Africa's Curse

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by J.B, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to illustrate your ignoranace for everyone on sciforums. Can you please the name the species and and locational region of a domesticateable animal idigneous to Africa? The few domesticateable animals brought over by Europeans isn't abundant enough to influence or assist the idigenous poplulations. On only exist in mi-nute numbers. That's why cattle is worth more then gold in indigenous africa. But the demand is high, and the supply is low. But your hateful mind is to pre-occupied with trying to use a superirority crutch, fufill your warped emotional needs.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

HITLER!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Baron Max:

Quite a few, as it happens. Check it out. Remember Slobadan Milosevic, to take just one example at random.

And there was some guy named... what was it... Hitler? Can you think of any others, children? There's at least one more really obvious one.

What are you talking about? What's this "millions of years" rubbish about?

Yes, it does.

Maybe it's time you educated yourself about the problems in Africa.

Maybe it's time you educated yourself, full stop. It's like you live in some kind of cocoon.

What complete crap.

You're an uneducated redneck. Your "arguments" aren't news to me. If I want the same racist crap slightly less filtered, I can get it from J.B. You take pride in staying ignorant and flaunt your unwillingness to educate yourself or put any effort into finding out the truth. But I can't uneducate myself for your benefit, Baron.

What the fuck's wrong with you?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

You accuse someone of ignorance before making THE most ignorant comment I personally have ever read on sciforums.
    Do you think moo cows, pink piggys and wooly sheep were living wild in europe waiting for people to farm them?
    Domesticating animals is a process which begins with wild animals, much like those on the african continent. Africans just never did it.
    They're all "domesticatable", every last one of them. There'd be no point in domesticating pangolins or aardvarks but buffalos, zebra, antelope, wild dogs, even elephants all could have been domesticated for agricultural applications.

8. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Thank you for giving me the opportunnity to showcase your pervasive stupidity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_Germs_and_Steel

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 IT'S A KNOCKOUT LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! DING DING DING!

9. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

By far the stupidest Doctor I've had the unfortunate pleasure of comming across! What are you a Doctor of? Mythology?

10. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

You're out of your depth faggot.
    That quote is a flagrant crock of shit. None of the current domestic animals started out "docile".
    I can immediately destroy your bullshit by pointing to the fact that buffalo and elephants have been domesticated in asia.
    Evidently, having a boner for minorities doesn't make you an expert on anything but your own boner.

11. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Tamed and Domesticated are two different things retard. Geezus, haven't you made a fool of yourself enough already. Can you even read?

12. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

http://cla.calpoly.edu/~jlynch/Elephants.htm

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And has the white man stopped doing things for himself and sat back and complained to the rest of the world about it? And do we continue to blame Hitler and others for all of the white man's problems? Or did the white man pick himself up and go back to work making something of himself?

We, you, can't keep making excuses for the blacks of the world. At some point, they're just gonna' have to suck it up and get back into the game. ...unless their game actually is to beg and plead from the white man for the rest of their lives.

Baron Max

14. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Domesticated animals are animals which have been tame long enough to form populations of animals which differ from their wild counterparts.
    To suggest no animals in africa could be domesticated is patently false.

See this is just a retarded comment since all of those animals fit those criteria, except for docile which is a retarded criteria because none of the domestic animals descend from "docile" wild animals.
    It contradicts itself by admitting they can be tamed, if they're tamed they're sufficiently docile.
    And it's also a flat out lie that those animals can't be bred in captivity. Which is irrelevant for farming purposes anyway since primitively farmed animals live wild.
    Animals actually became domesticated before they were tamed.
    Early cattle were rowdy wild beasts which needed to be tracked down and brought down with large dogs. They were "domesticated" and belonged to a farmer, but they didn't realise it and they were for all intents and purposes wild bovids
    Wildebeest are begging for this kind of domestication, it would be incredibly simple. From there the more docile ones could be favoured and a toned down line could be bred.
    It was a long process to get cows, pigs and sheep, and it started with animals which bear no significant differences to those found in africa.

It's the lamest cop out excuse for why africans never developed agriculture, relying on flat out lies and fallacies and no one should take it seriously for a second.
    For the record I don't think they need an excuse.
    They just never needed to develop that behaviour. But it was definately them not doing it, not anything to do with the animals, many of africa's animals could be domesticated. It would actually be easier to get the "agriculture ball" rolling in sub saharan africa than it would be anywhere else in the world.
    That would be a better excuse - hunting was never a problem, they knew where the animals were and were perfectly content with following migrating herds and hunting them.

Ganymede is the worst kind of idiot.
    Does he have an interest in agriculture or a fundamental understanding of it at all? No, but he's adamantly telling everyone how things work.
    Coincidentally they always work in the most negro-flattering way possible.

