"Ah The Hernandezezes. . ." PC Run Amuck

Discussion in 'Politics' started by superstring01, Mar 7, 2010.

1. superstring01 Moderator

Opinionopolis: Hernandezez-es

I love funny commercials, but I was stunned to hear that Orbitz.com received complaints for a guy adding extra "ezes" to the end of the name "Hernandez". The opening set the tone for the commercial, and was hardly insulting. But, now because of complaints from. . . somebody, Orbitz removed the extra "ezezes".

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Orbitz - Hernandezezes

~String

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

well my ear isn't that good but it almost sounds like botched sound editing either that of the dude just flubbing a line to me. it just doesn't sound natural enough to be scripted.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

It was actually the intent. He sounds like he's stumbling over the notion of whether to add an extra "ez" to make it plural. . . or if it's a collective noun (which doesn't need an extra "es/ez"). His brain fart continues for just a moment as he adds two extra "ezez" to their name.

Now it's just plain old boring normal.

~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Not suprised at all. I think some people just sit at home looking for things to complain about. Hell, I'm surprised the actor didn't get death threats.,

I thinks its funny. I mean, seriously, its hard to say! lol

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I didn't really see in that article any justification for calling it PCism. I didn't see a quote of the actual complaint. The article actually seems to imply that there MUST have been an offended person, but doesn't really offer any evidence of it.

Though, it wouldn't surprise me. Hispanics, especially Mexicans (and yes, especially the illegals) seem to be a protected species. In fact, it's cool to be racist, just as long as you're not white.

I want to change my skin color and then complain about mistreatment of my people 200 years ago. If I'm lucky, I might get a substantial handout from the government!

9. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Actually the Civil rights act wasn't passed until 1964, so your math is a little off.

10. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Sh*t! You do have a point, to an extent. So are you in favor of so-called reparations?

11. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Nope, I'm just in favor of people familiarizing themselves with the facts so they don't raise outlandish points when debating the issue of race.