Accused Murderer

Discussion in 'World Events' started by truestory, Nov 8, 1999.

1. truestory Registered Senior Member

Anyone living in or near Atlanta, Georgia...

A very strange thing happened last night. A friend of the family, (male, around 24 yrs old) who had been living in the Atlanta area for the past few years, visited my home and told my family that he was out on bail from Atlanta - accused of the murder of his female house-mate.

He claims that her body was found (around October 17) and that he was brought in for questioning the next day. He says that he was charged with the murder... that the police believe he was motivated by jealousy and racism (he is white, she is white, and was dating a black male). He was working in a nightclub and she was a topless dancer. They lived together and supposedly had a close platonic relationship. He also claims that he spent 8 days in jail, was arraigned for the murder, bailed out by his parents, suffered pre-judgement by his neighbors and co-workers and then was given permission to leave the State of Georgia on or around October 26.

Has anyone heard of a case similar to the one he described?

He said that the case was all over the news in that area. I searched the internet and found nothing other than a story about the body of a young woman being found (similar to what he described) on October 17th... but, the article said that she had been missing since December...???

Any information or sites that you could point me to relating to his story would be greatly appreciated.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Where exactly have you looked? I'd hate to rehash any old material.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. truestory Registered Senior Member

Well, since he said that the story was plastered all over the news, I used various search engines to find and search the October archives of as many Atlanta, Georgia (and surrounding area) news publications as I could find. I also searched Atlanta TV and radio station websites and the Atlanta Police Department's web page. I sent an e-mail to the Atlanta Police Department last night and have not heard back yet... tap, tap, tap, tap...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

I dunno, truestory - sounds pretty fishy to me. What's your 'gut' feeling? I'd go with that. Be cautious, it sounds like there's something really WRONG with that story.

8. truestory Registered Senior Member

Thanks, SkyeBlue...

Strange... A few minutes ago, just as I was reading an e-mail response from a lieutenant at the Atlanta Department of Police (ADP), the accused called from a number listed as United States Government (I am in my office, alone today - of course I didn't tell him that - he said that he wanted my son's number at work)... The ADP needed another piece of information, which I gave them, in order to search the public records for me. This is giving me the creeps, so I am being cautious... I'm getting the feeling that this would more appropriately belong under the "Conspiracies and Paranoia" topic...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thanks again!

9. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

<<shudder>> Ick. Yah, somethings definitely not right about all that. Be careful, true' - I'd sure miss arguing with you all the time if something bad happened.

10. truestory Registered Senior Member

Hah! SkyeBlue,

God willing, there are a few people here who I would be sure to make contact with after I'm gone...

11. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

Heh, look out Boris! True' is going to haunt your butt! ROFL!

12. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

13. faerieshaman killer of terrorists Registered Senior Member

Yes Truestory the story is true...be on your guard with this guy there was another topless dancer found dead after this killed in some manner but police said it wasn't same guy but we think it sounds fishy. We are in Atlanta and have been hee since 98 Just be very careful. You're fun to talk too Would miss our conversations

------------------
    Eric Cooper

14. truestory Registered Senior Member

Thanks, fairieshaman.

Do you happen to know of any newspaper articles that I could pull up on the web so that I can read about this?

15. faerieshaman killer of terrorists Registered Senior Member

the paper here is the Atlanta Journal constitution put that in keyword and im sure it'll link to their site i never go there so not sure what the web address is as we can buy the paper lol just chk archive stories

------------------
    Eric Cooper

16. truestory Registered Senior Member

Well, wouldn't you know it... That's one of the first sites I visited. Their archive is subbed-out to a company called "Stacks" and you have to pay for back-issues. The limited lead-in information does not give a clear picture of whether or not the articles are the ones you are looking for. I Guess I will have to order and pay for all the dailies around that time period... What a rip-off!!!

17. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

True' - You used to be able to call main branches of the local public library and request research for a small fee...I wonder if they still have newspapers on microfilm?? Or, if you have a relative or friend in the area, perhaps they can check the library for you.

Good luck on your search!

18. truestory Registered Senior Member

Thanks,

A lieutenant at the ADP searched the public record and informed me that it came up empty. Hmmmm....

19. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

Hey True' - did you ever get anywhere with this?? I'm just curious.

Hope you had a good Turkey-day!

20. truestory Registered Senior Member

Hi Skye!

Yes, I had a wonderful turkey day! Hope you had the same.

Sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't realize you had asked... Anyway, it seems as if the lieutenant was right on the mark when he indicated that Mr. (Blank) was having some twisted fun at our expense.

I am still being reasonably cautious, though. Thanks for asking!