ADD/ADHD is a fraud

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Zeno, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Kadark Banned Banned

Kids are changing because parents are becoming far too apathetic, and are assuming more of a friendship role rather than an authoritarian, disciplinary role. If and when I have kids, I can assure you that they'll be doing exactly as I say. Fuck Ritalin or whatever is used to diagnose ADD/ADHD - my two hands can solve any such problem, without the expenses.

The best step to parenting is to put appropriate fear in your kids' hearts. Let them know that when they act up, a belt is never far away.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Have you read any posts in this thread so far?
    Some of these children can't help not being able to pay attention; they cannot help their impulsivity. And you think you're going to 'magically' cure their physical chemical imbalance with a belt?
    Granted most children are wired and have the attention span of a dog anyway, but it's your job as a parent to discern if your child is just acting normally or if he/she does have a condition.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I have ADHD, I dont think its a joke at all. I however didnt take medication for it for a long time, I just started taking it again because of college, I feel like it helps me focus, but i dont need it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Remember when they used to beat their kids to cure them of being left handed?

8. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

What meds are you taking? While I can get by w/o my meds, they sure do help. I'm sure you can relate, but my mind is always going at full speed. It's like trying to control a fire hose on full throttle. But my brain involuntarily going at full speed all the time just mentally drains me. My meds actually slows my brain down a bit and takes the load off.

Like I've said. Common sense isn't very common.

9. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

so the best way is to let your kids fear you?

i am not overly stricked with my two boys but they know that if they step out of line i will ground them, take things away, and on ocassion slap them, i will never want my child to fear me AT ALL!

that will just lead to problems later in life for them. has soon as they reach 16 they are going wild, and frankly i dont want that to happen.

so lets all beat our ADHD/ADD kids instead of the PROPER help they need and also the families need!

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

Would have, or actually did? Do you have any evidence whatsoever that ADHD/ADD was as prevalent 100 years ago, but undiagnosed?

I don't recall Charles Frikking Dickens meeting so many kids with ADHD/ADD that he felt he had to include one in his stories!

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no i dont, of course i dont!

however charles frikkin dickens was a clot! what about the work houses these kids used to get put in? they did somthing wrong and they were locked up for years in work houses working of they're debt to society!