about cottentop3000

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by riku_124, Jun 8, 2006.

1. perplexity Banned Banned

Fat and black are easy enough to spot, so if you don't like them, keep away.

Retards are not so easy to distinguish. They may at first sight appear to be much brighter than they eventually prove to be. Because retardation is more a question of progress and capacity than immediate appearance it is often only as a result of the anger that one realises the cause of the predicament, one of the most frequent mistakes in life being to assume that others are much the same as oneself, meaning just what we would mean in a given situatation, with some sort of purpose assumed. That is where the anger comes from, the false understanding of how an expression is meant. With a correct understanding the anger goes. Nobody blames a worm for its lack of intellect.

It is possible to live with somebody for many years before fully appreciating their strengths
    and weaknesses in these respects, and only then does the crisis arrive.

The error may also occur with social institutions. It took me many years to realise just how stupid politicians really are, what a waste the anger is because they just don't know how to do better to save their own lives.

--- Ron.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

yeah ill do that next time.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Hope your`e OK Cotton old buddy?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

dead.

8. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

What do you know Vlad?

9. draqon Banned Banned

my name's aint Vlad. And you are right...I know nothing. I never knew anything of anyone. He left us, he just left us without saying a word, forgat everything we talked about here, just left us. He aint dead...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  10. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

11. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

You're right that you don't know that he's dead. But you also don't know that he's not dead. He could be anything, really.

Yes, it's entirely possible that he died. Naturally he couldn't possible have let us know of his absence if he died, unless it were suicide. Suicide doesn't seem terribly likely to me, but it can't be ruled out.

He might have gotten a life. But my instinct tells me that isn't it. Even if he had a life now, SciForums is his second home. One doesn't just vanish from their second home for almost a month. I think one could reasonably expect at least one visit from him, telling us of the great times he's having now. But no one can actually be certain of this.

It's also possible that he was incarcerated for something. Let's face it: He wasn't the happiest of people. He might've had a run in with alcohol or any other drug as an escape from depression, and he might have subsequently tried driving home drunk or high. There are quite a few possibilities wrapped inside this one. And again, he couldn't possible have let us know of his absence if this were the case. I don't feel that incarceration is too likely either, but I cannot deny that it can't be ruled out.

Going on another tangent, maybe something happened with him, something bad, something either on SF or between him and one or more members of SF. He's either hurt, angered, or embarassed, and he's running away from it with his tail between his legs instead of facing it like a man, or something. Since we know very little about all the relationships between him and other SF members, it's tough to say how likely this is.

All I can conclusively say is, this isn't just another case of a member taking a break from SciForums. We have a man who loved being here, who came here every day, and who had no reason to leave. Then one day, the man starts not coming here as often until he's stopped coming here altogether, but he still has no apparent reason to leave.

I believe someone here holds the secret, or the key thereto. Or if not, then there should be enough clues laying around with which we can piece together the most likely answer. This is a mystery I want to see solved.

12. draqon Banned Banned

Athelwulf: Dont look far for what is closest thing there is, for what is within you.

13. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Please elaborate... And then please tell me how it's relevant.

14. draqon Banned Banned

I meant to say, that there is no hidden truth and noone here holds some secret key to the dissapearence of cottontop3000, he just left and that is all to it.

15. Roman Banned Banned

dragon, you're inane. No wonder people give you piss to drink at parties.

16. draqon Banned Banned

I wonder how you would act with people and judge of people when something like that would have happened to you

17. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Can you say for sure that he simply left, that he simply dropped out of contact with just about everyone here?

My, you're curt.

18. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Nice.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Subscribing for next time I'm in. My hour is almost up for today. Library, not jail. I can't wait to see what's been said about me. I'm so vain.

19. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Well, they haven't told me to get off yet, so I'll respond. Nope, as you can see, I'm not dead. Wasn't incarcertated. Didn't go to Bangkok to beat down little ole Vincent. I just got tired of the internet. Got rid of it. Now, I'm back (through my library) when I can make myself leave the house for an hour or so. Anyway, sorry I didn't tell any of you I was leaving. I should have, especially you athelwulf and you riku, since I had talked privately with you and you seem to be concerned about my well-being. A few others too.

Anyway, for now, I'm going to be visiting every few days, if I can make myself get out of the house that often, and if I don't get tired or bored with it again. Even if I do, I'll probably come back again at some point. You see, I get bored with the other things in my life as well at times.

I've been booted. Till next time.

20. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

No-- Cottontop is dead! It's a zombie! Don't listen to him-- this is just his undead body trying to lure you closer so he can eat your brain.

21. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I prefer monkey brain, but human will do. Watch it, or I will invite you over for a talk.

22. analbeads "loosen up" Registered Senior Member

Now where are you Cottontop?

23. vslayer Registered Senior Member

hey beads, long time no see.