Adieu Signatures.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Stryder, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Porfiry, I'm probably the onlyone you mentioned it too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I thought I would put the post forwards to point something out to everyone because I understand why you said what you said.

Porfiry asked me to "Kill my signature", not completely, but to a few lines and NO IMAGES.

I believe it's down to recent problems with Bandwidth and personal attacks through signatures that has cause Porfiry to respond in such a manner.

(It sure is a pity, I liked my signature, my image was held on my server, it was just a bunch of HTML that made it a little longer to format it.)

Admittedly I know that Porfiry would be suffering a Bandwidth strain, as I once servered that signature image on another server that only had 3GB's bandwidth per month. Halfway through the month, that server would be down as the bandwidth had been used up, just through the image alone being pulled at sciforums.

That means Porfiry your Gb limit is higher, and you use it up regularly. (Costly habit forums

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

So I've conformed to Porfiry's wishes, less in my signature and NO IMAGES. I just hope everybody else is responsible enough to conform too.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I recieved a similar request and cut mine down too. If it's not enough please tell me [porfiry].

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

aha,...so soooorry!

I didn't get any personal msg,
    but I'll not wait to adapt, I'll change it right away!

'( I liked My picture of mArs tough,.....boehoeoeee, snif, snif :'(

sorry Porfiry, Al that Trouble is due to me, I'll behave in the future,...but you have to understand: it was indeed because of others that I made it verry verry veeeeerry big,...it was a persiflage on some of the other members's sig's,...

but that doesn't save Bandwith no,...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

It's not a matter of bandwidth. It's more or less purely for aesthetic reasons.

It's a bit silly to have a signature that's larger than the messages you post. I've seen other forums where a persons' signature takes up an entire screenful of space. Yes, it's a burden on the server, but it's more of a burden on the other members. The restrictions are in keeping with the generally minimal and sober sciforums aesthetic.

And Stryder, you're definitely not the only one I've asked.