Aether Displacement

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by mpc755, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Well, the Aether would actually be propagating the frictionless superfluid in the first place, but what propagates the Aether's physics? I don't feel you need to give the Aether secondary propagation. Do you see what I mean, that's infinite regression? Anyway, I have a functional Aether model without adding things to it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Not supported by observation and measurement.

And another diversion.

More declarations. Still no support.

Are you going to keep this up?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mpc755 Banned Banned

Aether does not propagate the frictionless superfluid. Aether is the frictionless superfluid.

Aether is, or behaves similar to, a frictionless superfluid with properties of a solid.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mpc755 Banned Banned

Explain what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment.

In a double slit experiment, the particle travels a single path and enters and exits a single slit. It is the associated aether displacement wave which enters and exits both slits. The aether displacement wave creates wave interference upon exiting the slits. As the particle exits a single slit, it is this interference which alters the direction the particle travels. Detecting the particle causes a loss of coherence of the associated aether displacement wave, there is no wave interference, and the direction the particle travels is not altered.

8. wlminex Banned Banned

. . . one property of a solid is . . . . . mass . . . another is . . . . gravity . . . etc.

wlminex

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Another diversion.
    Support your claims and stop beating around the bush.

10. mpc755 Banned Banned

Now it makes sense to me. You have your own theory. Then start your own thread.

In Aether Displacement, the aether IS the frictionless superfluid with properties of a solid.

11. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

OK, but if I had the same theory as you I wouldn't need to read the thread.

12. wlminex Banned Banned

MPC755:

Your "hypothesis" is:

"In a double slit experiment, the particle travels a single path and enters and exits a single slit. It is the associated aether displacement wave which enters and exits both slits. The aether displacement wave creates wave interference upon exiting the slits. As the particle exits a single slit, it is this interference which alters the direction the particle travels. Detecting the particle causes a loss of coherence of the associated aether displacement wave, there is no wave interference, and the direction the particle travels is not altered."

My "hypothesis" is:

"In slit experiments, light interacts with the edges of slits. The interaction actually 'refracts' those photons, electrons, etc. that 'hit' the very thin slit edges. Refraction is induced where photons hit very thin parts of the slit (ideally monoatomic +/-thicknesses). Photonic energy is transferred to outer electrons of the slit material atoms, boosting their (the atom's electrons) energy levels. As the electron energies fall-back to their 'normal' state, the excess energy is emitted as secondary photonic energy - probably of a frequency close (or harmonic?) to that of the impinging photon. So the poorly-understood "bending of light" around slit edges is dominantly a refraction process. The process does not work well when slit material thickness exceeds the ability of the impinging photon to penetrate the material completely. This explanation 'works for me' . . . no one has been able to explain this (light bending) ever since Young first discribed the diffraction phenomenon."

By the way . . . I am enjoying contemplating your ideas . . I just have a difference in explaining the "mechanism" . . . It could well be that your aether waves (rather than my photons) are interacting with slit material to produce the observations. I am open to others' interpretations.

wlminex

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  13. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

a quote from the same address,
    ... our present view of the universe presents two realities which are completely separated from each other conceptually, although connected causally, namely, gravitational ether and electromagnetic field, or as they might also be called space and matter.

Most of that address is a history of the aether/ether as Einstein saw it at the time. At the time the idea of the luminiferous aether of Lorentz was still well known, to his audience. It is still my interpretation that his final use of the word ether, in connection with GR, should be interpreted as equivalent to "space".

Since Einstein never explained how space and matter interact, just that they do and that it results in the curvature of space, suggesting that anything he said was an admission of an independent ether itself or that the curvature of space was in anyway a displacement of the ether by matter, is just putting one's own thoughts and words into his mouth.

Again, this just represents how I see and interpret that address.

14. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Fall is the season when the nuts fall from the trees and land here.

Rename the thread Crackpots 'R Us.

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yep.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Either that or an infectious agent in the air or water that finds it's way into the cranium. Once there, it destroys all the higher brain functions (like the ability to use logic and rational thought) and turns ordinary dolts into blathering idiots.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

What is obvious though is that these sorts of posts are on a lower pecking order than most other posts. Put posts into order of intelligence, and you get...

1/ Posts from Pincho (of course)
    2/ Posts including some reference to the Aether, and Einstein.
    3/ Posts from people who are pondering a scientific explanation of something.
    4/ Some new ideas that have to be thought about.
    5/ Posts like above that say nothing at all except waste a life.
    6/ Posts that make no sense at all.

