Al-jazeerah For English Speaking

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Helen, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Of course they are all biased, but some strive to be as unbiased as possible.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

First of: 100 % unbiased = impossible

The question is DO WE WANT RECEIVE UNBIASED NEWS AT ALL?

Or do wo choose to tune to what we would like to hear...?

The BBC seems to portray a reasonable accurate description of events. But hey, that's just my biased opinion:m:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2003
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

Vortexx wrote:
    I second that, Vortexx; I grew up listening to the BBC on shortwave radio. I've always believed they set the "gold standard" for broadcast journalism. Alas, they stopped broadcasting on shortwave. Some of the worst propaganda to be heard on shortwave radio these days comes from The Voice of America.

These days I get most of my news from either Radio Netherlands or National Public Radio. The US television networks are hopeless.

Michael

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dkb218 Banned Banned

As long as big business owns the companies that produce the news, you will never have unbiased media. It's in the interest of big business to portray the world as they see it in order to maximize profits and to keep the sheep from asking the right questions. You will never here a serious news story on CBS, who is owned by Westinghouse, talking about the destruction of the rain forest if one of the companies Westinghouse owns is doing the destruction.

If war is good for big business and they own the media outlets, why would they portray an anti-war stance? It's not in their interest to do so.

8. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

That is assuming they are reporting selective...

Its news coverage being selective or not is something you have to judge by seeing it and not by simple prejudice...

9. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

All news coverage is selective due to time constraints. People will introduce their own bias when they decide which stories they think are important.

10. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

MSNBC was using an Al Jazeerah video feed at times today.

11. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

selective as in biased is what I meant.

12. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

I read you and you are for the most part right. But it is so that their newscoverage and the views expressed in it are not always pleasing to the Arab community. i.g. The common Arab does not need to hear Sharon or Rumsfeld.

13. Helen Registered Senior Member

Al-jazeera was the first Arabic channel EVER to host Israeli speakers and ministers. it caused the station a lot of trouble, but at least they show both SIDES of the story unlike the biased American media which frame the palestineans as always the terrorists and the nazi israelis as the victims.

the biased US media dont tell their people that it is NAZI TERRORIST Israel which ILLEGALY occupies the arab land not the other way around.

this same biased US media dont tell the Americans that Nazi terrorist Israel is in MATERIAL BREACH of more than 71 UN Resolutions + having more than 200 NUCLEAR HEADS + the 4th most powerful army in the world and yet they propagate in the ZIONIST-JEWISH American media that the arabs want to destroy Israel !!!

Nazi Israel in in material breach of more than 71 UN resolutions, did invade 4 neighbouring countries and possess WMD and REFUSE to allow UN inspectors in...and yet the HYPOCRITE AMERICANS DID NOTHING ABOUT THIS NAZI TERRORIST STATE !!

Now, what do you call that ?? I call it SICKNING DISGUSTING HYPOCRISY WHICH WILL FUELS THE MUSLIM ANGER AND QURANTEE INFINITE TERRORISM.

14. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

Don't they?

15. Re: Save your breath Helen!

So, do you mean this as the only option for oppressed people or are you being sarcastic, or pessimistic, or cynical?

16. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Great....just great....

A channel enjoyed by arab nazis everywhere is coming to the us.

17. TheAZCowBoy Banned Banned

Al-Jezeera, "Fair & Balanced" ME reporting from a different angle!

TAC: S 'matter Clockwood, you don't like the fascist FOX JEWS NETWORK getting "Fair & Balanced" competition?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hey, if I know Rabbi Murdoch, like I know Rabbi Murdoch, Al-Jezeera will be owned whole or in part by Rabbi Rupert Murdoch inside of a year!

TheAZCowBoy,

18. TheAZCowBoy Banned Banned

Oops, here comes Randolfo the Greek, and is he p!ssed!"

TAC: "pick your poison, Bubba!"

Pssst, I am being honest!

TheAZCowBoy,

19. Re: Oops, here comes Randolfo the Greek, and is he p!ssed!"

Oh! Confrontational, are we? BTW, if I'm Greek, you must be Turkish?

20. TheAZCowBoy Banned Banned

Unbiased hell, we're all biased!

TAC: You mean I have been "wasting" my time watching THE FOX JEWS NETWORK and their Fair & Balanced neo-fascists, Hannity, O'Reilly, Barnes, Brit, Kondrake and Krathammer?

Oh My!

TheAZCowBoy,

21. button Registered Member

I've just seen some Al Jazheera footage, its unelievable, that not much of the real suffeing is being reported by Sky and CNN?

22. button Registered Member

Shooting down our own planes and killing our own troops with grenades to claim the booty offered by Saddam, I think this is taking Capitalism a bit too far, why not send out a few guys on death row out there to the front, hell its going to save us a bunch in lethat injections etc

23. button Registered Member

Apparently Saddam never paid us any thing for the Chemical weapons we gave him in the 80's to use against the Iranians, I say bomb him until he pays up or returns them (preferably still in containers) we're going to need them against North Korea.