Abortion

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Write4U, May 19, 2019.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

So are words like vernier and hovercraft. But if I tried to apply them to pregnancy, everybody (except you) would be confused.

It was pointed out to W4U that he is misusing words, and thus not making sense. Instead of simply correcting it, he just keeps at it - insisting, despite his own dictionary reference to the contrary, that he's right.

So this is not a conversation. Unless someone chimes in with a sensical viewpoint, this thread is going nowhere.

Vernier a nice hovercraft, W4U!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

You would not have this problem if you applied these terms in context of Measurement and Flight respectively, instead of making things up.
    Incredible. I provide links to dictionaries and yet I am accused of making things up. That's just silly.
    Are we still not clear. As requested I have explained my use and context of the term "illegitimate" in great detail but apparently you are not ready to give up this fruitless pursuit in trying to find fault with my dictionary research.

Give it up and lets discuss the issues, ok?
    That's just BS. The term Vernier has nothing to do with law or rape. It also has nothing to do with hovercraft either. I believe it is a fine measuring scale on a Vernier caliper.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

However, if you can direct me to a link of a Vernier Hovercraft, I'll include it in my library if the term is ever used in that context.....

But not to worry, actually I have lost interest in this thread and its constant bickering about terminology. I'm out. Have at it with language that suits your tastes.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Hovercrafts and abortion. Hmm. Not seeing the connection.

billvon and Write4U like this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

My hovercraft is full of pregnant eels.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Another thread, passing over a bridge that W4U has rigged with dynamite.
    SPLABAM!

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Write4U:

Legitimate, as in authorised by law? Didn't we just speak about that? Pregnancies don't need somebody's stamp of approval. There are no certificates of legitimacy to be had for pregnancies (at least, not in the United States).

If you mean that the rape victim might consider the pregnancy unwanted, why not say that, rather than rabbiting on about legitimacy? (Is English your first language?)

Are you saying that you think that all rapists have a mental illness? Much as you might like that to be true, it is not.

Women should have rights over their own bodies, same as men. When it comes to somebody else using your body - for any purpose - you have a right to say no. Women can refuse sex. And nobody wants to be raped.

What? You have some strange ideas.

It sounds like you're saying that if a woman does not try to fight her rapist off then it's her fault and she is responsible for the rape. That is completely wrong. The perpetrator of the rape is responsible for his crime, not his victim.

It is your position that if she is able to resist or fight back, hypothetically, then it's her fault if she's raped? Is that what you're saying?

Decision making process? What decision making process?

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Oh for chrissake! Give it a rest.

I have already bowed out and I'm still being hounded![/QUOTE]

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Well, I responded to a post you wrote when you obviously weren't bowed out. When you give it a rest, I'll give it a rest.

pjdude1219 likes this.