Moron. This level of idiocy is what should get banned, really. Being blinded by negro-love, not just declaring your negro-love.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, that's incorrect.
    Goats and sheep were the first animals to be domesticated in the ancient world, and were eventually followed by the other big farm animals of today. All of them were used at first for their meat, but they all prove useful in other ways, especially with the invention of the plough. Before the industrial revolution, beasts of burden were the most powerful machines on the planet. A horse or an ox, harnessed to a plough, could transform the productivity of the land, allowing farmers to grow more food and feed more people. In New Guinea and many other parts of the world, people never used ploughs because they never had the animals to pull them.

There are nearly two million known species of wild animals, but the vast majority has never been farmed. Most insects and rodents are of no practical use to humans, and not worth the effort of farming. Some birds, fish and reptiles have been domesticated, but most are simply impractical to farm. So are most carnivores, not because they’re dangerous
    but because you’d have to grow other animals just to feed them. The best animals to farm are large, plant-eating mammals. And over the years, humans have probably tried to domesticate all of them, usually without success. Despite repeated efforts, Africans have never domesticated the elephant.

In South Asia, some elephants are used as work animals. But they’re not farmed for the purpose. Instead, each elephant is caught in the wild and then tamed and trained. It doesn’t make economic sense to farm an animal that takes some 15 years to mature and reach an age where it can start reproducing.

There is another crucial requirement for a domestic animal. It needs to get along with humans. Some animals don’t have the temperament to live on a farm. A zebra could be an ideal domestic animal, potentially as useful as a horse. But evolving in the midst of Africa’s great predators, zebras have become flighty, nervous creatures. They have a vicious streak that humans have been unable to tame. That may be why zebras have never been harnessed to a plough or ridden into battle.

Goats, sheep, pigs, cows, horses, donkeys, Bactrian camels, Arabian camels, water buffalo, llamas, reindeer, yaks, mithans, and bali cattle. Just 14 large domestic animals in 10,000 years of domestication. And where did the ancestors of these animals come from? None was from New Guinea, or Australia. Or Sub-Saharan Africa, or the whole continent of North America. South America had the ancestor of just one large domestic animal; the llama. The other 13 were all from Asia, North Africa and Europe. And of these, the big four livestock animals; cows, pigs, sheep and goats, were native to the Middle East. The very same area that was home to some of the best crops in the world was also home to some of the best animals. Little wonder that this area became known as the Fertile Crescent.

More:
    http://www.pbs.org/gunsgermssteel/show/transcript1.html

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

"White people" cannot take credit for the inventions of a few, or the favorable conditions in which their civilization developed. Blacks are living their lives like anyone else, but if white people make conditions intolerable, they will survive any way they can.

17. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I've read guns germs and steel and it's just bullshit. It's the kind of book JamesR would write, not objective science by any stretch of the imagination.
    Zebras living amongst predators doesn't mean anything, so did the ancestors of horses, cattle, sheep, goats and pigs. Europe and asia used to have just as many wild predators as africa.
    The early days of agriculture in europe involved "flighty" wild animals, not only were they heavily hunted animals they were hunted by humans and saw them as their natural predator.
    Really farming is just like hunting. There's a "predator" with a territory stocked with prey animals.
    For the first thousand years of agriculture the animals farmed were scared of people and would run when they saw them, and the people still had to "hunt" them down.
    This isn't a hurdle for agriculture getting started. If it was nothing ever would have become domesticated. There's never been wild animals which weren't likely to run away from people. What kind of magic fantasy land do you think eurasia was?
    Over a long period of time cows, pigs, horses et al have become more and more docile and "domesticated".
    The idea that they were always docile and easy to control and oblivious to the danger posed by a human is just so ridiculous it doesn't pay to think about it.

Oh, and african buffalo are farmed today by white farmers in africa.
    Really, any reasonable person could see straight through this transparent attempt to explain away anything which (it is feared) could justify racism.
    I hate the idea that we need to lie in order to "make out" like black people are equal to whites.
    We don't. We should just accept the differences and work towards dispelling the idea that developing agriculture makes a race better, not say "oh they would have, but the animals man, they're like too mean, yeah they were thinking they might start up some farms but nah, those animals are badass and wouldn't hear of it".
    They didn't need to, it never happened to come up. It's that simple.
    Stop making childish excuses, they show an insecurity. It reveals you're "worried" people will "find out" blacks aren't as good, which infers that is what you believe.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Unique agriculture was created in New Guinea, the llama was domesticated in South America. But, if you read Guns, Germs and Steel, you would know all about it. We did not necessarily dominate animals into domestication, but they helped by domesticating themselves in many cases. Even now wild dogs tend to hang around people, and the ones that fear humans the least survive to spread their genes around, leading to dogs that live peaceably around humans.

As do the Bushmen:
    The Bushmen are often thought of as desert dwellers, though they used to occupy nearly all of southern Africa. For at least 25,000 years they have hunted and gathered on the subcontinent, probably spreading throughout much of sub-Saharan Africa. About 2,000 years ago Bantu-speaking farmers started migrating south from West Africa in search of new land. Clearly the Bushmen's hunting and gathering areas became increasingly under pressure. The situation was accelerated by the arrival of the Boers at the Cape in the 17th century. With the Boers taking land for farming in the south and the Bantus expanding to the north, the conventional view is that the Bushmen had insufficient land to survive.

