About The Members 33: superstring01

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by pjdude1219, Aug 16, 2009.

1. superstring01 Moderator

I realize that there is a conflict, but "destroying nature" doesn't necessarily involve the death of every creature. I like to think that if trees, plankton and a smattering of other animals and plants survive, then so can humanity.

~String

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Oh, I didn't see this before:
    Do you have some pictures online ? If so, do you have a link so I can see them ?
    What sort of stuff do you photograph usually ?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok, maybe I should have put "complete destruction" as that's what I meant.
    On a side note: Humanity may well survive in your scenario above, but most likely the population would dwindle dramatically with 100's of millions, perhaps even a few billion, of people dying of starvation and disease.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

I have a huge collection on Facebook. I'm loath to give out that information. I'll see what I can come up with.

Then, they'd be the same question, twice! What purpose would that serve?

~String

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok, anything at all would be cool

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:mufc:

9. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Are you a cat person or a dog person?

If, for the rest of your life, you had to choose between doing farts that were silent but smelled horrible, or were ridiculously loud but had no odor, which would would it be?

10. superstring01 Moderator

I like them both. Not equally though, dogs edge out cats by a small margin.

I have no compunction about farting wherever I want. The only place I can be convinced to contain myself is in restaurants and elevators. Anywhere else is free game for the release of my pent-up effluvia. So, I choose the non-smelly loud ones because. . . well, the actual sound doesn't annoy or embarrass me.

~String

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

see post 17

12. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Can you play any musical instrument?
    What kind of outfit is your favorite?
    What is your favorite drink / beverages?
    Have you ever have serious illness or injuries? What was it?
    What things do you usually celebrate (birthday? christmass?)

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

What's the most embarrassing thing you've done in public ?

14. superstring01 Moderator

Space. I'm a scifi geek.

Yes. My dad first took me hunting when I was a little kid. IT was a horrible experience. I don't like killing animals. I can appreciate the need to do so (I love meat), but I can't do it. My dad tells me that I used my shot gun as a crutch and filled the muzzle with mud. He was kind of pissed off.

Yes. I do love fishing. I used to spear fish in the Canary Islands.

Ugh. Long story. Yes. I punched her. It's such a horribly long story. But my grandfather who was in WWII brought me home coins, various "memorabilia" from dispatched Nazis (rank symbols, hats), and an number of other wonderful things. She was a crack whore and stole my stuff and sold it. She also was the leaseholder on our apt. Unbeknownst to me she canceled the lease. I came home to a "two day" notice and my stuff being stolen. For some twist of fate, she left her really nice bed in the apt. When she came around to pick it up, I told her it was mine until she coughed up my property. An argument ensued. Something about the reason for her father killing himself as a result of her being a worthless whore may have come out of my mouth (she came from a disturbed family; side note: I was an idiot for moving in with her, but that story for another time). Things degenerated. She attempted to scratch my eyes out, I parried. She tried to hit me. Blocked. As a rule, women get two free shots. After that, they're open game. She ended up with a black eye.

I never saw my grandfather's stuff again, and somehow she ended up with her fucking bed back. Dirty whore.

No. I have no musical talent.

My Khaki shorts, Sambas, black t-shirt.

Water. Silk Soy Milk. Jone's Root Beer.

I had several reconstructive surgeries on the right side of my face between age 8 and 11. At age seven I was attacked by two German Shepards and was tore up pretty badly. They went after the right side of my face, ripped off the ear, and bit a sizable hole in my right leg. It took a number of surgeries from a great doctor.

I hate birthdays. I hate birthdays. When I met my boyfriend, I made him agree that we wouldn't fuss over them. I told him I hate them. I don't call my brothers or parents on theirs. I don't send cards to friends or buy b-day gifts. My friends are all okay with that, but my boyfriend has duped me into celebrating his, which just annoys the hell out of me.

Christmas is okay, but I work in retail and people become mutant assholes in the month of December, so I'm not a big fan of that either. Though, I do enjoy buying gifts for the BF and my parents (they are the only people I buy for).

