AGONY AUNTIE ToR- problem resolution :)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Theoryofrelativity, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Pasquala, sounds like you are doing what you need to do re record keeping. Meanwhile re misappropriation of funds, those funds would have had to go from one account to another, your boss oculd not prove they went to yours, but it could perhaps be proven they went to hers. Could your husband have a quiet word in the ear of the other boss who is aquainted with? As a 'just thought you should know' kind of chat? and then let things follow the natural course from there without you having to do or say too much. it is VERY hard I know, the second boss I worked for was a GP and defrauding NHS. I think it was widely known though, and because he did 'favours' for those sitting on the health authority (then) board, they turned a blind eye. It is quite likely others know what your boss is up to already and maybe she is even being investigated. be clever, be subtle and use those you know as well as what you know to help you, while covering your ass!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Do you ever think anything through?

He'll get fired.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think boss is very aware that you can do boss's work and better than boss, since boss uses your work without fear of being considered ass.

If you give in sub-standard stuff boss can always say that one was done by you, so that is not a good plan if other bosses are not aware you are good at your work.

I would suggest you simply move on. Trying to screw your boss is stressful, can be counter productive and may not work. Kiss his (not suggesting gender just tired of typing boss) ass to get a good recco, don't tell him you are leaving on his account and get a job in a better environment. Good luck!

If that is difficult, speak up (the hard road), since you have a friendly relationship with another boss, try to present yourself as positively as possible. Project yourself as a team player who is willing to SHARE credit. Its hard to get credit for everything you do unless you are an asshole and people are reluctant to get in your bad books. To reach that position however you must assert yourself. Try sending information to your boss by email ( in the form of comments or queries) so that it is dated and you can show authorship.

I have been in similar situations so I can understand how frustrated you must feel.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

If your manager is stealing from the company, I bet both shareholders and higher up bosses would like to know. In the case of non-profit orgs, the people who donate would certainly like to know that this asshole is misappropriating funds for his own gain.

8. Roman Banned Banned

Re eskimo ice cream. The Eskimos do have a sort of ice cream, which is traditionally whale blubber and blueberries. Now, they sometimes make it out of Crisco (lard) blueberries and plenty of sugar.

All the eskimos I know get brain freeze, but most of them are halfbreeds. They could have lost some frost resistance to white genes.

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

The question is do Eskimos eat ketchup popsicles...

10. Roman Banned Banned

Mostly Tang and Lysol.

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

problems problems problems...wot no problems ?

12. finewine Registered Senior Member

Did Edna have it right in "The Awakening" by Kate Chopin?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  13. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Dear Tor,

You know how a person can easily prick a finger with something needle-sharp to draw blood? An example of this is during the times a diabetic person tests blood sugar levels.

Well, my question- is it possible to bleed to death from pricking a finger, and squeezing it over and over again? If so, how long would it take?

14. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

You would need something to prevent clotting if you're not a hemophiliac.

A while.

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

A small hole like that would clot up so quickly that it would thwart your efforts. You would have to squeeze it so hard and so frequently that you would start to look for a more effective way to commit suicide, because:

A. Your finger would be wracked with pain.
    B. You would be worn out from the effort and bored from the monotony.

If by being a true monomaniacal psychopath you actually manage to keep this up long enough to have an effect, you would discover that bleeding to death is not such a simple process. The first thing loss of blood will induce is exhaustion, followed promptly by sleep. At that point the original premise kicks in. The hole will clot in a matter of seconds and you will stop bleeding.

The purpose of sleep is to slow down the life processes and give all the tissues a chance to regenerate, including blood. If you´re reasonably healthy your life processes will be sustained in that state and after some time you will wake up with your surviving original red blood cells reoxygenated and a few cc´s of new ones augmenting them, feeling not particularly refreshed but definitely alive, and your finger won´t be bleeding any more.

People slit their wrists--arteries--and don´t die. That´s why they´ve learned to lie in a tub of warm water. It rinses the wound by increasing the rate of blood flow and physically transporting it away, making these large slash wounds more difficult to close by clotting.

You´re only cutting a capillary, not a vein, much less an artery. There´s not much pressure there because its diameter is literally microscopic. It only takes a few wayward blood cells to block it. Even if you were to mimic the wrist slashers and lie in a tub of warm water, you would still probably not succeed.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Question for you:

Why do Americans drive on a different side of the road than Europeans?

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You could probably kill a mouse like that, but not a human. It is actually notoriously difficult to take blood from a mouse. You can for instance pierce a bloodvessel behind the eye with a capillary. It happens to be a big one. And then you still don't have much blood.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

They don't. Mostly.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ha ha

20. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Seems Jaybee is still banned... I thought it was for one week?

21. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Dolph Lundgren threw a chair at my uncle and now he's dead. Can you recommend a good wood glue?

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

PVA and sawdust.

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Dear ToR,

About that goat thing going on in your avatar. How does that work?