Action Notes v.1.CR

Discussion in 'Comparative Religion' started by Tiassa, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This thread contains action notes pertaining to the Comparative Religion subforum. Included are post edits and deletions, thread deletions and transfers, and other major actions undertaken by the moderators. Warnings and suspensions will be noted, though not necessarily by name.

Spam thread deletions will not be included in this record.

The thread serves as a record for the membership to observe. It is closed to comment; any inquiries or criticism should be directed to the acting authority via Private Message. The administration may, on occasion, override the moderator, but the reverse simply does not happen. If an action is taken by a higher authority, the lower authority cannot directly override that decision.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Thread closure

• "Answers ,to ,7 Questions ,on ,Islam" — Thread closed as spam.

Note: Members are reminded that commercial spam results in immediate cancellation of member posting privileges. Non-commercial spam, while it does not bring instant expulsion from the community, still does not please us.

When people copy and paste widely-distributed information and post it at Sciforums, there is a strong chance that we will consider the post spam. As with all resources, if one offers interpretive content, credits quotes, and brings some sense of analysis to the reproduced material, we have no general objections. But simply stitching together word-for-word reproductions and excerpts of widely-posted material as an essential advertisement for a cause or philosophy is the sort of behavior that will very easily snare our attention.

Members are encouraged, in terms including their very membership in the community, to avoid posting spam.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Redirect

• "Eid mubarak everyone!" — Thread redirected to Religion.

Note: I have no general objection to the thread; it just isn't much along the lines of a comparative religion discussion.

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Thread closure

• "Which religion has the lead?" — Thread closed for digression.

Note: It was probably a troublesome omen from the moment that thread, three years dormant, came alive again. In truth, I just don't feel like deleting that many off topic posts. Plus, this way I don't have to argue with myself about whether or not to issue any warnings for off topic posting.

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Thread closure

• "Your Feedback" — Thread closed and unstuck; it's obsolete.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Post merge

• "why muslims fast the islamic way?, and how their fasting services the human Good?" — Ten posts merged.

Note: In the first place, please don't post consecutively over a short period. It's one thing if the discussion doesn't progress before your next post, but ten posts over the course of mere minutes in order to be condescending just isn't helpful. Please see Section F of the current Forum Rules, Regulations and Recommendations (v.2.3; June, 2007). I'm tempted to strike several posts related to the above merge as off topic, insulting, or otherwise useless, but it would be a futile gesture. I don't know, can we at least pretend to be intelligent?

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Moderator Review

• "The Empty Words of Factless Claims, such as the xyz force" — Discussion suspended for moderator review. Will return to general circulation shortly. Stay tuned for updates.

Update: Twenty posts deleted under the rubric of being off topic. It would have been easier to simply close the thing and file it away in The Cesspool. The thread is returned to general circulation.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.