My two FAVORITES are Thanksgiving and St. Patrick's Day.

Turkey day (Thanksgiving) is awesome. It's practically uncorrupted by stupid retail and merchandising ploys. It's just family, gathered together around a table, eating amazing food and drink.

My all time favorite is St. Patrick's day. It's a long standing tradition that, no matter where we are on earth, my friends and I will gather downtown Cleveland at the break of dawn and drink for 24 hours straight. Some pussy out halfway through, but it's always a sick blast.

I got drunk at Carnival in Spain and puked all over myself, in the car, on my friend. Everywhere. I was hung over for two days. My host mother was furious (she was a fucking bitch anyway). My friends just brushed it off and said it the funniest thing ever, which is odd, because I would have been pissed (especially considering how intoxicated I was).

~String

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  15. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

What's your favorite fast food restaurant? Least favorite?

What nation would you want to live in if you had to leave wherever it is you currently live?

If you had to choose between watching nothing but Nicholas Cage movies for the rest of your life or being shot in the face by a SciForums member's projectile diarrhea, which SciForums member would you choose?

16. superstring01 Moderator

Grand prize winner is Brown Bag Burgers (available only in Cleveland)*. They've won every local award possible. I'm not sure they legally qualify as "fast food" but it is fast (like 3 minutes to get a burger). The stuff is totally organic and fresh. I'm a burger aficionado, and this place has THE Best burgers on I've ever had in my entire life. Easily surpassing the comparable yet much over-hyped Five Guys and In-N-Out Burger joints.

Following that, I'd have to say: Del Taco. I used to live on this stuff eons ago when I lived in Phoenix, AZ. Sadly, there are none near me. One just opened in Toledo, Ohio, which is about 1.5 hours away; followed closely by Sonic (which just opened near me) and Jack In The Box (the nearest of which is like 700 miles away).

Asking me my least favorite fast food is like asking me my least favorite winning lottery ticket, or least favorite type of orgasm; I mean, they're all good. Just some are better than others. My "least favorite" fast food would have to be the guys with the golden arches (which is not to say, I would kick Ronald McDonald out of bed in a pinch). Generally it tastes a bit too, industrial for me (which is sort of splitting hairs, considering they are all horrible, artery clogging, particle foods, assembled by pubescent boys and girls with attitudes who's use of urban vernacular borders on being less intelligible than ancient Hittite) and probably Poppeye's (because I'm too white to go there and usually feel like I'm being stared-down by the locals).

Spain. Not just "would want..." but "do want..." I love Spain. Tenerife. I talk about it ad nauseum. I'll retire there. I hope.

You asked "if I had to chose between" then seem to take away that choice at the end.

I'll just imagine that I have a choice. I'd NOT choose to be shat on. Were such choice removed, and I had to pick a member to drop their skat on my person, I'd choose James because he's totally vegan and organic. I'm hoping that, that would the content of his guts.

~String

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  17. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

You had a choice. I was just assuming that you'd rather be pooped on than suffer a lifetime of Nicholas Cage movies. I obviously assumed wrong.

I know that I'd rather have someone leave a steamer on my forehead than have to watch The Wicker Man and Lord Of War over and over and over again for the rest of my life. :shrug:

18. superstring01 Moderator

Lord of War was actually a good movie.

~String

19. EntropyAlwaysWins TANSTAAFL. Registered Senior Member

Agreed, Lord of War was surprisingly good.

20. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

What is your greatest passion? What are your goals? What is important?

You sound a lot like me. Blond hair, blue eyes, 6' tall, 195 lbs, well-built, The Matrix is one of my favorite movies. Albeit, I'm not a homosexual.

21. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Which man do you prefer? Di Capario or Depp. Gable or Grant. Russel Crowe or Gerard Butler

If you had to be born as a famous female actress which one would you choose? No you don't have the choice of a famous writer or politician.

22. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

haha, you've gotta be inebriated to have asked that last question.

23. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Have you ever been to Rota, Spain?