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Items 1, 5 and 6 are the same.

18. wlminex Banned Banned

Good to read you again AlexG . . . I knew, if you were still alive, you'd show up here sooner or later!

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

In Re #5, which was my post: At least I offered you a way gracious way out of responsibility for your insanity. If you are so foolish as to not accept it, then you have only succeeded in digging your hole of ignorance even deeper. :shrug:

(Little wonder - none, actually - that you are down so deeply that you cannot see the light of truth.)

20. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

You reminded me that I forgot to put the weight lifting smiley in the list. You are interesting subjects in a way. You quickly run out of insults, and thinking that you are smart you tend to repeat the words of others who follow the insult strategy. The common ones are...

I could just say that Pixies did it.
    You are a fool, or foolish.
    Ignorance.
    Prove it.
    Crackpot.
    Crank.

Even if I were to write a computer version of it, it would be too simple. I find a neural network of ants would be more interesting. If only the people who drop in to insult others actually did it in a really intelligent way, and show some intelligent insults.

I find it most interesting that you feel safe to attack the Aether because it was dropped from science. It was science that came up with it, and the mention of it now brings out the attacks on that subject. In a few years time it will be people mentioning the Big Bang who get attacked. then the people who mention Quantum Physics get attacked. Then the people who mention Dark matter get attacked.

So you guys, who insult others, are the cranks of the future.

21. mpc755 Banned Banned

If you had the same theory as me you would be correct in understanding what occurs physically in nature to cause gravity and the observed behaviors in a double slit experiment and we could combine to figure out how to take this correct understanding of what occurs physically in nature to the next level.

22. mpc755 Banned Banned

It's not the interaction with the slit material which produces the interference pattern. It is the physical wave which exits both slits and creates wave interference after exiting the slits which alters the direction the particle travels as it exits a single slit which produces the interference pattern.

Louis de Broglie, the first person to understand wave-particle duality, understood wave-particle duality correctly. de Broglie understood the moving particle has an associated physical wave.

'Interpretation of quantum mechanics by the double solution theory - Louis de BROGLIE'
    http://aflb.ensmp.fr/AFLB-classiques/aflb124p001.pdf

"When in 1923-1924 I had my first ideas about Wave Mechanics I was looking for a truly concrete physical image, valid for all particles, of the wave and particle coexistence discovered by Albert Einstein in his "Theory of light quanta". I had no doubt whatsoever about the physical reality of waves and particles."

"In my view, the wave is a physical one..."

"This result may be interpreted by noticing that, in the present theory, the particle is defined as a very small region of the wave where the amplitude is very large, and it therefore seems quite natural that the internal motion rythm of the particle should always be the same as that of the wave at the point where the particle is located."

"I called this relation, which determines the particle's motion in the wave, the guidance formula. It may easily be generalized to the case of an external field acting on the particle."

"any particle, even isolated, has to be imagined as in continuous “energetic contact” with a hidden medium"

"If a hidden sub-quantum medium is assumed, knowledge of its nature would seem desirable. It certainly is of quite complex character. It could not serve as a universal reference medium, as this would be contrary to relativity theory."

The sub-quantum medium de Broglie is referring to is the aether. It is not a universal reference medium because a universal reference medium is the aether of Lorentz. The sub-quantum medium de Broglie is referring to is the aether of relativity. It is the aether of relativity because the state of the aether of relativity is determined by its connections with the matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places is the state of displacement of the aether.

A moving particle has an associated aether displacement wave.

In a double slit experiment the particle enters and exits a single slit and the physical wave enters and exits both. The physical wave creates wave interference upon exiting the slits. It is this interference which alters the direction the particle travels. Detecting the particle turns the associated aether wave into chop, there is no wave interference, and the direction the particle travels is not altered.

23. mpc755 Banned Banned

What I have figured out is what causes the condition of the state of the aether of relativity as determined by its connections with the matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places.

'Ether and the Theory of Relativity - Albert Einstein'
    http://www.tu-harburg.de/rzt/rzt/it/Ether.html

"the state of the [ether] is at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places, ... disregarding the causes which condition its state."

The state of the aether at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places is the state of displacement of the aether.

Curved spacetime is displaced aether.

Force exerted toward matter by aether displaced by matter is gravity.

A moving particle has an associated aether displacement wave.