AGONY AUNTIE ToR- problem resolution :)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Theoryofrelativity, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Why is the sky blue? What is the meaning of life? There is none? WOW! Amazing!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

do not give up your day job (when you get one)

meanwhile:

".........
    The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

As you look closer to the horizon, the sky appears much paler in color. To reach you, the scattered blue light must pass through more air. Some of it gets scattered away again in other directions. Less blue light reaches your eyes. The color of the sky near the horizon appears paler or white. "

quoted from web

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

The meaning of life is to live

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

LMFAO

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Very well, I have a question of some importance:

Why is it I can't find or use any device more harmful than a sonic bloody screwdriver? The Cybermen use lasers, Drashigs have great big bloody fangs and don't even get me started on the Daleks. Is there something preventing me from picking up a real weapon, and if so, is it tied in any way to my fear of intimacy?

I really think my question deserves a little rapid philosophical attention, as various beasties from the planet Voord have me backed into a corner and I'm all out of triple-A batteries.

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I see, the problem is complex and relates to your sexual desire for your mother and love of beetroot. Now while beetroot is very healthy it does play havoc when combined with an unnatural love lust for ones own mother. I thus reccomend that you masturbate 6 times a day while looking at a picture of Madonna, before and after each meal.

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

geoff, you did ask!

11. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

But that's begging the question! I demand you speak with God and provide me with an answer. NOW!

12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Ok God says that you are in need of very special attention, the white, tight, restrictive sort of attention

Only joking.............he says

............ the meaning to your life is within you, you will note as your traverse your life that certain questions that arise in your own mind find answers through situations that manifest around you. Note how and when this occurs and you will discover your life's meaning.

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I could use some of that

I wonder what would happen if I never found the meaning and never fulill it. I wonder if it is affects how others fulfill theirs :bugeye:

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Madonna? You must be bloody joking. I suppose I could go back in time and pick up the real thing...it could solve my issues while saving the world from a more domestic danger. Besides I could only manage five times a day at my current regenerative state anyway.

And as for the violence issue...any thoughts? I only ask as the door appears to be breaking in.

15. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

You are fulfilling it , you are just unaware of what it is you are fulfilling

we all are.

16. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I find when in violent situations that nothing works better than a banana, squash this purposefully and directly into the eye of the cyclops (or whatever).

17. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i hate my mother in law.
    what do you suggest?

18. illuminatingtherapy Initiate of The Universe Registered Senior Member

ToR, my question is one about psychology.

I work in a supermarket, and have discovered that as long as there is one person in the queue, others will follow. It actually seems like they want to be in the queue, but as soon as they have to wait a minute or two, the become upset and irritated, although they didn't have to get in the queue in the first place, they just did because they saw that there were other people there. Why is that?

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hmm, do you know, I just so happened to have one in my pocket. Strangest thing, really. I'll have a jab at it and let you know how it goes.

Nothing Freudian in that, of course.

20. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Respect that she is your wifes mother and treat her with the respect, other than that avoid her at all costs.

21. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Perhaps I could try? My theory is most people are afraid to take initative or to be assertive. Afraid of failure is the root of the problem.

Now, what would ToR say is the answer?

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Poeple are like birds who like to flock together and cattle who like to be in herds. Safety in numbers. They a e drawn to the queue with the people already in it automatically and without thinking, but when they do apply thought, reason kicks in, and it's frustrating to them that they made that choice.

Crowds draw crowds

I have had lots of fun with this sort of thing in the past and used it to my advantage to draw trade.

Meanwhile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_psychology

"An early explanation of collective behavior was formulated by French sociologist Gabriel Tarde, who relied on two main concepts: "imitation" and "innovation". Tarde initiated the "group mind" concept, taken up by social psychologist Gustave Le Bon. According to Le Bon’s contagion theory, crowds exert a hypnotic influence over their members through collective suggestibility. Shielded by the anonymity of a crowd, people abandon personal responsibility and surrender to the contagious emotions of the crowd. A crowd thus assumes a life of its own, stirring up emotions and driving people toward irrational, perhaps violent, action. However, according to Tarde's sociology, leaders exerced a fundamental influence in the organization of spontaneous crowds into "corporations" (the Church, the State, the Army, the University, the Party, etc). Thus, Tarde or also William McDougall would distinguish spontaneous crowds and organized and institutionalized crowds. However, according to this theory, whether spontaneous or organized, crowds are related through a special bond (hypnotism or imitation) with charismatic figures. Tarde would also think about public opinion, considering modern crowds to be organized through mass media. He thus prefigured Marshall McLuhan's famous thesis on the "message is the medium"."

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

This is also correct, an empty pay desk may imply that the operator is off duty, cashing up, absent. Thus they go where they are sure they will be served, as you say Ab, afraid of failure. Very good.