Aerial Burton 3D display projects images into mid-air

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Kittamaru, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

http://www.geek.com/science/pulse-laser-used-to-create-3d-display-in-mid-air-1608487/

That... is pretty damn cool if I say so myself! I have to wonder... if they can up the resolution, what are the effects on the nearby people? I know ozone (O3) isn't particularly good for you to breathe in... but I'd imagine this only causes minute amounts of it?

cosmictotem likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictotem Registered Senior Member

Do you know what this means? It means we will be able to project messages in the sky over long distances to many people at once! So if you have something you want to put up for sale in your local area to a mass of people and you have one of these devices, you can advertise it and tell people how to contact you and where to go without the need for an internet connection. This means, at least in your city or county, you won't need to pay for exorbitant internet fees to contact a large selection of people over a large distance.

The sky will be your bulletin board. We could probably work out a way to have a real time conversation in the sky between two or even more people. You just project your message next to someone else's with your unique avatar projected along with it.

Another look:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

so they ionize the air or do they ionize the gas emitted from the device?

How do they make sure that that pulse of laser ionizes only air at particular height?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

To be honest, I have no idea XD