Aeroplanes In Ancient India

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by kmguru, Mar 21, 2004.

1. kmguru Staff Member

I do not think one will find detail technical manual as to how to build advanced devices in any Vedas or ancient Indian text. The reasoning is that even if there was an advanced civilization comparable to today existed then - it has been documented in Ramayan and Mahabharat that great wars took place and based on certain descriptions, nuclear, neutron and other advanced weapons were used. So, after the world war, when mankind went back to the stone age - for a long perioid of time, there was no records written down. The information was passed on via human memory and speech.

After many generations, it is impossible to pass on detail technical knowledge of such devices. Try doing that with your kids about the detail design of the computer or LCD screen or microchip.

Unless we unearth some advanced devices, circuit boards, nano technology etc from a time capsule - here or on moon, we may not get anywhere....but fun to speculate.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. starex Registered Member

Dear Sir

Would you be so kind as to assist me in finding the following book;

“Aeronautics, a Manuscript From the Prehistoric Past”, was published in book form by Coronation press, Mysore, in 1973.

You mention an except from this document in your post but I cannot find any reference source or bookseller that has knowledge of it. Thank you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

8. kmguru Staff Member

UFOs and Vimanas - May be some automated systems are left behind with a few 5000 year hybernation chambers with people of the past from the remnants of Mahabharat War? This thread is not the place to talk about it - anyone wants to start a new thread in pseudoscience, go ahead.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Total bunk. Perhaps you wouldn't mind quoting the exact passages that demonstrate what you're claiming. Otherwise, it makes for a good episode of Stargate.

10. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

"This is a speculation only.." and "but fun to speculate."

Disregard my post above then. That's what I get for looking at the ends of threads...

But I noted in your opening post of this thread that you cited the Rig Veda as being "the oldest document of the human race."

Rig Veda dates to about 1500 BCE at the earliest, 1200 or so BCE at the latest.

Sumerian texts go back almost 2 millenia more. There are cunieform tablets of the Jemdet Nasr period of around 3000 BCE. Even Hammurabi's Law Code dates to around 1750 BCE and the Epic of Gilgamesh to around 2000 BCE. Both older than the Rig Veda.

Now the Indus Script of the Indus Valley civilization is an old script, if, indeed, it turns out to actually be a script. It dates to around 3200 BCE, when earliest hieroglyphs were being etched in Mesopotamia and Egypt, and developed more or less in parrallel to the Near Eastern writings as they emerged into cunieform.

11. kmguru Staff Member

Rig Veda as being "the oldest document of the human race."

You got me there...I should have qualified that with a "oldest living document". And talking about Sumerian Civilization at 3000BCE, so is Indus Valley Civilization at 4500 to 5000 BCE (www.sscnet.ucla.edu/southasia/ History/Ancient/Indus2.html), I am sure they can easily compete with the technology of that time - just as in a very few short years, India is competeing well in Computer Science. Over next 5000 years, a few years would not matter, which one is the oldest - it is more like splitting hair....

I suppose not all of us can speculate - it does take talent...

12. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Indeed. I would certainly agree with that.

Actually, I was only comparing the two cultures' writing technologies. I believe there were civilizations in place in each of the two regions at roughly the same period, there are cities in Mesopotamia that can be dated back at least as far. The earliest signs of agriculture appear along the Levant around places like Abu Harayra in the 6th millenium BCE.

I find the trade practices that occurred between the Fertile Crescent region and the Indus Valley to be most interesting. Many of the cities of the Indus Valley are named in Mesopotamian tablets, such as Meluhha, a Harrapan culture that appeared to supply woods like ebony, gold lapis, and ivory.

I admit, I have a difficult time with speculation...

13. kmguru Staff Member

I agree. I am thinking, there is no way people will remain isolated in one region and not go to another region connected by land over a hundred years span. Meaning, if a civilization sprang up in the west, then a comparable civilization will spring up in the near east and perhaps in China and Burma too - in short order.

Even Cambodia had connections through sea lanes long ago and perhaps, South America....

New research coming from India suggests that there are language similarities between Tamil and European Languages. When I have time, I could collect and post a few...There is a lot we do not know about the Dravidian culture then, which was perhaps the original Indus culture...

14. priyo Registered Member

hey, the indian institute of metals has developed alloys based on vymanika shastra formulae.

15. kmguru Staff Member

What does the alloy do? The properties and how that compares to the modern western formulation.

16. Gustav Banned Banned

17. VitalOne Banned Banned

"Gurkha flying in his swift and powerful Vimana hurled against the three cities of the Vrishis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousands suns, rose in all its splendor. It was the unknown weapon, the Iron Thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashesthe entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas." - The Mahabharat (Mausala Purva)

I think that's what's he's talking about...

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Amazing, how could they have known about objects used as projectiles, or lightning, or power, fire and smoke? Weren't they cow worshipping cave people that couldn't even put together a decent vindaloo till the 19th century?

19. Sushupti Saver of Babies Registered Senior Member

On this I'd like to mention that "Soma" was also possibly "your mind," as opposed to the traditional mushroom idea... If there's something I think we can all agree on about ancient india, is that those guys could do some funky things with their brains...

Gopi Krishna says this about soma in one of his books, by the way, not just me speculating. [He claims to have had a kundalini awakening himself, his description of it could be considered somewhat psychedelic.]

20. Rick Valued Senior Member

Debatable really. It is hard to believe though,But speed of light was exactly calculated looong before Newton did his stupid lantern experiment from mountain. I have a thread here describing that.

But the big point is that whats usefulness of such stuff? we are living in a period where knowledge like this can only help if it has specifics. All the stuff that has been written has filtered and re-written down the ages. all interpreted in other ways. I mean Kamasutra has 64 positions, but imagine this : the original kamasutra had 6000 chapters and more than 2000 positions described (i am not intending on a detour, in case you"re wondering). So naturally, what we are seeing is only partial truth...

And skinwalker, i the passage is there in mahabharat as it was rightly pointed out by someone here on the board.What that means is to be taken with a pinch of salt really; as even if the knowledge existed long time back, the usefull ness of such things matter the most, rather than vague debates about their actual existance. I mean we could argue achillies, we could argue about Zeus (which apparently is god of sun and is mentioned promptly in all hindu texts as well)...so...

21. VitalOne Banned Banned

Hey, if you want real scriptural evidence of Vimanas (or flying machines). You should reaad the Vymannika Shastra (the Science of Aeronautics) which you can now read online http://www.sacred-texts.com/ufo/vs/index.htm .

Its obvious that this was meant as a real-life manually, as it talks about food to eat while flying, clothes to wear, metals used to build Vimanas, etc.... It has details about yantras to construct and melting and heating. This Shastra only has enough details for one to construct Yantras to generate electricity and such, not enough to construct an entire Vimana (I think). But it is the most detailed text found on Vimanas to date.

This only increases the validity of Vimanas in the Mahabharata.

22. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Probably 50,000 years ago this happened. Regardless, I believe the Rig Veda.

23. kmguru Staff Member

I think there were two types of Vimanas. One was moving through air and other in deep space. For moving through air, all you have to do is ionize the air and run current through it which can create a force if you have the magnetic field strong enough for the item to move in the air.

For deep space...I do not think any kind of standard propulsion will work no matter how much thrust...you have to punch through space using some unknown mechanism. One of these days, someone will figure out to create either sometype of gravitational or magnetic force.