Abortion vs adoption

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by CutsieMarie89, Sep 29, 2008.

1. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Faced with the decision of what to do with an unexpected/ unwanted pregnancy which you choose?

Adoption never made much sense for me. Perhaps I'm just selfish.

I hate to start another thread like this, but I was curious. I read in a magazine the other day that many young women of today would rather have an abortion than give their baby up for adoption. I thought I was the only one who felt this way, but after discussing the issue with other women I found many of them had the same views, even a quite a few of the women who said they were pro-life.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Then at least do us (and the world) a favor and allow only women to vote. As my wife puts it (and I had to clean up the language because there were too many dirty words), "I'll give a flying fuck what men think about abortion, the first time one of you assholes gets pregnant!"

If the Supreme Court is going to make this decision for all of you, only the female justices should get to vote. (How many are there now, like one?)
    Without ruling on abortion itself, can we make these stupid euphemisms illegal? Call it "pro-abortion" and "anti-abortion," so we can all understand a)what it's about and b)which side is which.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

tell your wife that as long as there are proposals from feminist groups that wifes need to give permission before a vesectomy is carried out men have as much right to imput into wether there wives are alowed an abortion

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Ugh. I think it's a man's business whether he has a vasectomy, and a woman's business whether she has an abortion.

If I got pregnant by accident I'd abort while it was still unformed. Call me selfish or whatever, but I don't see anything either moral or respsonsible about creating an unwanted child. That and I'm extremely vain about my body.

8. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Of course, you forgot an option....Abstinence!

The "choice" in pro-choice should come before intercourse. After all there is variety of ways to achieve orgasm with out risking pregnancy, ya know, if it's just sex.

But since this should just be between women, I'll ask my daughter what she thinks......she's adopted.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Screw abstinence.

Sure, you can induce an orgasm without penetration, but I think that's irrelevant. I see nothing wrong with early stage abortions.

10. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Yes, I'm sure your healthcare provider would agree.

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i would have to go for the adoption route, i could never kill a fetus or a child

12. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

And another... contraception!

All of these problems would be solved if sexually active women went on the pill/had the coil/had an implant etc. and made damn sure their partner was wearing a condom too.

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

This is a tough question, since I have had 2 kids of my own and was also adopted when I was a baby.

I am happy that my birth mother went the adoption route instead of abortion or I wouldn't be here today.

I have also been pregnant and know what hell delivering my 2 were. I also know what it did to my body.

I find it hard to even imagine going through the 9 mnths and delivery to hand the baby over to someone else. That is a lot of work just to give it away. I am also a big softie and don't think that once the baby was born I would be able to give it away. I would be sucked in, esp if the babies were as beautiful as mine where

. (ya ya I am bragging)

On the other hand I can't imagine having an abortion unless it was absolutely necessary or I was raped or something to that effect. It would be a REALLY tough decision to abort, but then there would be no chance of wanting to keep the baby.

If I had the baby thinking I would give it up for adoption, I can see changing my mind and keeping the baby in the end.

So at this point I am not sure what I would do, it would depend on the circumstances at the time.

14. Fungezoid Banned Banned

Abortion is murder. Period. It is unacceptable in all of its instances.

15. Fungezoid Banned Banned

I have to agree.

16. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Piss off fungezoid.

I can understand why you think adoption is preferable, but say for example a very young adolescent girl was raped? Would you force such a girl to bear a child regardless of the damage to her undersized body, to say nothing of the monstrous emotional trauma?!

17. Roman Banned Banned

Abortion is a good thing. It gets rid of poor babies, from genetically inferior stock.

18. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

And yet, here you are.

:bugeye:

19. Roman Banned Banned

I've got blue eyes.
    Same color as Jesus.

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

So killing the innocent and weak is Ok so long as you achieve a better orgasm?

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

It especially keeps down the number of black babies:

22. Bells Staff Member

Tell me Madant, was that the first thing that came to your mind upon reading Roman's comment?

23. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Um I think you missed my point. This has nothing to do with abstinence or contraceptives or anything like that. Accidents happen, it was a hypothetical situation and men can answer if they wish as well, they have just as much experience carrying a baby to term as I do. If for whatever reason you were in that situation where you could choose to abort or give the baby away after it was born what would you decide to do. Personally I don't think abortion would eat my heart out like giving my child up for adoption would. If I invest the time and effort into carrying it around for the better part of a year, then I'm keeping it I would never be able to give my child away regardless of my living situation. That's all I wanted to know. If you think abortion is wrong no matter what then just say you would choose adoption. Because that's the choice you would make in this hypothetical situation.