Ads keep trapping me

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by invert_nexus, Apr 10, 2004.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I generally use a laptop with a touchpad to view this site. I use the scroll feature of the touchpad and I have noticed a tendency to get trapped by the ads at the top of the page. I am in the habit of moving to whitespace in a page as it is generally a non-link area. But here the ads look like hyperlinks, but actually are squares surrounding the entire text. This is no more than an annoyance really, and I suppose I can probably stop it now that I've figured out why I keep accidentally changing pages, but it's something you might think about.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

can i suggest getting a laptop-mouse?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

no, I prefer not dragging around a seperate piece of hardware. The touchpad works quite well. I will use a mouse for games or something I need more precision with. But for web surfing the touchpad is perfect.

or rather, you can suggest, but I choose not to take the suggestion

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Alas, I can't do anything about it - the ads are run by Google. And I'm not taking them down since they're the only financial support the site receives.

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You can't put some type of border around them? I guess that would tend to make them look uglier on the page. No worries, I'll adapt.

9. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

That would reduce click-through ratio.