Advertising on Sciforums

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Woody, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Has anyone ever considered allowing advertisements to offset costs?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

It's been tried before in a very low key way, but I think the problem with most Sciforumers is that they're either too poor or too cynical to pay heed to internet advertising.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

They'd rather pay out of pocket instead?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Considering that the target of a paltry $1100 hasn't even been reached after a good number of months and taking into account that a fair number of posters are pretty well off; not even that!

I don't believe that DaveW will allow full scale advertising on his forums, but I think that the target will be reached at the eleventh hour even if it means that one or a few posters will foot most of the balance.

8. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

My gosh! What's wrong with that business model? I know I'm a cheapskate, but Jeesh. I can start my own forum for free.

I'm thinking about starting a forum about forums. I know this forum is not the only one in a quandry regarding finances.

Considering how much time people spend on this forum, there has to be some economic value in it (the forum). I suppose leisure time could be considered free, but wow!!

I suppose if everyone had to ante up when they made a post, it might change their content.

Hey, just put a target on my back and let me run through here with a post knocking gay rights, where you have to pay to shoot. We'll get the money back in no time. The ole dunking booth routine.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  9. em.... Chaps?

Has no one noticed the advertisements for amzon.com here? I can assure you, it may take several minutes for the actual thread to load, but the ad's load sweet as you please....