Accounting irregularities at Bell Canada

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Success_Machine, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Success_Machine Impossible? I can do that Registered Senior Member

I just saw the news where Bell Canada screwed up someones pre-authorized payment to the tune of over $200. A month ago Bell Canada disconnected my phone service for the 4th time in 6 months for unknown reasons, and increased my DSL bill by 12 percent. I cancelled my Call Answer service and my bill is now $20 less per month, even though I thought the service was only costing me $7 per month.

Considering the problems with Nortel, Worldcom, etc. this is very suspicious, in fact IMO blatently fraudulent. Is anyone else out there having trouble with Bell Canada?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

my mom has her cell phone and her home phone on the same bill.... except she gets one bill for her phone + home and one for her home phone +cell. and so we keep getting out long distance shut off for not payng them.. i think most of its worked out now though.. i hope its done soon, im sick of using phone cards.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

When I was a teenager, just getting out on my own, I rented a 3 room apt. 3 light bulbs, 1 fan, a guitar amp and a refridge. I got a light bill for $1600! Like to have freaked. It was a case of misbilling and they quickly rectified it.

Have you ever noticed how many times you get billed for a call you didn't make? Somewhere that you don't know people? Happens all the time. I am constantly calling to get them to take off calls that no one made. This sounds like a bit of chicanary to me. It isn't once in a while, its every bill. Most of the time there are also directory charges in the bill. Me, I use the phone book and the internet directory not calling an operater to find out a number.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bachus Registered Senior Member

Well i've just recieved a phone bill of about $1200 (not canadion operator though), wonder what they'll come up with

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ps. i do not call that much

8. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

we usually get a ahandful of calls to detroit on the bill, but i used to just assume they were my b/f's calls, maybe now i will watch more closely.....

9. Bachus Registered Senior Member

Good news: my bill went from $1200 to $300

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

$300 is still quite a bill. I would hate to know that I would have to meet that every month. I think it is the monthly bill that I would hate the most.

11. Bachus Registered Senior Member

It's of 2 months and there are alot of international calls on it
    I just have to start talking to people who live closer i guess

12. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Me being in Germany, believe it or not, it's cheaper to call the U.S. than the twon five miles away.

13. Bachus Registered Senior Member

Yes wheter i call the USA or London it's the same price

Very weird stuff.