Alcohol is it our single biggest social problem?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by alexb123, Oct 12, 2005.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Because from what I understand its a felony to grow pot at this time in America according to the Fedral laws of America. I don't make the law but must adhere to it or suffer the consequences just as anuone else. I really don't care if people grow their own for their own consumption but when they grow 100's of plants it isn't for themselves, its to make money.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

totally agree and it's greedy. But people grow 100's because of the demand. If people could grow there own for personal use then they wouldnt be adding to the dealer problem. I wish governments would wake up to this.

peace

c20

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The government doesn't usually bother with someone who has one or two plants but if they are put into the open where anyone can see them then the police will get on their case i'm sure. It is all about being careful when you grow your own, just be sensible and not stupid and nothing should happen. If you are caught smoking they sometimes investigate your home so be aware of that also.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd agree, I wish alcohol was illegal but the damage has already been done and until enough people have had enough problems from alcohol they will never make it illegal again IMO. Now they want pot to be legalized after everyone has seen the problems with alcohol and cigarettes, I just can't believe people are that ignorant to legalize another thing that will cause problems in society.

9. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

prohibition doesnt work cosmic traveller. it leads to more problems. always has.

c20

10. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Wrong. You may 'feel' more sober but the alcohol continues to spread in your bloodstream. The weird thing, is that if you drink say 5 units of alcohol with food or on a full stomach, you will still get high but if you are breathalysed within 2 hours the chances are that you will score a negative; leave it 8-12 hours later and you will score positive.

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

If home cultivation of cannabis was decriminalised, how many plants do you think should be allowed at any one time?

12. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

A full grow cycle is roughly 13 weeks on average from seed to harvest, 8 weeks if using clones. Minimal effort can yield around 2-3 oz a plant indoors under a 600W high pressure sodium lamp which covers roughly 1m^2 . You can get about 8 plants under there yeilding around 16-20 oz in total.

I cannot see why anyone would need more than 20 oz personal. After the first harvest you would have plenty to last another 13 weeks and so on.

If the first step to decriminalisation was to allow a small number of plants for personal consumption then I would recommend 8 females at any one time. Males should always be discounted.

Even minimal effort requires some study, and learning about the plant would hopefully encourage some people to respect its history and usage a little more.

peace

c20

13. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Whether anything happens to you or not with a couple of plants depends entirely on the country you live and the officer involved and the general policing policy of the town in which the plants are found. I've known medical users with severe MS end up with jail time because they have had 6 plants to help relieve the symptoms of their condition. I've also known grows involving up to a hundred clones to get busted and the person end up with a $200 fine and nothing else. Its a zip code lottery.

peace

c20

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That's what I said I thought, I agree but if it gets bad enough anything can change.

15. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

At $100 for 15 seeds I would have been very disappointed if it didnt make you drool

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

peace

c20

16. Datura surrender to nothing Registered Senior Member

Your conjectural statement is hardly problematic.

Wrong. There isn't one case of lung cancer that has been linked to cannabis. At any rate, it does not have to be smoked.

What lung problems? And then from these lung problems, what diseases are contracted?

Habit forming and addictive are synonymous. You're still incorrect. It is not an addictive drug.

Grasping at straws with more conjectural [and incorrect] nonsense...

Marijuana has been on the market before, and it hardly did "something bad" to anybody. Only when the propagandists stepped in did people start to freak out. Now educated people realize that it is, for the most part, a safe drug. It can also aid in medicine.

No, I don't know this. How do you know this?

Cite the source. And hospitals are not a source.

Propaganda smut is far more detrimental.

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Marijuana has never been proven to cause cancer, at all. There is nothing wrong with making money by growing marijuana. The farmer is worth his pay.

My greatest desire for legalization revolves around the production of hempseed oil for fuel. The apparatus for extracting the oil can be built in your basement out of wood because the seeds are very easy to crush, not like the hard pits of olives or hard kernels of corn. The plants run about half seed by weight, and the seeds run about 30 percent oil by weight, giving you around 10 pounds of oil for every 100 pounds of plant. A plant can weigh over 100 pounds. If you say 10 pounds of oil per plant, roughly 7 pounds to the gallon, it's roughly 700 plants per thousand gallons of readily available fuel. Filter out the solids, it's ready to fuel a diesel engine and doesn't require sulfur to lubricate the valves and cylinders. 1000 gallons is more than you need to heat a house for one year. The oil is nontoxic, you can use it for food and to cook food in. The waste from producing the oil is edible. The seeds contain protein that is very good for humans.

18. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Mine was a loaded question aimed at Cosmic but you gave the answer, because he suggested 1 oz should be the limit to have in your possession, thing is, even with just one clone there will be times when you can't help having at least 3-4oz stock because it's got to last to the next harvest.

The first time I grew, I used a variety of seeds that cost about $20 each, but at my first harvest I let the females seed and collected 1000's of 2nd generation seeds, which are on a par with the originals. I kept the seeds in the freezer and grew a batch of plants every year for 12 years just for me.

I haven't smoked it for 6 months now because my wife has banned me from growing it in the house and even though I accept the new situation, I've still got my seeds know I mean?

19. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Cannabis is truly an amazing plant, it is an efficient provider of fuel, plastic, paper, textile and feed for humans and animals alike. It is also an efficient intoxicator and inspirator of dreams and ideas. Blends can be created that could be consumed throughout the day if so required with minimal stoning effect, merely a comfortable and enjoyable buzz that would not be detrimental to you carrying out your normal daily routine. By the same token, blends can be created for serious chilling or pain killing effects, the choice is endless and there's no way cannabis can be compared with any other drug, it is a gift from God.

20. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Didnt you get bored of the same strain? The first piccie was AK47 from Serious Seeds.

peace

c20

21. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I started off with 10 strains and when the first plants seeded I ended up with a combination of maybe 100 strains through cross fertilisation, though most plants were similar to the original 10 strains. You can't beat home grown bud.

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I have cited sources before but am not going to keep going over showing them. If people want to risk their healthy lungs to inhaling deeply a type of smoke with contaminets in it, that is up to their ignorance. If you want to keep thinking that pot won't cause problems, that again is your ignorance and your choice. If you don't think pot impaires the way you think then why are people getting HIGH? what does HIGH mean to you something other than being impaired?

23. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

People who relax with :m: are not all going schizo like the media would have you believe. Thankfully the number of people who relax with a couple of beers and behave responsibly, far outweighs the number of people who suffer from alcohol related problems. Its the same with pot. Wouldnt it be better to concentrate on screening for people with a sensitivity to it, or better still learn to detect dormant schizophenia early on. Too many innocent people have gone to jail and had their reputation ruined because 'prohibition' was just a cheaper, easier option all round. Easy as sticking your head in the sand.

c20