the level of rinpoche."
    A rinpoche is the level of a teacher, which indicates he believes he has achieved a significant amount. He said that he will need six more years of meditation before he may become a Buddha.

On May 16, 2005, he admonished his family not to kill animals or drink alcohol, then left home while they slept. A search was conducted and he was found meditating under a nearby pipal tree. He told his family to go home and not worry. When his mother continued to despair, he plucked six leaves from the tree and gave them to her, saying, "Take these leaves home and keep them in a safe condition. If you lose these leaves, you will not be able to find me. If you keep them safe, I will remain with you forever."

After about ten months of meditation, (his supporters claim that he did this without food or water for the whole 10 months) Bomjon went missing on March 11, 2006.

On March 19, a group of Bomjon's followers met with him about 2 miles (3 kilometers) southwest of his meditation site. They say they spoke to him for thirty minutes, during which Bomjan said "there is no peace here" and that he would return in six years, or roughly 2011 or 2012. He left a message for his parents telling them not to worry.

"I left because there is no peace here... Tell my parents not to worry," Mr Lama quoted Bomjan as saying.

On December 25, 2006, villagers in Bara district spotted Bomjon meditating. He was carrying a sword which he had used to protect himself in the jungle, reminding reporters that "Even Gautama Buddha had to protect himself," and claimed to have eaten nothing but herbs in the interim. He reiterated his commitment to Buddhist devotion for six years and said he would allow people to come observe him as long as they kept away some distance and didn't bother him

Video link:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4824530.stm

Info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Bahadur_Bomjon

Even the Discovery Channel taped him for 4 days straight, only to verufy the boy barely moves during meditation, and he doesn´t eat or drink nothing during the day. (Nobody knows what happens between 5pm and 5am).

But it seems to me that we may have a teacher to look up to in the future.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

teenager story.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What a waste of time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Dude, I have seen many 15 year old boys, but not even close to one that leaves his family and goes into a 10 month fasting motionless meditation state... Before going into the forrest for a 6 year meditation.

8. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Some people won´t recognize a Buddha if its standing infront of them, and their ego will make them judge the Buddha (the inner-self is non-judgemental). Just like people judged Jesus and pretty much every awaken person since then.

9. draqon Banned Banned

ok...but how do you distinguish those who pretend to know the truth?

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm Buddha, you're Buddha. It's no big deal. This kid is either mental or starting the con game early.

11. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I can give you my perspective:

1 - Awakening is about inner-wisdom, is not about who knows more than who, but who knows himself better... Meditation is the best way to know yourself.

2 - Like the summer sky, in meditation the mind needs to be a vast space, without clouds (thoughts), but deep, pure meditation. In this kind of meditation, our metabolism is kind of the same as when we sleep, so one can fast for days...

3 - Tranquility of movements, blissful in thoughts....

4 - His ideas cannot be acceptable to society.

5 - Wise speach. (Non-judgemental, humble, self-knowledge and deep words).

6 - All this and more clues of having no Ego...

12. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I am not Buddha, and excuse me my friend, but I can tell, you are no Buddha or Christ yourself.

Every person has the seed of Christ or Buddha, it is the same seed we all have, from Jesus to Bush . But is still a seed, not quite yet Buddha.

Gautama and Jesus cristalized their inner-selfs, I believe Bush won´t cristalize his inner-self in this life, unless something incredibly radical happens.

13. VitalOne Banned Banned

I don't believe these people, when the REAL Buddha comes most will automatically know.....I always judge by what someone says...

14. draqon Banned Banned

well...Buddha came in his lifetime...and only Asians knew of it...what of barbarians in the East? How come they didn't automatically know of it?

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's an interesting proposition. How do you know my inner self isn't what you experience now? How do you know there's a self at all?

16. VitalOne Banned Banned

Yeah but Maitreya-Buddha is supposed to be known throughout the world....he'll come around the 4400s..

17. heliocentric Registered Senior Member

Yeah ive read about him before, ultimately whether or not he is the reincarnation of buddha, the guy has unbelievable discipline.
    I dont think people realise how hard and meditation actually is - try sitting absolutely still for 1 hour with your mind completely clear of thoughts. I can barely make it to half and hour.
    This kid meditates during an entire day, with barely (if any) food.

He does sound pretty enlightened either way, seems like hes entered the final stage of moral reasoning - realising everything is an end unto itself and not just a means to an end.
    Generally comes across as an interesting bloke from what ive read about him, would be nice to have a natter with someone like that.

18. Exploradora Registered Senior Member

um... wasn't The Buddha against fasting?

19. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The funny part is that when he eventually reaches supreme enlightenment he will start teaching others to do the same, by the same austere methods and lifestyle...causing his many worshippers to flee in horror.

20. VitalOne Banned Banned

So...that does not make you supremely enlightened....what makes you supremely enlightened is if you are no longer able to experience even the slightest, smallest degrees of suffering....no longer experiencing even one nanosecond of the most infinitesmal degrees of suffering...

All of these things only makes this kid a good ascetic and doesn't measure if he's actually enlightened...

Yeah he was, he said those extreme practices didn't do any good and to not take either extremes of asceticism nor the extremes of indulging in wordly activities...but the middle way

21. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Buddha was not against fasting, because he learned a significant ammount by fasting, and he eventually realized that he was weak, and he needed to eat right in order to meditate correctly. That doesn´t mean he was against it.

22. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Well, I don´t think he is already enlightened, but I don´t dismiss the probability of he becoming enlightened in this life. As a matter a fact, if someone is going to be enlightened in this life, is this kid, he seems to be certain that he will accomplish it.

But yes, it would be really interesting to meet someone with these meditation capabilities & devotion; and he does come up with interesting things to say whenever he speaks.

23. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Because I have seen the tranquility and peace of mind a person achieves with a certain level of consciousness. Also, there is no fear of death, because the person knows were he come from and were he is going.

Also, when a person is awaken, his life energy is no longer manifested in the lower-sphere, which is the sexual. An awaken person becomes supra-sexual, a bramacharya, because the sexual energy is manifested in a higher sphere, which is consciousness.