"Above Black"

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by kmc, Feb 6, 2000.

1. kmc Registered Member

Has anyone read the book "Above Black"? It is about Dan Sherman, who spent almost three years as an intuitive communicator while serving in the USAF. I just read it, and was amazed. I would love to talk about it, and hear what you have to say about the book. If you haven't read it yet, go to the homepage:
    http://www.aboveblack.com/pa107

I have also just put up my own page, with evidence of UFOs and aliens. I will constantly be updating it. Please feel free to visit at:
    http://udel.edu/~kmc

Thanks.
    Kevin

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Can't say I was too impressed with the website. It didn't tell me much about the book (but then again, I'm used to meatier reviews). Still, I will look for the book and give the old once-over. Although, if this guy's for real, why hasn't anybody tried to shut him up if he's revealing such tippy-top secret stuff? Maybe there's nothing to reveal, or it's all part of the smoke-and-mirrors that we have become dangerously complacent towards.

------------------
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

You have an interesting website. It is well-designed and easy to navigate. However, that transmission that you say comes from a foreign show is highly suspect. Those guys weren't picked to be astronauts because they questioned orders. There's also a problem with the clarity. It's too clear. I've heard other broadcasts from the early days of space exploration and it's not the greatest quality. There is also no lag-time between responses. The signal didn't move that fast back then. There is still a good lag time, even to someplace as close as low-earth orbit.

Also suspect is the "zooming in" on the UFO. I believe that there was nothing in orbit more exciting than ice crystals at that time (the footage of one "shooting" at the other one was pretty cool, though). Aside from it being in the center of the field of view, there was nothing to make it stand out from the others, yet they only zoomed in on the one. Why, when there were so many others? I believe that the zoom was done only as a matter of making sure that things were still working properly and hadn't frozen up in the cold darkness of space.

The footage of the thing that seems to dart straight for the satellite is questionable, as the thing doesn't seem to match the graininess of the rest of the image.

Don't take my skepticism personally. Some people do. I'm not looking to shoot you down. I'm only trying to exhaust the terrestrial explanations before moving to the extraterrestrial.

------------------
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmc Registered Member

I'm sorry I took so long to reply. I appreciate your comments--positive and negative.

I believe Dan Sherman is telling nothing but the truth in his book, "Above Black". I have checked out his references and background, and they all hold true. You can download part of the book on the site (www.aboveblack.com/pa107). His website may not be fancy, but that's because he's a military guy who just gives you the facts. I encourage you to download the e-book, and you'll probably end up purchasing the complete book. I was skeptical at first, too--and you have to be--but Sherman has nothing to gain, and everything to lose, by telling his story. He's made the book cheap, and so he's not making much profit on it. Sherman is only interested in government disclosure. He was never in it for the money.

As for my site, I don't claim that any of the evidence is hard fact. After all, there are few facts in ET research. The video of the UFO being shot at has been examined by many professionals (of video, etc.) and scientists, and they all said that NASA's explanation/cover was bogus. The supposed audio from the Apollo 11 mission was edited, or so I've heard, because there WERE long pauses in the original. I don't know if it's authentic, but I do believe that there is a conspiracy with the moon landing, and that the astronauts saw UFOs up there. I want my page--more than anything--to get people thinking, so they understand that the government is capable of, and has, been keeping secrets from us. There's a saying: "Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear." We are not alone.

I do strongly encourage you to read "Above Black", and then make your decisions. Feel free to e-mail me any time. And check out my site every now and then, as I will be updating frequently--hopefully. Thanks.

Kevin