Aghori sect of Hinduism.

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by rcscwc, Jul 21, 2011.

1. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

Aghori sect of Hinduism.
    It is also called Aghor Panth.
    Sect was founded by Kinaram. Aghoracharya Baba Keenaram was born on Aghor Chaturdashi (Bhadrapad) in 1601 CE at Ramgarh village of Varanasi district of Uttar Pradesh state of India. K8inram is definitely considered a great sage.

Philosophy

Kinaram founded most of his teachings in ancient philosophies. Aghori, like any other Hindu, do believe in life-birth cycle and seek to attain liberation from that. The philosophical thoughts are are founded on ancient Indian philosopy. They believe in five elements, karma theory, hell and heaven. The major deviation is that they believe in the Supremacy of Mother Goddess. She is held to be the Creator [can't fault them here].
    They rever Sati, the consort of Shiva who immolated here-self in the sacred fires of Her father. All Hindus revere Her, btw. Shiva took Her body on His shoulder and started His Tandava Dance, dance of destruction. Vishnu got worried, so followed Him and released His discus repeatedly. Sati's head fell on a spot, later elevated as a power spot. It is in Baluchistan, Pakistan, and is known as Shri Hinglu Mata [mother] place. Aghoris take Hinglu Devi as their inspiration.
    Aghooris are feared, yet respected, as they are supposed to have extra-ordinary powers. It is believed that they can grant a boon or place a curse. They believe in living their HELL here and NOW. To that extent they do not observe any dietary taboos of a a lay Hindu. They are reputed to eat the most UNEATABLE. Rotting meat is ok by them. Even human flesh is OK. BUT, they do not kill for food. Such flesh is like living a hell, here in this life. They claim that they are MOST qualified for Liberation.

But as I said, lay Hindus fear to offend them, but do not, and cannot, follow such an extreme philosophy.
    Their chief monastery is in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is more or less a closed place. Beyond their philosophy, nothing is known about them authentically.The monks who go out [and roam] are quite tight mouthed about their practices.

PS: I never encountered an Aghori monk.
    But you do not know. I can cure a snake bite, PROPVIDED the victim is brought ALIVE to new. Secret was given a monk, who may or may not have been an Aghori, but was VERY rational..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. murdoch Simply Psychic! Registered Senior Member

I have read about them that they are tough worded people at most of times. They are quite hard to please. And can get annoyed very quickly. Their ways of worshiping are also quite tough to follow for common man.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. praveen Registered Senior Member

I have seen a few aghoris in and around crematoriums or shamshan ghats [place where last rites are performed]. They are usually under influence of alcohol or charas/ganja.
    They do not communicate openly with you and keep to themselves. I have heard from my elders that they can command spirits to do their bidding.

@OP: How do you cure a snakebite. could you enlighten me?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. diverightindia Registered Member

are these the same people who rub ash from dead bodies on themselves?

8. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

First, you must know a lot about snakes, plus human mind. Else no ponit in telling.

9. Kumar Registered Senior Member

"If a human body weighing one hundred and fifty pounds were cremated and perfect combustion obtained, the ashes would weigh about one and one-half pounds. This represents the mineral constituents of the body, the rest comprising water, oil, albumen, starch and sugar. These ashes are composed of twelve mineral salts, three salts of potash, three salts of soda, three salts of lime, one each of magnesia and iron, and the remaining one silica"

http://www.henriettesherbal.com/eclectic/journals/elth1909/01-tissue-rem.html

10. sigurdV Registered Senior Member

Theres nothing philosophical here- Its bad science mixed with religion.