Absolute zero

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by Beaconator, May 27, 2021.

1. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Any intelligent 11yr old schoolchild knows that heat is just one of several forms of energy.

For an adult, who spends his time looking stuff up to post on a science forum, to ask such a basic question, is thus daft - or trolling.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

You misunderstand the post . I did not question if heat was a product of energy. I proposed a shorthand definition of absolute zero state, in context with the OP.

You see now that it is you who is diverting the conversation. You already agreed to the strict interpretation of the words. The rest is just empty bluster.

Is the statement correct, yes or no? Never mind the pedantry.

If not, I expect a productive answer other than useless derision. Calling me stupid does not establish truth. You agreed with the statement, what in hell is your problem, mister?

Is it possible that after 17,000+ posts, that I wish to share my thoughts on those subjects which are of general interest and under current discussion. Am I rude, or disrespectful, am I capable of making logical arguments?
    You are rude, disrespectful, and yes you are capable of making logical arguments.

I am confident that I am making a beneficial contribution to this site. That does not mean I claim perfection, I claim interest in the subject. That is not trolling, that is general participation in a constructive way. And you can stomp your foot and beat the table all you like, you are not going to shut me up. You are just making yourself less liked.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I have no wish to be liked by you. I wish you would stop fouling all the threads with random irrelevant stuff. Every discussion you join is immediately taken off-track.

Your question about what absolute zero is was already answered in this thread a while back. To repeat in different words, absolute zero is the temperature at which no more heat can be extracted, though some internal energy, for example zero-point energy, rest mass energy and chemical potential energy, can still remain. Your phrase "heat-producing energy" suggests that energy and heat are different things, so that is a rather confusing choice of words on your part.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

There is such a thing as endothermic reactions which suggests heat and energy are not the same thing. Thus we have different words for them.

if you want them to be the same I suggest you consult the Oxford academic dictionary