However, more considered research suggests that the Bushmen were not trapped in the stone age, incapable of anything apart from hunting and gathering, as many maintain. It seems that they did engage in trade, and even mined copper to sell to surrounding peoples. They traded extensively, and acted as hired guns for some of the first professional hunters who came to deplete the continent's game. Their demise came from their active resistance to developments forced upon the area by the colonial state, in particular its policy on land acquisition by settlers, and the coercion of the local labour force.

But that's what I'm trying to say. Agriculture was implemented where it worked. The common domestic animals originated in the Middle East due to geography. and spread around due to their particular advantages in particular environments. I'm not making any excuses, I'm just refuting your misconceptions about domestication.

19. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

....and that would be exactly what percentage of all the sub-saharan africans in the world?

20. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

http://abc.net.au/animals/program2/factsheet1.htm

Please Dr..... Link sources that support your theories!

21. Bells Staff Member

Isn't that what you, JB and the other flagrant racists are doing in this thread and so many others? You, as white men, are complaining about others impacting on the lives of white men (as you seem to see it) and you just keep on complaining to the rest of the world about it. You created the problems in third world countries after you left them high and dry and now you are complaining to the rest of the world for the shithole you created. If you and your other little redneck racist buddies feel that something should be done about what you deem to be the 'black problem', then shut the fuck up and do something about it instead of whining like the pack of rabid bitches that you are. I am so sick of the racist ideology who blame the blacks for blaming the whites. God damn you people need to get a life. You hate blacks? Fine. They probably hate you just as much and with good reason. You think the white man does not blame Hitler? Look to Germany and see how much they blame him for the problems they are now having with the rising numbers of white supremicists.

It was the white man that has created the culture of begging in Africa and just about all third world countries. It's your way of having kept them in their place in the past and it's now coming back and biting you in the arse. I'd suggest you literally look back in history and at colonisation and the damage it has done to just about every country it has touched before you start carrying on and on about the 'us and them' factor. Every single country that the white folks have tried to colonise and then simply left after they had plundered everything they could plunder out of the land, is still suffering from 'whitey's' interference. South America, parts of Asia and South East Asia, countries in Africa. You created the problem that you are bitching about today.

And as for the white man making something of himself. Prove it? Prove to me that the white men have done something for themselves. Because from where I'm sitting, all I'm seeing is how you have destroyed the land and continue to do so. The environment is screaming due to how the 'white man has done something for themselves'. The extinction rate has sky rocketed by how well the white man has done something for themselves. Cancer, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, all of it and more is rising amongst the western world because of how well the white man has done something for themselves. So please Baron. Next time all you racist little shits start bitching about how bad Africans have it, just remember how bad you have made it for them and also for yourselves, because you as white men have made something for yourselves. Next time you see the horrendous smog that plagues every city in America, just pat yourself on the back and say 'I as a white man contributed that damn smog' and feel proud. Because I can assure you, when I see how domesticated animals released into the wild have destroyed the environment of the country I live in, I do remind myself how well the white men have done for themselves. In the meantime, just remind yourself that the white man has had a huge hand in creating "Africa's Curse" and that destructive 'helping' hand keeps ensuring that the 'curse' continues today and into the future. After all, you've plundered their land of all their riches, left it desolate and then expect them to simply 'suck it up'? Please, you did it in Africa, you did it in Asia and you continue to do it today in the countries you have recently decided to occupy. Iraq and Afghanistan is being touched by the hand that created the African Curse. You can praise yourself that's something you as white men have done as well.

I apologise for the language but honestly, you people are pathetic. You carry your racism as though it's a banner of pride when all it shows is that you're a bunch of weak unintelligent shits. You don't like blacks? Create a little camp where just whites are allowed and live there and fester in your hate of others because their colour is different to your own. Tell your Government that you refuse to pay any more tax because you don't want your money to leave the hands of the white man, just in case it goes to welfare or to charity which might provide aid to someone who has dark skin. Pray to whatever it is you believe in that you never need an organ transplant because the organ you receive, if you get it, might just come from a black person, and frankly you wouldn't deserve it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  22. leopold Valued Senior Member

well shit dr. lou let's hear it for the white man:
    the white man stole the blacks away from their homeland, their families, and crammed them into slave ships that had just enough room to lay prone. put them out to sea for 3 or 4 months while the blacks laid in their own excrement 1000s died as a result. yes the white man rules. the white man executed millions of jews in hideous, tortuous conditions. yes the white man rules. the white man developed nuclear weapons and proceeded to fry 200,000 people with it. yes the white man rules.

the facts are plain dr. lou.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  23. J.B Banned Banned

The black African "human".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.