Afghanistan Politics Pre-9-11

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Calvin, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Calvin Teach the americans!! Registered Senior Member

what was the system of government in afganhistan before 9-11?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

the same as it was after 9-11 , or did you meen before the americans invaded?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. maven Registered Member

what was it before the americans invaded?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

The system of government before the americans invaded was one that did not help make america richer... unlike now... their presidednt is a puppet and helps the us economy...

OK now i'll take off my wise ass hat and be seriouse...

Before america invaded and shot all the talibanis afganistan was run by a government of war lords...

8. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

It was roughly an anarchy. Or rather one side, the theocratic ones, won before the USA invaded. It was kind of anarchic before that, after the Russians pulled out.

9. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

It was run by war lords most of whom were in the opium business. Today, despite having elections, Afghanistan is still run by war lords and the opium business is bigger than ever.

The current puppet president Hamid Karzai won the election because he was preferable to intensified Civil war and he was running against creeps and the US did whatever they could to make sure e won. Hamid Karzai and Zalmay Khalizad worked for Unocal during the Clinton years. Karzai was Unocal's ambassador to the Taliban. Unocal controlled the USA's Afghanistan policy during the Clinton years. The fact the Bush chose Karzai to be president of Afghanistan indicates the Unocal may still be a dominant force in Afghanistan.

While the core of the Taliban were extreme Islamic fundamentalist "reformers" backed by Pakistan's ISI, the majority of Talibans forces followed various warlords who could switch sides in a civil war based on a whim. The core Taliban were harsher against drugs, crime, womens rights, music, and heresy than the various war lords and Americans are.

Now the Warlords and their rogue exCIA friends can freely traffic their opium into Europe via their bases in Kosovo and into the USA via their new bases in the newly aquired narco republic of Haiti.